dcsimg

Kitchen Remodel

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks guys. There’s still tons to do till the kitchen is fully finished, but the to do list for this stage is getting shorter!

are you guys also getting a range hood?

Yeah, a friend of mine had one he took out of a remodel he was working on – brand new and fully functional, just not what the customer wanted. And it’s stainless steel so it matches our appliances! I’ll probably wait to install it till we redo the uppers so that might not be for a while.

Wow it can get better than that. I have to install one as well because currently we only have a microwave with fan above the range and that just sucks.

Isn’t that what it’s supposed to do suck lol
    Sorry couldn’t resist

haha Brian – yeah in a way you are right. But it’s a negative “suck”

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I may actually get some work done on the kitchen tomorrow! I just have a few things left to do on this phase – put in a shelf in the open space in the corner, and put the final bits of trim on the toe kick. I glued up a section of the countertop we ended up not using to use as the shelf so that’s ready to hang, and then it’ll just be trim left!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

And that’s a wrap! I was able to get all the trim in today around the toe kicks, put the last shelf in, and caulk EVERYTHING! It looks so much better, and it’s actually finished!

Well come back to the uppers sometime later this year, hopefully, but for now, things are as far as we’re foing to take them, and it feels so good.

Also, I think these are some of the best trim joints I’ve made yet, so that feels good too! Nice to have something really well done in my own home instead of the trial and error runs like so often happens.

Charlie

Instagram

@cmeyer25 nice Charlie , bet it feels good to get that off the list ,
    Looks like your little furry friend is inspecting the work

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

And that’s a wrap! I was able to get all the trim in today around the toe kicks, put the last shelf in, and caulk EVERYTHING! It looks so much better, and it’s actually finished!

Well come back to the uppers sometime later this year, hopefully, but for now, things are as far as we’re foing to take them, and it feels so good.

Also, I think these are some of the best trim joints I’ve made yet, so that feels good too! Nice to have something really well done in my own home instead of the trial and error runs like so often happens.

Good hear that stage of the kitchen remodel is done. The trim does look great.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

And that’s a wrap!

Looks nice, I bet the wifey will be happy you’re done with the kitchen.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

And that’s a wrap!

She has been very happy. But still has a few more things on the list before she’ll consider it done, lol. But I already knew that. I’m just glad to push pause for now. And I finally got to the finishing stage we so often forgo on home projects once things get “good enough”.

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

And that’s a wrap!

She has been very happy. But still has a few more things on the list before she’ll consider it done, lol. But I already knew that. I’m just glad to push pause for now. And I finally got to the finishing stage we so often forgo on home projects once things get “good enough”.

When my wife ask me about progress on a home project (and I often give priority to rental properties before my own home) I always tell her I am “90% done” LOL.

When she inquires again a few weeks later why it’s taking so long because it was at 90%, I tell her “because the last 10% takes 90% of the time”.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

And that’s a wrap!

When my wife ask me about progress on a home project (and I often give priority to rental properties before my own home) I always tell her I am “90% done” LOL.

When she inquires again a few weeks later why it’s taking so long because it was at 90%, I tell her “because the last 10% takes 90% of the time”.

We’re just living through this so she’s all to aware of the last 10% taking 90% of the time, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Small update on the kitchen- I won another IG giveaway and this time it was for a barn door with soft close hardware! So my wife and I got to pick out this beautiful door that matches our kitchen accent wall!

I hung the old door on the new rail for a before and after comparison, but there really isn’t any, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Small update on the kitchen- I won another IG giveaway and this time it was for a barn door with soft close hardware! So my wife and I got to pick out this beautiful door that matches our kitchen accent wall!

I hung the old door on the new rail for a before and after comparison, but there really isn’t any, lol!

Congrats on the win, Charlie. The door is a really good match for your accent wall. Can you give some detail on the soft-close hardware? I didn’t know there was soft-close available on barn door hardware.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Congrats on the win, Charlie. The door is a really good match for your accent wall. Can you give some detail on the soft-close hardware? I didn’t know there was soft-close available on barn door hardware.

Congrats Charlie
    I’ll echo what Peter mentioned , I didn’t know that they had soft close hardware for barndoors either.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yeah sure guys – here’s a couple of pictures.

There is a catch that captures the bracket that’s on the door and the catch slows the door in both the opening and closing directions and there are two – one on the open end of the bar and one on the closed end.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There is a catch that captures the bracket that’s on the door and the catch slows the door in both the opening and closing directions and there are two – one on the open end of the bar and one on the closed end.

Nice giveaway. That’s a nice looking barn door.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on the win, nice prize. Looks good in the kitchen.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congrats Charlie on IG win. That is a nice price. It looks like matches really good with your kitchen.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s a pretty slick system. I was never a fan of the hard stops on conventional barn door hardware.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

henry26
    Pro

Actually I’m looking for construction services in calgary.
    Anyone who know the best services?Any suggestions…
    Thanks…

Actually I’m looking for construction services in calgary.

Anyone who know the best services?Any suggestions…

Thanks…

Hi there
    You can always use some of those apps to find reliable sources , I know you can find plenty of people through Instagram
    Even check out the profile

Best thing is if you have any friends that have good recommendations ,

Good luck with that 👍

@henry26 your welcome , good luck with that , hopefully you can come back and keep us updated on the projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.692 seconds