dcsimg

Keen work boots review

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 569 total)
  • Author
    kzcarp
    Pro

These John? http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/industrial/tacoma%206in_/black
    Those are some badass looking boots, I’m thinking those or the Pittsburgh boot.
    I don’t know about ordering workboots online though, I’ve only bought Chuck Taylors from zappos before. I usually spend a couple of hours walking around the store before I decide.

kevin

Exactly Kevin! Yeah I totally agree that it would be key to try them on ahead of time… but amazon was selling one of the colors for like 40% off at one point recently (and still might be)…!!! They look like some mean, comfy boots!

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Just saw this review and I am even more excited to pickup my pair of Keen boots.

Jason – did you just buy a pair, or are you hoping to use your points towards some keen boots?

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have not got a pair yet, hoping to get a pair with points.

rujpn2
    Pro

I bought my first pair of Keen boots about 2 years ago. One of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever owned. Found myself putting them on to weary when not even heading to work. These boots were not steel toe. Ive always had issues when wearing still toe boots. Last October I replaced these shoes with a different Keen boot. My original pair were the supper high tops which are great for support if walking on rough terrain. The second pair that I bought had the mid height boot. I bought them and had them for about 3 months when I was getting ready to do a job that required steel toe shoes. Went to my work boot dealer and inquired about getting some steel toes similar to what I had on. Lady looked at my boots and asked why wouldn’t those work, they were steel toe. When the second pair wore out, I replaced those with another pair of Keens with steel toes. Most comfortable shoes I’ve owned for work and I’m still amazed that the steel toes do not bother me like every other pair of steel toe shoes that I have ever owned have.

Great review Gregory…. Do you happen to have pics to show us how they have held up?

John S

woodman_412

Who cashed in their points for the first pair of boots off the prize list?

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

One of the biggest issues I have with work boots is their weight . If they are fairly light weight then I will get a pair . Most work boots I have had in the past were pretty heavy and I find my legs get tired pretty quick.

The thought that comes to my mind John is when I have to wear my heavy snow boots to walk in the winter time – and after 1.5 mile walk to class in a foot of snow, I am totally, 100% drained and sweaty haha.

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im working up to it. i need another 25000 points to get a pair

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like the fact they are water proof .That makes a huge difference when you are working outside all winter .

Just stumbled across this today. Thought you guys might like to check it out for a comparison…

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/safety-workwear/timberland-pro-logger-boot/7008

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

This is not much of a review but last weekend I went to Duluth Trading Company and tried on the Keen Pittsburgh. The boot fit very well and had solid arch support. As for the construction of the boot, I would say it was rigid yet had enough flexibility to be comfortable. I don’t think there is any question that my next pair of work boots will be a pair of Keens.

Are the Pittsburgh ankle height or…?

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

They are a mid height boot that comes over the ankle.

Anyone get a pair with points yet? Thoughts? I have a couple of pair of Keen shoes and they are very comfortable…would love to hear how the Keen boots are in comfort and durability.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I am really intrigued by the idea of the KEEN Utility Men’s Tacoma 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot – anybody ever have a pair of these?

Dude I wear the Tacoma with a steel toe and it is very comfy, I like it a lot! I will try the Pittsburgh next time because WWK review was so good!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I also am with RedWood and WWK with very bad feet and super wide too, buying shoes is always a challenge!

Scot – everything I have read and heard here and elsewhere has been nothing but super positive towards Keen boots

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 569 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.865 seconds