dcsimg

Kitchen Remodel

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I am real close to finishing this project. Kitchen switch out, plus bamboo and tile flooring. If I haven’t mentioned it yet, I have expanded my business to kitchen and bath remodels. Most of the cabinets are manufactured instead of me making custom. Keeps things moving.

The flooring was really nice to install! It’s a floating floor from Cali. The tolerances were unbelievable. Right on the money with every single board. All were about 6′ long. Went in like butter, looks great, and I put it in really quick. Highly recommend it if it ever comes up for a project you are bidding on.

I don’t do hardly any tile, and this was my first big tile setting job for the flooring. 13×13 tiles, Ditra (was supposed to go to the workshop Wed and Thurs but couldn’t make it). Got one hell of an education on tile…like I don’t want to do this for a living. I like it, for sure, but hard as hell on the body. Or at least mine.

Anyway, some before and after shots.

The flooring you see in the before photo…what a bear to yank that crap up. It was 12×12 peel and stick over glued down vinyl. I had to rip it right off down to ply. Found a new toy in doing so, and glad I found it. What a frightening piece of equipment. One false move and you’ll grind yourself to a pulp.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

The flooring you see in the before photo…what a bear to yank that crap up. It was 12×12 peel and stick over glued down vinyl. I had to rip it right off down to ply. Found a new toy in doing so, and glad I found it. What a frightening piece of equipment. One false move and you’ll grind yourself to a pulp.

That thing is gnarly.

I am real close to finishing this project. Kitchen switch out, plus bamboo and tile flooring. If I haven’t mentioned it yet, I have expanded my business to kitchen and bath remodels. Most of the cabinets are manufactured instead of me making custom. Keeps things moving.

The flooring was really nice to install! It’s a floating floor from Cali. The tolerances were unbelievable. Right on the money with every single board. All were about 6′ long. Went in like butter, looks great, and I put it in really quick. Highly recommend it if it ever comes up for a project you are bidding on.

I don’t do hardly any tile, and this was my first big tile setting job for the flooring. 13×13 tiles, Ditra (was supposed to go to the workshop Wed and Thurs but couldn’t make it). Got one hell of an education on tile…like I don’t want to do this for a living. I like it, for sure, but hard as hell on the body. Or at least mine.

Anyway, some before and after shots.

Very nice. Thats a hell of an upgrade. I assume the HO was ecstatic?

They are, but she is a bit nervous that they spent too much of their money to afford it long term. Understandable.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Who makes that? Looks looks like it certainly can do some damage !

Diamabrush, sold right in HD. They are spendy. Like $65 for a 4.5″. You NEED the dust hood. It kicks up some serious nasty stuff. It will peel grout off plywood and concrete like a charm. Hardly hurts the plywood at all, which I was pleasantly surprised. I used it to peel what was left of the vinyl flooring off the plywood underlayment. It was essentially glue and paper. Came up relatively fast. You’ll push a grinder to it’s heat limit lol.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I hear ya on the tile Kent. I like doing it too, but it is so hard on the knees and back.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The kitchen look beautiful. Ordering in the premade boxes is a good way to go.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

White cabinets are in these days lot of people wants white. Looks nice what brand are those cabinets @kentwhitten

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Awesome project! I like that grinding wheel! That can be all sorts of useful.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Love the new open look over that bump at the end . Those make kitchens feel so closed off . Did you use snap cutter or wet saw for the tile .

Always willing to learn .

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Very nice upgrade you made there. Thanks for the rec on that flooring. I agree with Skillman that those overhangs always make the space feel more closed. Since you went without it, did they lose a bit of counter space? It’s a trade I’d take to get that sweet looking kitchen, but I am curious nonetheless.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Kent,
    Nice and clean looking. I really like the white look of the appliances also.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Very nice job on the kitchen. I like the black and white.
    I hear you on the body killing tile jobs. I have quite a bit of tile work coming up soon. I can feel the pain already.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Looks like you lost a minute amount of counter/storage space, but I think it appears worth it for the clean lines of the new kitchen.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A handsome remodel right there. One for the portfolio. Nice job.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Kitchen came out very nice, definitely Nicer floor plan, that’s a mean looking tool, I can see what you mean about one false move

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am real close to finishing this project. Kitchen switch out,

Kent it came out really nice and clean looking. Very nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is one hell of a kitchen now! It still looked good before though. I guess the white kitchen cabinets are trending nowadays. But are they easy to clean and maintain? There were a few kitchen remodelings done by my friends and family in the last year and they all went for the white cabinets. It looks good, but I am just worried about the cleaning part. Anyways,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.470 seconds