dcsimg

Just Closed on My Dream Home Fixer Upper Beach House!

This topic contains 61 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Hey guy’s, I’ve been really busy working and also getting all of my ducks in a row to make a home purchase for the last two years.
    I’m Super Stoked! Because I just got a new to me DIY special beach home last week. Just 5 Houses From The Ocean!!! I am truly blessed. I’ve got a lot of work to do to make this home all it can be. I’d like to be get feedback from all of you to help make some important decisions along the way. So come with me as I remodel the entire interior and exterior of my dream home.

From the dark and dreary cedar tongue and groove to the Miami Dolphin green cabinets and the 1980’s tile a stick down faux wood flooring it all will have to either go or get a cosmetic makeover. So join me in this adventure as I create my perfect beach house on the East Coast of Central Florida.

I’ll be doing interior oil base priming and interior painting. Replacing the can lights with new led retrofit can lights, install light fixtures, new electrical switches and receptacles. Install framing and drywall, drywall finish to level 4 and texture a custom entertainment centers.. Skim coating over a botched knockdown texture in the master bathroom and vanity area. I’ll also be applying an orange peel texture and skip trowel texture on a couple tape joint repairs. Then I’ll be chipping out all of the old tile and installing new tile (I’ll probably hire a pro for all of the flooring…).

On the Exterior I’ll painting the Stucco walls, cedar siding, vinyl soffits, metal garage door, accordion hurricane shutters, repairing a few stucco cracks, painting a concrete driveway, resealing my Chattahoochee pool deck/patio and so much more… Thanks for watching and your feedback, -Paul

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Looking forward to seeing the transformation! Congrats on the house!

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Congrats on the beach house.

Just paint the ceiling. I can tell you don’t like it so who cares what anybody else thinks.

Kevin.

Clev08
    Pro

Congrats! I can’t wait till I can buy a fixer upper. Looks like you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you, stay motivated and enjoy the transformation.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey guy’s, I’ve been really busy working and also getting all of my ducks in a row to make a home purchase for the last two years.

Congrats on the new beach house. Looks like you have plans to fix er up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@sir_mixalot Congratulations, beautiful house, it’s nice and big inside, love the yard,
    I like the look of the house from the outside also,

Looking forward to seeing all your work, to bad you don’t know anyone in the plaster field lol

What about doing a white wash on the wood ceiling, instead of ripping it all out, unless it’s damaged, will make it nice and bright.

Congrats again, looking forward to seeing your work.

Ps I will let you know what color to paint or guest room for when we come visit lol

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

congratulations on the amazing find. I am in a similar position. selling my place to look for the dream fixer upper.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Congrats on the house! Love the floor plan and the size of the rooms and so close to the ocean. I think that means you get a well deserved “you suck”. lol

Whatever Brian chooses for the guest room will be fine by me.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Welcome back Paul.

Congrats on your new Fixer upper. Looking forward to following along in your journey to bring this home up to your standards.
    I’m sure I’ll be seeing pic’s up on IG also.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Congratz on the house. Nice looking place.

congrats paul on your fixer upper – looking forward to more content of the “build”

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Right on Mixalot, super stoked for you. Is that at Coco beach?? The good news is that’s after asbestos. Is that large brown wood ceiling a stain or paint? All in all the place is in good shape. Has it been inspected for termites? I can’t wait to see your work on it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Looking forward to seeing the transformation! Congrats on the house!

That’s awesome Brian! Thank you!

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Congrats on the beach house.

Just paint the ceiling. I can tell you don’t like it so who cares what anybody else thinks.

Thank you Kevin! Yeah really don’t like it. I do like the wood ceiling. The only reason I don’t like the ceiling is that it’s just too darn dark…

@sir_mixalot congrats on your purchase. What matters in life is achieving your goals and you manage to do it good for you. Can’t wait to see what you gonna do to your dream home

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Congrats on the beach house Paul. It should keep you busy for a while. Have to agree about painting wood but the ceiling is really dark

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Nice house. I think I would leave the ceiling as is. The reason I say that is the boards may expand and contract and then you would see dark cracks in it. Maybe some more skylights?
    Anxious to see the progress.

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Welp here’s what I did…

That’s quite a transformation, Paul. I think it really looks good, it opens the room up, gives you so much more light.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Welp here’s what I did…

That’s quite a transformation, Paul. I think it really looks good, it opens the room up, gives you so much more light.

Yes, I second that Peter,
    Looks great so far Paul.
    nicely done with the video to.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.143 seconds