dcsimg

Klein vs. Greenlee

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I only have one klein side cutter, and am very happy with the quality, i would say equal to a snap on cutter i have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have never paid so much attention to Klein as I thought they are not made in USA

They have always been US-made, and that’s one of their biggest selling points. It’s only recently that a few of their items have started showing up as made overseas. The lesser tool bags and meters that you see in Home Depot, and I think I noticed the conduit level is made in Taiwan. Hopefully not a trend that is going to continue.

Yes.
    I dont like their meters. I use to networking tools (wire mapper). I been using klein tools since 1989. Still have my klien set since i was in electrical trades class in high school (89/90 s hol year). Thats why many electricians use or buy their hand tools.

Yes.
    I dont like their meters. I use to networking tools (wire mapper). I been using klein tools since 1989. Still have my klien set since i was in electrical trades class in high school (89/90 s hol year). Thats why many electricians use or buy their hand tools.

Those kleins most of gotten some use over the years .

Always willing to learn .

Yes i used them for 2 yrs in high school. One year in trade school. And all the following years up to now. I dont use them as much since i have insulated tools now. A lil expensive but well worth it

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have a pair of Klien Linesman pliers that just never seem to dull. I’ve had them for a few years now and am truly impressed!

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a pair of Klien Linesman pliers that just never seem to dull. I’ve had them for a few years now and am truly impressed!

If you don’t burn them, their pliers should last the average Joe a lifetime.

They had a bad spell with their screwdrivers fairly recently, but I’ve read that they’ve since changed the steel.

They dont dull. Mine have piece missing from the jaws.i accidently cut into live wire. Other then that they still cut wire ans o use th to pull wire as well. Their screwdrivers were changing.

Yes i used them for 2 yrs in high school. One year in trade school. And all the following years up to now. I dont use them as much since i have insulated tools now. A lil expensive but well worth it

Crazy how the technology never change with the Hand tools just some insulated wrap for protection.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Crazy how the technology never change with the Hand tools just some insulated wrap for protection.

Almost never…have you seen those goofy auto adjusting pliers? Or the Knipex Plier/Wrench?

It’s clear to me that the metal alloys aren’t what they used to be. The tools are lighter which is good, but many times they aren’t as durable because of it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I have never paid so much attention to Klein as I thought they are not made in USA

They have always been US-made, and that’s one of their biggest selling points. It’s only recently that a few of their items have started showing up as made overseas. The lesser tool bags and meters that you see in Home Depot, and I think I noticed the conduit level is made in Taiwan. Hopefully not a trend that is going to continue.

I think I might pay more attention to german hand tool or big USA company such as Stanley

I have Stanley tools and use them often as well.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I read somewhere a few years ago that stanley and mac sockets and wrenches are made in the same factory. I would have to research that more to be 100%, but if true, that says a lot for the quality of stanley hand tools.

Sorry, I find that Stanley tools do not get my attention any longer. German made is on my radar lately with Wiha, Knipex, and others.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I might pay more attention to german hand tool or big USA company such as Stanley

I thought you were in the electrical industry in some form? I’m not stuck on Klein myself, but most electricians will not use anything else. Stanley is no comparison to Klein, nor does it really make much that’s useful for my trade.

In my main bag, I have Klein, Greenlee, Knipex, Ideal, Fluke, Channellock, C.K Tools, Estwing, Wiha and maybe a couple of others. The only thing China-made are some Milwaukee screwdrivers, which I must admit I have been very happy with.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I prefer Klein over all others. I have had some Greenlee tools and weren’t very impressed with them. Maybe it is me just being biased. I do however use some of the other greenlee products like pipe warmer, knock out sets etc.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like Klein too. They make a very good tool for the money.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had some Greenlee tools and weren’t very impressed with them. Maybe it is me just being biased. I do however use some of the other greenlee products like pipe warmer, knock out sets etc.

The only thing Greenlee in my bag are my cable cutters, and they are 15+ years old, US-made. I have never even tried the newer Greenlee hand tools, as they just don’t scream quality to me. I think they are made more for the big box stores, DIY’ers who really don’t know any better. They are probably okay, but just okay. I’ve never see them in my local supplies. I have no interest in the Southwire hand tools either. Again, made more for DIY’ers, and I believe both are made in China.

The more traditional Greenlee tools – KO set, benders and such – those have always been top-notch.

Almost never…have you seen those goofy auto adjusting pliers? Or the Knipex Plier/Wrench?

It’s clear to me that the metal alloys aren’t what they used to be. The tools are lighter which is good, but many times they aren’t as durable because of it.

Your right about the durable of the materials they use to be made of .

I agree i dont like Southwire. I do in fact deal with them a lot for their cable and wire spools. I have some cutters and a multimeter that I was given last year for my bday. Although, the quality is not superb, I keep them since it was a gift. Greenlee on the other has KO set that is great. Just like you guys said. Greenlee and Southwire are not in my toolbag for work either.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.531 seconds