dcsimg

Keter Folding Work Table EX,,Uses and Modifications

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I doubt the legs are aluminum, but I haven’t done the magnet test.

So do I, but I didn’t even think of the magnet test. Doh!

The clamps definitely develop rust quickly….

Those I know would. I’ve got some semi-rusty quik clamps from doing just that.

not the tables though. I’ve left my Keters out probably 15 times. They hav3 been rained on and covered in dew a few times and they are still perfect.

So, you don’t see any rust on the legs? Even the parts that would be recessed?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well, I did come across the ones on clearance today that were recently mentioned in this thread at a HD I rarely frequent.

I see you got the HD version. Nice. Congrats

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I do have a question though….how are they insofar as leaving them out in the rain should I chose to do so? Wasn’t sure if the metal legs were aluminum tubing or steel. I’ve already shoved them unpackaged in the back of my shed for use sometime next spring.

Nice grab, @doobie.

I have left mine out in the yard for several weeks this past summer/fall. I would not hesitate to leave it out when using it.

The steel legs have yet to show any rust.

Funny enough I was using my metal chop saw and the bits of metal that were on the table top got all rusty but swept off with a hand brush.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Funny enough I was using my metal chop saw and the bits of metal that were on the table top got all rusty but swept off with a hand brush.

I remember seeing that picture. the stand almost made for it haha.
    The abrasive bits/chips didn’t do anything to the table?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I remember seeing that picture. the stand almost made for it haha.
    The abrasive bits/chips didn’t do anything to the table?

@madman_us
    I know for the next time to use a sheet of metal under the chopsaw.

I do have some melted spots and burn marks in the table.

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

I have left mine out in the yard for several weeks this past summer/fall. I would not hesitate to leave it out when using it.

Perfect. Some time like that is the most I likely would do so myself.

Any rust stains?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Any rust stains?

The only rust stains are where the metal burned into the table top. The legs are not showing any signs of rust. YET.. (knock on wood)

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

Any rust stains?

The only rust stains are where the metal burned into the table top. The legs are not showing any signs of rust. YET.. (knock on wood)

I take it you were doing some welding/metal work and using the table?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The legs are not showing any signs of rust. YET.. (knock on wood)

I’ve had my table for over 3 years and no signs of rust on the legs either.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I was using my 12″ metal chop saw on the table and never cleaned off the table after using it.

Was in my local HD and no sale going on in there on their table.

— Glenn Botting

Kamster
    Pro

I was using my 12″ metal chop saw on the table and never cleaned off the table after using it.

You should ask your HD store to price match the store that Doobie got his at.

Doobie posted the photo of the price tag and you can see the HD item number for the Husky table in his third photo. I would print the 2 photos out and take it into the store to get the price match. The only caveat is that you have to make sure the Keter models are the same

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Doobie posted the photo of the price tag and you can see the HD item number for the Husky table in his third photo. I would print the 2 photos out and take it into the store to get the price match. The only caveat is that you have to make sure the Keter models are the same

@kamster
    Only issue is my local HD will only price match with their competitors that are close by.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@kamster,
    Only issue is my local HD will only price match with their competitors that are close by.

I actually saw one at the home depot near me, i think they are down to the display model though.

Doobie

There is a similar one at my HD but it is still $129. This is the tag for it. They had that one as well at the Whitby store where I got mine, which is another model for the clearance price of $79 (rep price $109).

The diff between the two is the way the units are structured.

Edit: Here’s a copy of my receipt if that helps.

Kamster
    Pro

If you have access to any of the remaining Husky branded tables at your local HD, you may want to stop in and see what the prices are.

The clearance price has dropped to $31.96 Canadian at my HD. Or, if you found one recently, you can try to get HD to refund you the difference in price.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

If you have access to any of the remaining Husky branded tables at your local HD, you may want to stop in and see what the prices are.

The clearance price has dropped to $31.96 Canadian at my HD. Or, if you found one recently, you can try to get HD to refund you the difference in price.

@kamster
    Hey John that is a really good price, I hope they do trickle it down to Ontario from BC at that price.
    Just on the weekend I was in HD with @r-ice and they were still priced at over $100.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

actually the display model was 77 dollars but hey if it was 31 dollars i’d buy 2

Wow, that’s a steel, I definitely would pick them up at that price.

Doobie

actually the display model was 77 dollars but hey if it was 31 dollars i’d buy 2

I just called HD and they have 12 of them in stock at the north Whitby store @R-Ice at $31.96. The SKU nuber is 731161021060.

I’m within 30 days so I’m gonna go in mine later and get a refund on the price difference. They said I could do that.

Edit: Just left HD with my price adjustment refund.

I also found out that the Pickering HD has 5 of them in stock.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just called HD and they have 12 of them in stock at the north Whitby store @r-ice at $31.96. The SKU nuber is 731161021060.

I’m within 30 days so I’m gonna go in mine later and get a refund on the price difference. They said I could do that.

Edit: Just left HD with my price adjustment refund.

I also found out that the Pickering HD has 5 of them in stock.

to

Are you picking any up? I hope there is 2 for me left lol I saw them today at this price

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.981 seconds