dcsimg

Keen work boots review

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 569 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I have worked site utilities for 20 years in peoria il i have wore many boots but 3months ago i purchased for $180 a pair of keens colburg 8″ “waterproof” steel toed boots my feet haven’t been dry in them yet i walked thru 4″of snow got in my truck and the melting snow on my boots has my feet wet comfort is important but it is a huger discomfort to have wet feet in below 0 temps i would not have spent 180 dollars on these boots if it didn’t say “waterproof” in the discription i work on water main breaks and sewer repairs i expect to be able to walk thew snow without getting wet feet

Hey Jacob, welcome to the forum. Have you tried contacting Keen customer service and asking them about this. Seems odd you’d be getting wet in what are described as waterproof boots. Keen is a pretty good company when it comes to satisfying its users in my experience. Maybe there’s an explanation or solution they can offer.

@ctlf

ctlf
    Pro

I tried the website but the help tab would not open

I have worked site utilities for 20 years in peoria il i have wore many boots but 3months ago i purchased for $180 a pair of keens colburg 8″ “waterproof” steel toed boots my feet haven’t been dry in them yet i walked thru 4″of snow got in my truck and the melting snow on my boots has my feet wet comfort is important but it is a huger discomfort to have wet feet in below 0 temps i would not have spent 180 dollars on these boots if it didn’t say “waterproof” in the discription i work on water main breaks and sewer repairs i expect to be able to walk thew snow without getting wet feet

Sorry to hear about that problem,
    I hope if you can give them a call like Kevin @Doobie suggested, they are a reputable company, and I have heard other good customer service problems fixed by some members here,

Hoping you get your boots taken care of
    On a side note,
    Have you looked into the blundstones, very good work boots, might not be high enough, or what you need, but I can definitely say I have had superior wear and tear with them, and recently my wife had her 10 years old pair replaced, great customer service

Good luck, welcome to BTP, and hope to hear back about this issue.

Doobie

I tried the website but the help tab would not open

Here ya go… @ctlf

PHONE
    TEL: 1.866.676.KEEN (5336)
    FRANÇAIS: 1.866.489.4159
    ESPAÑOL: 1.866.985.0401
    WARRANTY: 1.855.553.0674
    PRO DEAL: 1.866.957.9585
    HOURS: Monday – Friday 6am – 5pm (PST)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Hey Jacob, welcome to the forum. Have you tried contacting Keen customer service and asking them about this. Seems odd you’d be getting wet in what are described as waterproof boots. Keen is a pretty good company when it comes to satisfying its users in my experience. Maybe there’s an explanation or solution they can offer.

@ctlf

Agreed. Reach out to Keen and see what they say.

I’m thinking that the 4” of snow is beyond what they are rated for unfortunately. Waterproof doesn’t mean that you can take them into the swimming pool and expect them to stay dry…..there has to be a threshold at which they allow water in!

My Keens are labeled as waterproof also (Braddock mid height). Once water/snow reaches the base of the tongue, you’ll get intrusion (there’s a big ass gap!)

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I disagree, if they say they are waterproof they should stand up to that claim. Anything else is just false advertising. Keen should stand by their claims, it’s no secret that they have quality issues. They’ll keep sending you free replacements but the quality won’t improve.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I disagree, if they say they are waterproof they should stand up to that claim. Anything else is just false advertising. Keen should stand by their claims, it’s no secret that they have quality issues. They’ll keep sending you free replacements but the quality won’t improve.

You’re right @kswiss. I was just speaking hypothetically above. In theory, waterproof means waterproof…but its always possible for water to get in above that point, right? For what its worth, I’ve never had any water related issues with any of my Keens. I have had several other problems ranging from soles separating from the uppers to chunks of the rubber grip on the soles falling off prematurely.

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow that’s a tough one???

KenW
    Pro

You’re right @kswiss. I was just speaking hypothetically above. In theory, waterproof means waterproof…but its always possible for water to get in above that point, right? For what its worth, I’ve never had any water related issues with any of my Keens. I have had several other problems ranging from soles separating from the uppers to chunks of the rubber grip on the soles falling off prematurely.

I actually had my first waterproof pair start to leak after about 17 months of use. When I contacted Keen to purchase another pair (I had size questions) and in the conversation I told the Keen rep about wanting the same boots even though they had started to leak on one boot. Long story short, Keen waterproof membrane has a 2 year warranty and they replaced the boots.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I actually had my first waterproof pair start to leak after about 17 months of use. When I contacted Keen to purchase another pair (I had size questions) and in the conversation I told the Keen rep about wanting the same boots even though they had started to leak on one boot. Long story short, Keen waterproof membrane has a 2 year warranty and they replaced the boots.

That is good know. It never hurts to call the company. No matter what it is. I have had pretty good luck. I have yet to have any problems with my Keens.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Long story short, Keen waterproof membrane has a 2 year warranty and they replaced the boots.

Great customer service. Nice to know they stand behind their boots.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Long story short, Keen waterproof membrane has a 2 year warranty and they replaced the boots.

Sadly, it tends to be a necessity for me. I’ve been through countless pairs myself, and I don’t think I’m overly hard on them. I upgraded to a higher quality boot this time which has had no issues thus far though.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Doobie

I did look up the model that Jacob is having the problem with and they are written as waterproof. They should not be getting wet imo. There’s a big difference between being described as waterproof versus water resistant or repellant.

Nice that you happened to mention that to the rep, and good to hear that they are sending you out another pair,
    Nice to hear that they are standing behind the product.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It is good to know they do. But man it would be frustrating if you always have problems with there boot lasting.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Got my 4th pair of keens the other day. They have worked wonders on my sore feet. I haven’t worried to much about waterproof . Just love the fit and support for my feet. I am almost back to walking without a limp.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am almost back to walking without a limp.

Nice to hear the boots have a side benefit as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Got my 4th pair of keens the other day. They have worked wonders on my sore feet. I haven’t worried to much about waterproof . Just love the fit and support for my feet. I am almost back to walking without a limp.

Good to hear a positive report. My wife has been wearing hers for several months now. No waterproof issues and the fit and comfort have been just great.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

KenW
    Pro

I did look up the model that Jacob is having the problem with and they are written as waterproof. They should not be getting wet imo. There’s a big difference between being described as waterproof versus water resistant or repellant.

I have some of the 8″ insulated boots and wish the membrane went further up the boot then it does. If I’m not careful with the water hose when washing the mud off I get wet ankles. LOL

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have found they help my feet tremendously. So much so that I wear my boots even when not working.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 569 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.121 seconds