dcsimg

Kitchen Remodel

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks guys. There’s still tons to do till the kitchen is fully finished, but the to do list for this stage is getting shorter!

are you guys also getting a range hood?

Yeah, a friend of mine had one he took out of a remodel he was working on – brand new and fully functional, just not what the customer wanted. And it’s stainless steel so it matches our appliances! I’ll probably wait to install it till we redo the uppers so that might not be for a while.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got more done today. The last cabinet is leveled and secured, with the correct countertop installed and caulked now too. I also put in the waterproof backing underneath the counters in the open corner space so that I can then put in a shelf later.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I got more done today. The last cabinet is leveled and secured, with the correct countertop installed and caulked now too. I also put in the waterproof backing underneath the counters in the open corner space so that I can then put in a shelf later.

Is that plastic decking in back of the stove?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yes sir! Should be ok heat wise – it’s all pretty shielded back there and it doesn’t start until right below the countertop line. I’m really happy with the look we’ve achieved too.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks guys. There’s still tons to do till the kitchen is fully finished, but the to do list for this stage is getting shorter!

Yeah, a friend of mine had one he took out of a remodel he was working on – brand new and fully functional, just not what the customer wanted. And it’s stainless steel so it matches our appliances! I’ll probably wait to install it till we redo the uppers so that might not be for a while.

Wow it can get better than that. I have to install one as well because currently we only have a microwave with fan above the range and that just sucks.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Wow it can get better than that. I have to install one as well because currently we only have a microwave with fan above the range and that just sucks.

Funny, I have one too I bought at Costco earlier this year that is still sitting in its box downstairs waiting for me to install. We went all stainless with our kitchen appliances over the last few years and the old white range hood is the last item to go.

Isn’t that what it’s supposed to do suck lol
    Sorry couldn’t resist

Great job Charlie , looks good I would say that the only thing to watch out for is if you have the self cleaning type of stove. When you use that feature it gets really hot around the stove.
    Otherwise it should be fine.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Funny, I have one too I bought at Costco earlier this year that is still sitting in its box downstairs waiting for me to install. We went all stainless with our kitchen appliances over the last few years and the old white range hood is the last item to go.

I can definitely see our kitchen ending up like that too. I am going to have to punch a new hole through to the outside with the new placement of our stove and I’m not really looking forward to that. Or patching the existing vent hole, lol. It may be that I’ll get the hood up and then make it actually functional much further down the line, lol.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I can definitely see our kitchen ending up like that too. I am going to have to punch a new hole through to the outside with the new placement of our stove and I’m not really looking forward to that. Or patching the existing vent hole, lol. It may be that I’ll get the hood up and then make it actually functional much further down the line, lol.

Punching or filling those holes is never a fun job. I don’t envy you that task.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes sir! Should be ok heat wise – it’s all pretty shielded back there and it doesn’t start until right below the countertop line. I’m really happy with the look we’ve achieved too.

What will you grout it with?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I wasn’t planning on anything. It’s mostly just decorative, and the spacing looks about right for the material. I don’t think it needs it – but is there something specifically you’re thinking could go wrong?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Do you have much more to do in the Kitchen now?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Not too much for this phase – the last things to do are to paint and install a shelf in the back open space and then put trim around the base of everything.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Not too much for this phase – the last things to do are to paint and install a shelf in the back open space and then put trim around the base of everything.

I see. You have remodel set up in phases. How many phases are there?

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wasn’t planning on anything. It’s mostly just decorative, and the spacing looks about right for the material. I don’t think it needs it – but is there something specifically you’re thinking could go wrong?

I’m just think that would be a place for splattered grease to build up and bugs to hide.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@dirtywhiteboy I could see that, but we rarely cook foods with high grease content on the stove top…mostly soups and eggs really. But yeah, it’s not going to be fun when we inevitably need to clean it.

@gtokley
    well, the phases aren’t really all that planned out…they mostly just happen as we get to good stopping points. But the next big phase will be ripping out and replacing the upper cabinets.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

dirtywhiteboy I could see that, but we rarely cook foods with high grease content on the stove top…mostly soups and eggs really. But yeah, it’s not going to be fun when we inevitably need to clean it.

Oh, Okay. It would not be good here because of all the bugs we have. That would be a cockroach hangout.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@gtokley well, the phases aren’t really all that planned out…they mostly just happen as we get to good stopping points. But the next big phase will be ripping out and replacing the upper cabinets.

Ok are you doing the next phase soon?

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@gtokley well, the phases aren’t really all that planned out…they mostly just happen as we get to good stopping points. But the next big phase will be ripping out and replacing the upper cabinets.

Ok are you doing the next phase soon?

Not likely. I’m in the process of starting my own business so hopefully I’ll be really busy this next year 🙂 That was part of the motivation to get this phase done now.

@dirtywhiteboy
    no cockroaches here, maybe fruit flies

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Not likely. I’m in the process of starting my own business so hopefully I’ll be really busy this next year That was part of the motivation to get this phase done now.

I understand. I thought maybe you were going work alittle at until the kitchen was done.

@dirtywhiteboy no cockroaches here, maybe fruit flies

LOL!!

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.540 seconds