dcsimg

Juke Bosch v5

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 405 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Anybody subcribe to SiriusXM radio?

We bought a used GM vehicle from a dealership last fall, and as is customary, we got SiriusXM Canada Radio free for the first few months. While still in our freebie period, we got an offer direct from SiriusXM to extend it beyond its freebie period for an extra 6 months for a flat rate of thirty something dollars.

I went for it, but I was thinking in my head I would cancel it after the discount period instead of going to its regular rate which with taxes and another weird surcharge I don’t understand works out of pocket to roughly $20 a month.

Well, this has all changed. A couple of months ago, they started making it that you now stream their music on your PC or any device. Been listening to it a lot since then. Especially working outside.

Different from using it in the car is you can go back in some cases hours into a daily program session. It allows you to skip ahead when you do that, but it does limit you to around a half dozen skips and if you get at that point, you either have to listen on to that same station you are on, or simply go to where it is live. Alternately, you can just simply change to another station and start that whole process over again.

I really like the commercial free radio of course, but even better is their DJs and the songs they pick. Many are truly obscure versions I’ve never heard and I have around 25K songs of my stuff burned onto my PC via CDs I own over the years or managed to borrow from the local library or from friends.

The DJs talk every so many songs for sometimes just seconds, but at other times a few minutes explaining the history of the artists or the songs themselves. They’re quite good on my four favorite channels Classic Vinyl, Classic Rock, Deep Tracks and Bluesville. They also talk about what is coming up with the artists, and often have little mini interviews with them.

I’m now gonna stick with my subscription beyond my discount period that expires sometime in August. Even my stingy money pinching wife approves of keeping it and she has her own favorites she’s become a devotee of. We listened to it in the car, but using it beyond that now since they expanded its availabilty to use anywhere, has really become a deal maker to keep it now.

Here where I live just 5 mins outside the border of Toronto, we have the “Mighty” Q107, which they have morphed ober the years from being a classic rock station and at times even wander precariously into rap crap, never mind playing ear bleed music like Hall and Oats…..ugh, disgusting drivel! How many times a week they play ‘The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car” makes me want to drive my car off a cliff at times.

Another station in Oshawa that is a hodge podge of rock and old pop songs is hit and miss. It is very mainstream and plays short versions of classic rock songs if you know what I mean, never mind nothing of non-standard versions of songs that interest me so much more. Sometimes I can get a few rock stations from Rochester NY, but they often suffer in reception.

What are your favorite stations if you subscribe to Sirius XM?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My wife uses Sirius in her car, at work with one of the Sirius radios and on her phone. She really likes it.
    Me I’m not paying to hear the radio. lol Guess I’m cheap. lmao

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

My wife uses Sirius in her car, at work with one of the Sirius radios and on her phone. She really likes it.

Me I’m not paying to hear the radio. lol Guess I’m cheap. lmao

You should be able to use her service via your phone or PC, even if she is using it in the car at the same time.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We bought a used GM vehicle from a dealership last fall, and as is customary, we got SiriusXM Canada Radio free for the first few months. While still in our freebie period, we got an offer direct from SiriusXM to extend it beyond its freebie period for an extra 6 months for a flat rate of thirty something dollars.

I went for it, but I was thinking in my head I would cancel it after the discount period instead of going to its regular rate which with taxes and another weird surcharge I don’t understand works out of pocket to roughly $20 a month.

Well, this has all changed. A couple of months ago, they started making it that you now stream their music on your PC or any device. Been listening to it a lot since then. Especially working outside.

Different from using it in the car is you can go back in some cases hours into a daily program session. It allows you to skip ahead when you do that, but it does limit you to around a half dozen skips and if you get at that point, you either have to listen on to that same station you are on, or simply go to where it is live. Alternately, you can just simply change to another station and start that whole process over again.

I really like the commercial free radio of course, but even better is their DJs and the songs they pick. Many are truly obscure versions I’ve never heard and I have around 25K songs of my stuff burned onto my PC via CDs I own over the years or managed to borrow from the local library or from friends.

The DJs talk every so many songs for sometimes just seconds, but at other times a few minutes explaining the history of the artists or the songs themselves. They’re quite good on my four favorite channels Classic Vinyl, Classic Rock, Deep Tracks and Bluesville. They also talk about what is coming up with the artists, and often have little mini interviews with them.

I’m now gonna stick with my subscription beyond my discount period that expires sometime in August. Even my stingy money pinching wife approves of keeping it and she has her own favorites she’s become a devotee of. We listened to it in the car, but using it beyond that now since they expanded its availabilty to use anywhere, has really become a deal maker to keep it now.

Here where I live just 5 mins outside the border of Toronto, we have the “Mighty” Q107, which they have morphed ober the years from being a classic rock station and at times even wander precariously into rap crap, never mind playing ear bleed music like Hall and Oats…..ugh, disgusting drivel! How many times a week they play ‘The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car” makes me want to drive my car off a cliff at times.

Another station in Oshawa that is a hodge podge of rock and old pop songs is hit and miss. It is very mainstream and plays short versions of classic rock songs if you know what I mean, never mind nothing of non-standard versions of songs that interest me so much more. Sometimes I can get a few rock stations from Rochester NY, but they often suffer in reception.

What are your favorite stations if you subscribe to Sirius XM?

Years ago I got SiriusXM radio and boombox for a gift. I really like it. I had mounted in my truck and then pop the vehicle kit unit in the boombox and we use outside or at our trailer. Where there was 1 or 2 radio stations. I then bought another vehicle kit for wifey’s car. After while we felt it was starting to get alittle pricey paying for 2 radios and when back to one radio. Then when we bought the new truck that came with free Satellite radio for 1 year. I think I keep for a another and then cancelled it. I like it having it. I just didn’t listen to it enough to keep paying for it. I think I listen to 2 or 3 stations. I can’t remember what they were called. There is somedays I wish we still had it.
    Now days I listen to Amazon Music.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Greg

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Recently discovered this guy…a lot of his stuff is more on the rap side (which I’m not really a fan of) but he has several songs like this that he just knocks out of the park…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Recently discovered this guy…a lot of his stuff is more on the rap side (which I’m not really a fan of) but he has several songs like this that he just knocks out of the park…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Jelly Roll – Save Me (New Unreleased Video)” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/FxFNprPOdss?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid2″></iframe>

</figure>

I have never heard of this guy. I didn’t mine this song.

Greg

Doobie

I have that too. Not the basic version of roughly 2 million selections, but the subscription one that has 50M songs. Still, it suffers from having what a good DJ can do otherwise like Sirius offers. 2 cents!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

We lost another great one. RIP Charlie Daniels.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have that too. Not the basic version of roughly 2 million selections, but the subscription one that has 50M songs. Still, it suffers from having what a good DJ can do otherwise like Sirius offers. 2 cents!

I like Amazon Music. You are right it doesn’t offer the same as what a good DJ can offer.
    I am ok with that really! I have got away from listening to local radio. Sometimes I listen local radio station on drive home from work in the morning. I don’t mind the early morning shows.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    Doobie

I like Amazon Music. You are right it doesn’t offer the same as what a good DJ can offer.

I am ok with that really! I have got away from listening to local radio. Sometimes I listen local radio station on drive home from work in the morning. I don’t mind the early morning shows.

I haven’t hardly been listening to FM radio in many years now. Too many commercials and annoying DJ babble. They repeat the same songs too much at times because of CRTC rules related to Canadian content requirements. The morning drive group on Q107 can be funny, but I hardly ever catch it as I work from home and rarely find myself looking to listen to anything before 9AM.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    Clev08
    Pro
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.598 seconds