dcsimg

jobsite interior trim cut station setups

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

for table saws i use 3 different dewalt models regularly,, the fence is a good design however when it does go out of alignment ive found it to be a total p.i.t.a to realign. as for their mitre saw stands.. i cant stand the things.. i find the material support brackets are poorly designed atleast on the older models they dont stay up in place

my personal table saw is the older ts4000 with the old folding stand. its been great for 11 years now only thing replaced was the bearings 3 years ago. for mitre saws im curretnly running the milwaukee 12 ” with its stand.. the saw is awesome but the stand is mediocre, and very heavy for a compact design.. my other saw is the bosch cm8s and their folding style stand. the saw is very light weigth and tons of power considering its a 13 amp motor. the stand is actally bigger and has more capacity than the milwaukee and is lighter weight as its made from aluminum compared to steel

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

In the process of building some wings for the Kapex and also in the process of building a Paulk Workbench that will take the place of the two saw horses.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Great little right up. I want to get a custom station set up for me. Using a modified paulk workbench and cordless everything. Just waiting on Dewalt to make a cordless 10in table saw.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

In the process of building some wings for the Kapex and also in the process of building a Paulk Workbench that will take the place of the two saw horses.

Is the dust deputy set up on the CT26?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@austin id say a cordless 10 ” table saw might be 2 or 3 years away.. dewalt is going to need to see the 8 1/4″ flexvolt model perform pretty steadily with very little warrenty issues other than user abuse before they go to a bigger blade.. Milwaukee is looking to enter the table saw market in the next couple years mainly with their fuel lineup

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still not a bad setup you have there. Looks great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@austin id say a cordless 10 ” table saw might be 2 or 3 years away.. dewalt is going to need to see the 8 1/4″ flexvolt model perform pretty steadily with very little warrenty issues other than user abuse before they go to a bigger blade.. Milwaukee is looking to enter the table saw market in the next couple years mainly with their fuel lineup

I bet we will see it sooner than that. The new 9.0 batteries just came out so now they really have a good power source for it. It would have to be 120v like their miter saw. Don’t think I would be interested in the fuel. Imo for benchtop tools you need more voltage

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ve been watching Ron Paulk videos the last while, would love to build his workstation someday. Anyone here have one?

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Is the dust deputy set up on the CT26?

No that is my Makita track saw and it is CT36 AC. Great unit for the track saw. I am amazed how much dust the track saw captures.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@austin.. from what im told from the local milwaukee guy is that they are gearing it to run off a much higher amperage battery or multiple 9 amp batteries at this point.. it sounded like they want to make sure there are no issues with it before they release and they want to esnure long run times and plenty of power.. .time frame was something like late 2018 i think dont quote me on this

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I was talking about seeing a Dewalt one sooner than later.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just waiting on Dewalt to make a cordless 10in table saw.

Why 10″ ?? 8½” is good for me.

You never need the greater depth of cut, or resaw a 6-inch board?

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I was talking about seeing a Dewalt one sooner than later.

I would agree that Dewalt will probably come first

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

For me 8 1/2 would be plenty for a jobsite table saw. I really doubt the 10″ would have enough power to to rip much 6″ material. Not really what the saw is meant for.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Because I regularly use a 10 inch now and sometimes need the full depth for the stuff we do. Same reason I need a 12“ miter box and not a 10″. I am glad the smaller one works for you.

The wings for our miter saw was the best thing I ever did. Proper support if the material before and after the cut is very important. Plus having a large surface to cope on makes that process easier too.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For me 8 1/2 would be plenty for a jobsite table saw. I really doubt the 10″ would have enough power to to rip much 6″ material. Not really what the saw is meant for.

Thank You Ron,, yes to trim out a house I don’t need 10″ blade.

The wings for our miter saw was the best thing I ever did. Proper support if the material before and after the cut is very important. Plus having a large surface to cope on makes that process easier too.

Very nicly set up!! I like the keter table has the fessy looking green on it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

a buddy of mine has a dewalt mitre saw and stand.. he was doing hardwood stair installs for a while and he found the support brackets were useless for supporting treads.. they wouldnt sit flat so he removed the brackets and made his own with plywood that attached the arms.. he found a huge difference

Love the setup . Is that the keter workstation . Haveing two shelves must be nice to have spots for guns , fasteners , glue

@austin.. from what im told from the local milwaukee guy is that they are gearing it to run off a much higher amperage battery or multiple 9 amp batteries at this point.. it sounded like they want to make sure there are no issues with it before they release and they want to esnure long run times and plenty of power.. .time frame was something like late 2018 i think dont quote me on this

Jeff how much higher amp battery you think will run better then the 9.0 at the moment .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.326 seconds