dcsimg

Klein vs. Greenlee

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • Author

Pulled the trigger today on my bench screwdrivers. I went with the Wiha 32092 insulated drivers. I was at Neu’s hardware today and I got to try out several different grips and these won by a landslide. I also figured hey I don’t have any insulated screwdrivers.

Nice choice Jason! I was toying for a long time with grabbing Wiha insulated drivers myself, but grabbed a knipex set that was on crazy discount at Lowe’s the other day. You definitely made a solid choice!

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Pulled the trigger today on my bench screwdrivers. I went with the Wiha 32092 insulated drivers. I was at Neu’s hardware today and I got to try out several different grips and these won by a landslide. I also figured hey I don’t have any insulated screwdrivers.

Nice choice Jason! I was toying for a long time with grabbing Wiha insulated drivers myself, but grabbed a knipex set that was on crazy discount at Lowe’s the other day. You definitely made a solid choice!

Thanks John, thank goodness for Amazon Prime because I can barely wait to get them. I will surely have a through review of them once I get my hands on them.

It came down to the PB, Wiha and Wera pretty much a straw grab at that point.

haha yeah Prime shipping is amazing!! And those 3 brands are definitely great options, but PB Swiss’ price is a little bit much… They are only on sale once a year (BF) but even then they are still pricey… Sounds familiar :\

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Out with the old – in with the new. I added the old screwdrivers to the donation toolbox never to be seen by me again.

Awesome Jason! I love my wiha drivers! I really appreciate the shape of the handle… You sure that you won’t be tempted to use them when not around electricity…. or will you? haha

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooo I like that new set, Congrats. Your old ones look like what I have left anymore, Just a mix of whatever brand. That’s one thing I badly need to start over on. For some reason over the years they seemed to disappear. Kinda like socks do in the laundry. I wouldn’t need electrical ones though

Those look so nice you wouldn’t want to use them. I agree with John, the handles fit your hand nice and the soft grip feels good.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Thanks guys! I love the new grips that these guys have on them. I found myself manually screwing a few things last night that I would have normally used an electric. I am sure this fad will fade but it was fun for a minute.

@John
    S I am pretty confident that I will use these for just about everything around the house. Who knows I might like them enough to swap out my Kleins in the toolbag.

That sounds like a pretty bold notion to me 😛 You might like them quite a bit! And I bet your desire to hand screw things will fade pretty fast haha… I know mine did after all the furniture assembling, haha… But it sure worked on my forearm strength… Or some sort of muscle/ligament I rarely use.

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

@John S do you ever use your Wera drivers for light demo work? If so do you think the steel is up the the challenge? I am trying to figure out which is better for light demo (Klein, PB, Wera).

@John S do you ever use your Wera drivers for light demo work? If so do you think the steel is up the the challenge? I am trying to figure out which is better for light demo (Klein, PB, Wera).

I have not, BUT I have used my ‘pink’ Wiha ones quite a bit…
    http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-53097-Screwdriver-Slotted-Phillips/dp/B000T9UKO8

But they are designed for exactly that… I would hate to ruin the PB ones on something like light demo, so I might say Klein or Wera… Plus Wera has a curved bottom on the handle and the Klein are all flat – which I assume is more helpful for light demo

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Those pink Wiha drivers look very impressive and strong. Now I have myself thinking that I need to upgrade my garage drivers with the Wiha’s. This website is just dangerous for a man who loves tools.

In the demo thread Rob has a pretty sweet lead on a Craftsman chisel rasp that I should use instead of my drivers.

Those pink Wiha drivers look very impressive and strong. Now I have myself thinking that I need to upgrade my garage drivers with the Wiha’s. This website is just dangerous for a man who loves tools.

In the demo thread Rob has a pretty sweet lead on a Craftsman chisel rasp that I should use instead of my drivers.

haha they aren’t pink!! I promise they are really red!! Oh well… I give up trying to convince you guys 🙁

And that craftsman chisel/rasp sounds interesting, but I gotta see it to believe it. There is another version of it from HD but I am guessing the craftsman quality is at least a little better

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nicholson-3-Piece-Steel-WoodChuck-Set-WCSET3CMN/100190518

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I believe you John that they are red. I think the reality of the matter is that I use my 18V impact or driver for 85% of my work except for mainly attaching plates, ground screws, light demo and other small adjustments. I am probably a candidate for a mixed set of drivers. A Wiha slotted for my light demo, Wiha insulated #2 Phillips & #1 Slotted and a few odds and ends Kleins (just because I like them so much).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greenlee makes excellent tools for the electrical trade, but I’m not into their basic hand tools – pliers, screwdrivers and such – preferring Klein or Ideal.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I am wondering tools from Klein and Greenlee are still made in U.S.A ?

As far as I know. Klein tools are USA made. I never owned Greenlee tools but I have used them. They are great tools. But I prefer Klien hand tools

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

As far as I know. Klein tools are USA made. I never owned Greenlee tools but I have used them. They are great tools. But I prefer Klien hand tools

That sounds good.

The vast majority of Klein are made in USA only a small percantage are not. Klein tools would not say exactly how much. But overall made in USA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

The vast majority of Klein are made in USA only a small percantage are not. Klein tools would not say exactly how much. But overall made in USA

Thanks for your clarification. I have never paid so much attention to Klein as I thought they are not made in USA

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.573 seconds