dcsimg

jobsite interior trim cut station setups

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

right now hard to say,, i havent used the flexvolt mitre saw or table saw.. nor the m18 fuel mitre saw other than playing with em in store without a battery plugged into em.

from what i understood last fall talking to milwaukee, they were planning on a 10″ tablesaw that has 4 9 amp batteries in it

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rom what i understood last fall talking to milwaukee, they were planning on a 10″ tablesaw that has 4 9 amp batteries in it

Nice a cordless table saw. Is there one on the market now? I forget.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rom what i understood last fall talking to milwaukee, they were planning on a 10″ tablesaw that has 4 9 amp batteries in it

Nice a cordless table saw. Is there one on the market now? I forget.

Dewalt has a flexvolt one

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

just the dewalt… the milwaukee is just rummored at this time

right now hard to say,, i havent used the flexvolt mitre saw or table saw.. nor the m18 fuel mitre saw other than playing with em in store without a battery plugged into em.

from what i understood last fall talking to milwaukee, they were planning on a 10″ tablesaw that has 4 9 amp batteries in it

OMG four 9.0 battery’s that’s insane . I only have three at the moment . Going to be hard for people to buy into that with needing so many battery’s . Plus the charging and back up battery’s needed .

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

keep in mind this is purely rumors right now.. what they can to work and what comes out might be something entirely different

as for 8 1/4″ ts and a 10 “, most times all thats needed is 1 1/2″ cut capacity but theres times when i have to have the blade maxed out either for resawing or for created custom transition strips so i need 3” cut capacity

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

four 9.0 battery’s that’s insane

That is a hefty investment on top of the saw itself. You’re looking at $600 minimum to get into it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

when they guy said that, i think they were marketing it towards bigger commercial outfits that do big scale jobs and are running generators heavily… the intent to get rid of gennys

when they guy said that, i think they were marketing it towards bigger commercial outfits that do big scale jobs and are running generators heavily… the intent to get rid of gennys

Or guys working remote – and again, instead of working Gennys

four 9.0 battery’s that’s insane

That is a hefty investment on top of the saw itself. You’re looking at $600 minimum to get into it.

The lowest I’ve seen the m18 9.0 battery’s was like $179 a piece .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Two of the batteries, the charger and the $350-$400 saw it will add up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yup, its not just convenience at that price – you have to really benefit somehow to justify that

CB
    Spectator

When it comes to high amp construction tools (anything above 10 amps at 120v, which roughly translates to 67 amps at 18v) I start to think about battery cycle life. Since there is a limited number of charge/discharge cycles at full depth of discharge that a battery can endure before the end of it’s useful service life (let’s say, 400 cycles), I have to ask… is doing this high amp work cordlessly worth losing 2 or 3 cycle lives from my expensive batteries?

Compared to using the unlimited free electricity available to me on many jobs, no, it isn’t. I’ll save my battery cycle life and go corded on big power tools thank you. As long as it is permitted, and I have asked and received authorization.

I’ve been on one HOA site where the HOA required the GC to supply their own power, and not use power from any of the homes in the development. The GC would daily haul out the gensets, and turn them on, and the carpenters would roll out extension cords, but they still plugged into outside outlets around the homes, and the homeowners were either none the wiser, or thought it was ok and didn’t realize that the contract with the GC forbade it. I don’t do that.

Last night, I worked on an emergency repair until 3 am on a place without power using lithium battery operated tools, including flashlights. Such a blessing modern battery technology has evolved to. But if given available shore power electricity, I’ll still take it over the batteries for the high amp tools. I want those good batteries to last as long as possible.

I think with todays companys you need either jump on different brands which cost money or stay on one and save money .

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

When it comes to high amp construction tools (anything above 10 amps at 120v, which roughly translates to 67 amps at 18v) I start to think about battery cycle life. Since there is a limited number of charge/discharge cycles at full depth of discharge that a battery can endure before the end of it’s useful service life (let’s say, 400 cycles), I have to ask… is doing this high amp work cordlessly worth losing 2 or 3 cycle lives from my expensive batteries?

Compared to using the unlimited free electricity available to me on many jobs, no, it isn’t. I’ll save my battery cycle life and go corded on big power tools thank you. As long as it is permitted, and I have asked and received authorization.

I’ve been on one HOA site where the HOA required the GC to supply their own power, and not use power from any of the homes in the development. The GC would daily haul out the gensets, and turn them on, and the carpenters would roll out extension cords, but they still plugged into outside outlets around the homes, and the homeowners were either none the wiser, or thought it was ok and didn’t realize that the contract with the GC forbade it. I don’t do that.

Last night, I worked on an emergency repair until 3 am on a place without power using lithium battery operated tools, including flashlights. Such a blessing modern battery technology has evolved to. But if given available shore power electricity, I’ll still take it over the batteries for the high amp tools. I want those good batteries to last as long as possible.

Your stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. I could buy a battery a month with the fuel savings if I didn’t use a genny.

Average work day of 8 hours during a 5 day work week and my Honda 5000 needs to be filled every 2nd day. $12 to fill up. So $30 a week with a rounded off 4 weeks to a month is $120. Not to mention hours on the genny and oil changes. Much more cost effective to pull out my battery operated tools as much as I can.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very true… for running cordless gear you really gotta stick to one brand to minimize the amount of different chargers and batteries you have. and just stick to the one platform so your batteries can be used in every cordless tool… for corded tools its open season just buy what ever

very true… for running cordless gear you really gotta stick to one brand to minimize the amount of different chargers and batteries you have. and just stick to the one platform so your batteries can be used in every cordless tool… for corded tools its open season just buy what ever

For sure. That’s where tool companies really get to sell you on their “system” rather than trying to have the best tool of each category

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

With the batteries getting super long run time this is becoming less of a hassle though. I can have 1 battery on the tool and maybe a back up if I am using that tool very heavily that day and I will be fine all day. Most of the time I throw on all my batteries in one bag at the end of the day and charge them at home

@jkirk I know you have the older Milwaukee miter saw stand . Have you seen the new work station from Milwaukee saws and that bench locking surface top the locks into the rails .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

I’ve only seen online photos and rob robillards video review he just posted on the toolbox buzz youtube channel. He says it’s a huge improvement from the old one

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.250 seconds