dcsimg

Jobsite Etiquette For Beginners

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Getting close to replacing our new guy. Always on the phone and calling off. Warned him for the last time. He called off again today after being late yesterday. The flat tire excuse, yeah right.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Getting close to replacing our new guy. Always on the phone and calling off. Warned him for the last time. He called off again today after being late yesterday. The flat tire excuse, yeah right.

Good,, get rid of him and tell to have a good time talking&texting on the phone!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Getting close to replacing our new guy.

Yeah if they are like that better to cut him loose.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I just don’t understand how some guys have no work ethic at all. I mean, what do they expect? That they can collect a paycheck without putting in the time?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just don’t understand how some guys have no work ethic at all. I mean, what do they expect? That they can collect a paycheck without putting in the time?

the younger generation grew up not working as kids and do not know how to work. We have tried to instill a good work ethic in our daughters with some success. We keep telling them, the young adults that graduate college and have a work ethic and good grades will end up in the top couple of percent of the work force, because 90 percent of the work force will not have the work ethic and the other 8% will not have the brains

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I agree with that in theory, however, there were always slackers. Many older folks think back to the laziness and lack of work ethic of “hippies,” and certainly there are some who never mature out of that. Many people, though, learn a tough lesson or two about the real world and quickly adapt to become more hardworking. They way they learn is through what Roninohio is doing. They are finding out that there are consequences to not working hard. Lazy on the job = soon no job. So what you’re actually doing is teaching. Maybe they won’t change, but maybe that guy will learn from you a lesson that he’ll need to apply himself for the next boss. The next boss won’t necessarily know that the kid just learned a lesson from you; they’ll just think how responsible the kid is. Not saying it always works like that, and I’m not saying we’re not demanding less of kids today as a society, but I think it’s worth some perspective on that at times. You’re a teacher more than you know. Even if your lesson to them is that their behavior is unacceptable.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I really like this original list and have found some great ideas to include from this thread. I don’t have employees right now, instead, everyone is contract and I plan to keep it that way for the near future. I may make it a digital file and send it out with the W-9 for new guys and experienced alike.

j

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i cant stand the slack assed kids. they dont want to do anything then they complain that their broke..

i can understand if you have to leave early once in a blue moon or show up late once in a blue moon, but if you know its gonna happen let us know ahead of time. and whats a good way to make up for it.. stay late or come in early so your still getting your hours.. show up early and set up all the tools so when everyone else arrives your good to go.

just show some initiative

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i cant stand the slack assed kids. they dont want to do anything then they complain that their broke..

I can’t stand them either! I won’t let that phone thing get out of hand again!

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I wish I found this post sooner. a lot of good advice and I agree with it. The phone thing drives me nuts, the touching my tools drives me nuts. It is getting harder and harder to find good help in the trades and I know its not just me because its different companies and different trades as well.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I wish I found this post sooner. a lot of good advice and I agree with it. The phone thing drives me nuts, the touching my tools drives me nuts. It is getting harder and harder to find good help in the trades and I know its not just me because its different companies and different trades as well.

You need a sign for your van/truck/trailer you use for work: “Keep your hands off your phone and my tools”

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have a decal on my lboxx 4 that reads.. “keep your dick beaters off my tools”.. that lboxx houses my finish tools, my finish tool bags need the same decal as there are quite a few expensive hard to find items in there.. many were ordered online

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i have a decal on my lboxx 4 that reads.. “keep your dick beaters off my tools”.. that lboxx houses my finish tools, my finish tool bags need the same decal as there are quite a few expensive hard to find items in there.. many were ordered online

You got pics of this sticker setup

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

not in front of me. that box is on site and im off for teh weekend

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

In a lot of auto shops I worked at the guys had stickers on their tool boxes that said “I make my living with Snap-On tools, don’t ask to borrow them”.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

You need a sign for your van/truck/trailer you use for work: “Keep your hands off your phone and my tools”

That’s awesome! definitely need some stickers like @jkirk lol

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

I bought the decal off amazon a couple years ago.. reason being I had dropped off all my trim gear at a 3000 Sq ft custom we were building, I did this a week before trim started..

2 of our guys were siding the place at the time.. a few days later I came back and found several of my hand tools scattered aroind the house. Along with drill bits, and trays of screws from my lboxx 1s .. they had used my $90 Japanese hand saw to cut pressure treated which really ticked me off. They did all this without even asking

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

they had used my $90 Japanese hand saw to cut pressure treated which really ticked me off. They did all this without even asking

Couple of real gems those 2. No idea what they were doing. Some people.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I bought the decal off amazon a couple years ago.. reason being I had dropped off all my trim gear at a 3000 Sq ft custom we were building, I did this a week before trim started..

I find it mind boggling that you can do that with your stuff getting stolen. Here that stuff would be gone!!! Heck they stole my shows off my front door step,, had to use my steel toe work boots out drinking last Saturday night!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I find it mind boggling that you can do that with your stuff getting stolen. Here that stuff would be gone!!! Heck they stole my shows off my front door step,, had to use my steel toe work boots out drinking last Saturday night!

Man I can believe they stole your shoes off the porch. That really stinks. What are the odds that they actually fit the crooks?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.339 seconds