dcsimg

Knee pads

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

So to go along with the aching body thread, does anyone have any knee pads they reccomend? I can’t seem to find a pair that work for me. They always slide down my legs, or bunch up behind me knee and irritate me.

I have a pair of dead on knee that are the best I’ve found so far, but still not great. The top strap goes on my thigh so they don’t bunch up like most, but I still find myself constantly having to adjust them.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I often wear a cheap pair with the velcro straps. Plenty comfortable, decent support, and when they get crappy, new pairs are cheap. I spend 95% of the time standing, so they need to be light.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I crawl around doing floors and baseboards a lot. Fitting door hardware is another one too. Often times I just skip the knee pads because they’re so uncomfortable.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I was gonna order a pair of those pants with the knee pad slots after reading a review on here. Of course in a month or so we will be in shorts, so I will probably hold off.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I used to use leather ones with a buckle but switched over to rubber one like the dead on. They are very comfortable to me. I do not bother with the top straps, just the lower ones.

The downside is the plastic nubs that hold the elastic strap eventually pop off so unless you feel like shoemakering a repair they need to be replaced evry so often.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Get the blaklader pants and knee pads you’ll never want to use anything else.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I have a pair of brawny pants, but they are huge on me, and didn’t come with pads. I think I’m gonna get the x1600 next.

staker
    Pro

I have the Blaklader pants with the pads haven’t had a chance to try the pads yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Should probably wear them, but never do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only time I think I should wear pads is after the fact when my knees are killing me.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Get the blaklader pants and knee pads you’ll never want to use anything else.

That would have been my response also. When they slide in you don’t have any straps to have to mess with or cut off any circulation.

A Working Pro since 2004

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I use knee pads quite often.

Mine are CLC with the hard cap. There are about ten years old. The newer version has a soft silicone type overlay on the cap, to keep you from sliding. Mine are very comfortable and functional.

You also might want to check out ProKnee. My understanding is that they were originally made for dirt bikers or some such, but now they are marketed to the construction field. Just google ProKnee. I think my I might try the ProKnee when my CLC’s finally buy the farm.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

some of the guys at work swear by the craftsman gels but i have not tried them myself

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

These are my go to pair as of late. Don’t use them often. I have noticed they tend to roll over when your moving around a lot.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

I use these I give up one wearing knee pads . Either kobalt one or marshmallows kneeboard .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never used knee pads, but often wished I had a pair with me now. Ah, I’m getting so old now I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to get on my knees so no point in buying a pair now.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i find construction grade kneepads exremely uncomfortable and they dont stay in place. so i wear volleyball kneepads under my pants

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

These are my go to pair as of late. Don’t use them often. I have noticed they tend to roll over when your moving around a lot.

I have been using the same knee pads for some time. They work very well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do these make your knees sweat? Do they have any venting in them?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I try to avoid any knee work , Ill leave that to the young guys 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.585 seconds