dcsimg

Just Closed on My Dream Home Fixer Upper Beach House!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Any updates on your new home project @Sir_Mixalot . Or are you spending it on the beach since your so close to it .

Always willing to learn .

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Hi Guy’s! I’m getting ready to paint my formica cabinets at my beach house fixer upper! Of course I’d rather have new cabinets…Eventually I’ll need new cabinets. But this will buy me time. I’ll need to save more money after the purchase of this dream home and all of the renovations and upgrades that I’ve already done or doing… Back to the diy kitchen cabinet painting. 🙂

First, I’ll be numbering all of the cabinet doors and then I’ll be removing all of the cabinet hinges and hardware. Next I’ll be priming the insides of all of cabinets with a latex stain blocking primer called Zinsser 123. The insides are a type of particle board that has been painted a dark brown and bleeds through the paint if not primed with a stain blocking primer. I’ll be using a 6″ whizzy roller to get inside of the cabinets. I’ll also show you the product that I’ll be using to paint the faces and doors of the cabinets. It’s a product that’s called INSL-X Cabinet Coat that is a primer and paint in one that sticks to formica and other slick surfaces. This latex cabinet paint can also be tinted any color you want at your local paint store. Thanks for watching! -Paul

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Any updates on your new home project @sir_mixalot . Or are you spending it on the beach since your so close to it .

Still hard at it!! 😉 LOL…

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@sir_mixalot nice it’s coming alone looks really nice. Nice color on the cabinets.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

@sir_mixalot nice it’s coming alone looks really nice. Nice color on the cabinets.

Appreciate it @Masterbosch! 😀

@Sir_Mixalot wow that 123 primer really does a good job.
    Coming along nicely.
    Thanks for the update.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for posting the video on your cabinet refinish. Looks to be coming along nicely.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Thanks everyone!

I removed some old 1984 can lights and replaced them with the new LED retrofit can light kit that I bought at Home Depot. It’s very simple to do. You can remove the old can lights and also install the new LED can light in less than five minutes!! In this video I’ll also show you how to pick the right (CCT) for your new led light. CCT’s is short for Correlated Color Temperature. The (CCT) measures the color temperature color that the LED light bulb gives off. Also, be sure to subscribe to my channel to keep up with all my latest videos.

Thanks for watching! -Paul

@Sir_Mixalot great job on the pot lights,
    Thanks for the great information, I think I prefer the daylight looking ones as well.
    The ceiling looks great

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

@sir_mixalot great job on the pot lights,
    Thanks for the great information, I think I prefer the daylight looking ones as well.
    The ceiling looks great

Thank you so much Brian! Those led can lights made the ceiling look even better. I really appreciate you following along on my Beach House Remodeling Project!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Very nice progress on your dream beach house. Really enjoy watching the videos

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sir Mixalot, great video, Thank you for sharing. The beach house is really coming along.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Looks like it’s coming along nicely.

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Very nice progress on your dream beach house. Really enjoy watching the videos

Thank you @madman_us! Glad you’re enjoying my videos and following along. -Paul

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Sir Mixalot, great video, Thank you for sharing. The beach house is really coming along.

Thank you so much @theamcguy! It’s getting close and I’m so ready to move in… Take care, -Paul

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Looks like it’s coming along nicely.

Appreciate it @hojo04! -Paul

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks everyone!

I removed some old 1984 can lights and replaced them with the new LED retrofit can light kit that I bought at Home Depot. It’s very simple to do. You can remove the old can lights and also install the new LED can light in less than five minutes!! In this video I’ll also show you how to pick the right (CCT) for your new led light. CCT’s is short for Correlated Color Temperature. The (CCT) measures the color temperature color that the LED light bulb gives off. Also, be sure to subscribe to my channel to keep up with all my latest videos.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/phrBUdBFHBk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

What could be easier! Nice update with little or no fuss. Thanks for the details on colour selection.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Great job on the LED upgrades.
    I have thought about updating the pots in my basement with this style of LED but up here in Canada, I can’t find them for less than $40 each.

I ended up replacing the flood lights with regular LED bulbs that were rated 5000K.
    Certainly makes a big difference.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Thanks everyone!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/phrBUdBFHBk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

What could be easier! Nice update with little or no fuss. Thanks for the details on colour selection.

Yeah @smallerstick, such a big payoff for an easy upgrade for sure! Always’ nice when you can learn from others mistakes. Lol… The 5,000k(CCT) is definitely the way to go. Take care, -Paul

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Great job on the LED upgrades.
    I have thought about updating the pots in my basement with this style of LED but up here in Canada, I can’t find them for less than $40 each.

I ended up replacing the flood lights with regular LED bulbs that were rated 5000K.
    Certainly makes a big difference.

Appreciate it @58Chev!:-D I actually bought a case of 12 for just over $200. Here’s a link to where I got my led retrofit can lights. http://www.homedepot.com/p/EnviroLite-Standard-Retrofit-5-in-6-in-White-Recessed-Housing-LED-Trim-Day-Ceiling-Light-with-93-CRI-5000K-12-Pack-EVL6730MWH50-12/206038078

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.329 seconds