dcsimg

Journeyman's New Projects …

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 203 total)
  • Author

Just checked in on the last posts and pictures.
    Its coming along nicely JourneyMan. how long will it take to finish it up?

The client has been given the end of Sep as a move in date … that should be achieved fairly easy for our part. However the client seems to be doing several jobs themselves, ie the kitchen/bathroom supply and install, those things are out of our control. Already the builder and client’s other trades have clashed on a few things namely the clients plumbers wanted a different arrangement for the drainage pipes in the basement … even after the plumber inspection was done and passed.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nice looking site @JourneyMan! Guys are all wearing hard hats etc. Very professional. Great to see pics like that!

A Working Pro since 2004

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just checked in on the last posts and pictures.
    Its coming along nicely JourneyMan. how long will it take to finish it up?

The client has been given the end of Sep as a move in date … that should be achieved fairly easy for our part. However the client seems to be doing several jobs themselves, ie the kitchen/bathroom supply and install, those things are out of our control. Already the builder and client’s other trades have clashed on a few things namely the clients plumbers wanted a different arrangement for the drainage pipes in the basement … even after the plumber inspection was done and passed.

Sounds like the client is headed for delays and cost overruns. Why can’t everyone just play nice?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The client has been given the end of Sep as a move in date … that should be achieved fairly easy for our part.

Nice at least on your end you can meet the schedule.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Progress is being made despite my inactivity here, work done as will will see in some of the photos posted, sides and rear sidings done (front to follow after stone is built) Shingle type siding done to partial gable end. Concrete pad is down in basement at last and pad is formed at front door. Staircase is re-installed with landing and bottom steps. Portions built in basement at stair with drywall mud to follow. Marriage walls dry walled and mudded on main floor, all basement windows installed (3) Insulation wrap installed to basement walls.

Before pad is poured …

Concrete pad done so we can install 6 x 6 posts to form small porch

Posts get a vinyl wrap

Rear siding complete

Both ends of the house sided also, soffit completed as well.

Shingle type siding finished here (I’m not a fan of this colour though)

More photo’s to follow

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Progress is being made

Really coming along nice Mervyn. When you will start on the indoor trim?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Progress is being made

Really coming along nice Mervyn. When you will start on the indoor trim?

for the most part ive done all door installs and door trim’s … baseboard still to go down in bedrooms. We’ve had extras on this job … they had a leak through the unfinished roof so we had to re install two bedroom ceilings complete with mudding and paint, thats all done and ready for their ceiling treatment.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That’s getting to be a cute little place. A cottage type charm that I am partial too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

That’s getting to be a cute little place. A cottage type charm that I am partial too.

Well save up your reward points … you will need a few for one of these … this one is in Blyth.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well save up your reward points … you will need a few for one of these … this one is in Blyth.

How wide are the house halves they truck down the road? Do they need a permit for the moving and the likes?

How wide are the house halves they truck down the road? Do they need a permit for the moving and the likes?

It depends on the house … the previous two we set were approx 13 ft wide and 42 ft long … and again depending on the size. However I would assume the company would have the annual permit as shown here …

Annual permits are used for repeat trips with oversize/overweight vehicle and/or loads to maximum weights and dimensions as follows (subject to vehicle configuration):
    Weight : 63,500 kg
    Width : 3.85 metres on multi-lane highways, 3.7 metres on 2-lane highways
    Length : 25 metres
    Height : 4.26 metres

Anything over that they would have to apply on a trip by trip/load by load basis.

The height restrictions they deal with in an interesting way, they deliver some houses with the roof on hinges (mid way up) hopefully I can show you that on our next house set which we have been awarded already.

We had a visited to this present job from the installation project manager (had no idea his was coming) he did a walk through the house and said very little to us. however we got a call from our manager next morning to say that they had had a meeting that morning and the project manager was “very” pleaded with the progress and the quality of our work.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wonder if the have 3 section houses so they can get more width. That is the only thing with a manufactured home is the width.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It depends on the house … the previous two we set were approx 13 ft wide and 42 ft long … and again depending on the size. However I would assume the company would have the annual permit as shown here …

Annual permits are used for repeat trips with oversize/overweight vehicle and/or loads to maximum weights and dimensions as follows (subject to vehicle configuration):

Anything over that they would have to apply on a trip by trip/load by load basis.

The height restrictions they deal with in an interesting way, they deliver some houses with the roof on hinges (mid way up) hopefully I can show you that on our next house set which we have been awarded already.

We had a visited to this present job from the installation project manager (had no idea his was coming) he did a walk through the house and said very little to us. however we got a call from our manager next morning to say that they had had a meeting that morning and the project manager was “very” pleaded with the progress and the quality of our work.

The process has been streamlined quite a bit obviously. I moved a house, well, contracted to have a house moved, in 1972 IIRC. The house was 24 x 28, 2 storey log construction. Permits were required from Ontario Hydro, telephone and the railroad because there was a level crossing on the route. I paid for moving any service wires that were more than 19’clearance. Less than that were no charge. Move was at a walking pace throughout. Total bill was a little more than $3000 all in including setting on the new foundation. Trip was about 8 miles.

Wonder if the have 3 section houses so they can get more width. That is the only thing with a manufactured home is the width.

They have built a 7 section house once to my knowledge although I was not involved in that project, plus they built on a 3 car garage to that. Here is the kicker … that was a cottage only to be used twice a year from what I heard.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They have built a 7 section house

Wow that must of been some project. Definitely did not look like a manufactured home when finished.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The process has been streamlined quite a bit obviously. I moved a house, well, contracted to have a house moved, in 1972 IIRC. The house was 24 x 28, 2 storey log construction. Permits were required from Ontario Hydro, telephone and the railroad because there was a level crossing on the route. I paid for moving any service wires that were more than 19’clearance. Less than that were no charge. Move was at a walking pace throughout. Total bill was a little more than $3000 all in including setting on the new foundation. Trip was about 8 miles.

That’s a cool old truck! Nice to see them survive and continue working.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Been working on the new project, set the house on Friday …

[/url]

Cradle and crane at the ready …

[/url]

Showing one of the 3 knock out they make for the lifting straps …

Back of the house in place, lift started on the front …

Showing the marriage walls at the doors (two) where the house halves met …

Showing the marriage wall at the archway between living room and kitchen/dining … note I still have to trim the drywall as they leave this long as it’s meant to prevent transport cracking. The steel plates shown as applied to attach the halves together.

I have a basement set of stairs to form (in concrete) which is a customer special request.

More photos of the to follow as it proceeds.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, Merv. Every set of pics shows a different feature of the construction, move and final trimming on site. Looking forward to following this one, too.

Thanks, Merv. Every set of pics shows a different feature of the construction, move and final trimming on site. Looking forward to following this one, too.

Yeah … this one will be a little different as the client will be doing many of the tasks normally done by the main contractor. The completion date is left open I.E. the H VAC/furnace/water heater to name a few are in their court. Work taken from us lists as no floor treatments .. all trim work and a few other things internally.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Been working on the new project, set the house on Friday …

Nice progress, was that done in one day?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.487 seconds