dcsimg

Kitchen Remodel

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

How old is the house? I like the trim around the doors which has me guessing about 80 years old or so.

It was built in 1912 I believe. It’s an old house and has likely been added on to a few times and we’re doing our best to bring it into the 21st century

Pretty good eye there JDO, you nailed the time period from the trim.

I liked the era as far as home styles went. They were more individual looking as you went down a street. There just seemed to be more put into making a house look nice inside and out. Now, the lack of insulation in the walls and windows is another matter all together…lol. There are a lot of those homes in southern Ontario.

We’re pretty fortunate that way – the previous owners have had the wiring upgraded, insulation blown in, and a new roof installed all within the last ten years, so there’s a lot that could have been an issue that we won’t have to deal with.

Really good not to have to worry about those things. Will you have to relocate outlets in the redesigned kitchen? Change lighting?

There will be a little of that. We’re removing the rest of the west wall and that has a light switch and two outlets on it, and then we’re also filling in a doorway on the east wall and opening a new doorway to that utility room from the mud room. That will involve a little outlet and switch relocation as well, but it shouldn’t be too big of a deal. I’ve done that before in this house, and because the attic is so open, I’ve been able to pull wires up into it, and then drill back down to where I want them to go, and it all fits back nicely.

Charlie

Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I found them at another place called the ReStore, but it’s not affiliated with H4H.

They aren’t?

Around here, they are called “Habitat for Humanity ReStore”.

Nice find either way!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I found them at another place called the ReStore, but it’s not affiliated with H4H.

They aren’t?

Nice find either way!

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

They aren’t?

Nice find either way!

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

They aren’t?

Nice find either way!

Jon P.
    Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

They aren’t?

Nice find either way!

Whoa! Something went a little haywire with that post, lol.

But no, they’re completely different entities. We also have a H4H in town, but the ReStore is its own stand alone business.

First steps this morning – removing doors.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Today was a big day for us on this project – we went to Lowes to take advantage of the memorial weekend sales and ended up getting ourseleves our dishwasher, along with all the paint for the cabinets. Then we went home and sprayed them all – primer and then topcoat (although we need to let them sit a little longer with the top coat before we flip the doors to paint the other side).

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Today was a big day for us on this project – we went to Lowes to take advantage of the memorial weekend sales and ended up getting ourseleves our dishwasher, along with all the paint for the cabinets. Then we went home and sprayed them all – primer and then topcoat (although we need to let them sit a little longer with the top coat before we flip the doors to paint the other side).

Lots of progress on that job. Going to be really nice with the new finish. What brand is the DW?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Ah finally subscribe to this thread, coming along nicely Charlie, congrats on the new dishwasher,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today was a big day for us on this project

Lots of progress, Thank you for sharing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

They aren’t?

Nice find either way!

Whoa! Something went a little haywire with that post, lol.

But no, they’re completely different entities. We also have a H4H in town, but the ReStore is its own stand alone business.

We have them here as well, but I thought they were part of H4H as well.

I actually had them come over and pick up two leather couches we were getting rid of last fall. I had to send them pics first as they don’t want what they feel is outright unusable. When the feloows came over they said they will re-firm up the sagging bottoms and donate them to a needy family if they don’t re-sell.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

ended up getting ourseleves our dishwasher

We have 2 dishwashers in our house. Both are well over 50 years old…lol.

Congrats on the purchase and the progress. It is so nice when you get a big step done and when tearing apart turns around into rebuilding. Progress is a great motivator.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sounds like my place lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Sounds like you got some deals. A dishwasher is plus. I know my wife would love here. Our place is too small.

Does your cupboards have place for the dishwasher?

Also looks like you had nice day spraying out side.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Lots of progress on that job. Going to be really nice with the new finish. What brand is the DW?

It’s a fridgedaire like our stove.

Sounds like you got some deals. A dishwasher is plus. I know my wife would love here. Our place is too small.

It’s funny, the house had a dishwasher when we moved in, but we tore it out to move the stove over. But we’ll be putting in all new cabinets so we’ll make the space for one.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

It’s a fridgedaire like our stove.

It’s funny, the house had a dishwasher when we moved in, but we tore it out to move the stove over. But we’ll be putting in all new cabinets so we’ll make the space for one.

I’d be divorced by now if I hadn’t installed a dishwasher shortly after we got married. My wife, love her dearly, but she can’t wash dishes properly to save her life.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sounds like mine too. We have a dishwasher but use it less than once a month. Have thought about converting the space to cabinet space.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sounds like mine too. We have a dishwasher but use it less than once a month. Have thought about converting the space to cabinet space.

We use ours pretty much every second night, it’s amazing how many dishes we go through, my MIL is at home all day 🙁 so breakfast lunch and supper, and then my daughter and wife, good thing we set it to go in the middle of the night, and that’s aside from the other pots and pans we wash, 😮 just realized something hey I’m 55 so I guess I fall into this category Lmao

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Congrats on the purchase and the progress. It is so nice when you get a big step done and when tearing apart turns around into rebuilding. Progress is a great motivator.

Thanks, although, we haven’t even started the year out process…

That’s the next step, actually. We have a baby shower my wife is hosting this coming weekend and then, after that, we’ll stary the demo. But we needed to get the cabinets refinished before any of that so that the paint has a good long time to cure before we start installing it and bumping it around and everything.

So this coming Sunday we will be moving the utility room doorway into our mud room and sealing off the current doorway. I can’t tell you how nervous/ excited I am for that! It’ll really be committing us and start the clock ticking to push us to get the work done.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, although, we haven’t even started the year out process…

That’s the next step, actually. We have a baby shower my wife is hosting this coming weekend and then, after that, we’ll stary the demo. But we needed to get the cabinets refinished before any of that so that the paint has a good long time to cure before we start installing it and bumping it around and everything.

So this coming Sunday we will be moving the utility room doorway into our mud room and sealing off the current doorway. I can’t tell you how nervous/ excited I am for that! It’ll really be committing us and start the clock ticking to push us to get the work done.

A major reno like yours is always a scary thing to start but sounds like you have everything under control so far.

My wife likes to ask “what’s the worst that can happen”?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.380 seconds