dcsimg

Jobsite Etiquette For Beginners

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

someone taking my power chord drives me absolutely nuts especially when they know their taking my own personal chords which are run to my cut station..

Sounds like you need to go in the corner and drink 3 red bulls and just come out and loose it big time that low life so the whole jobs hear you this way they all then know.

if i allow myself to lose it.. ill end up behind bars

I cleared out a nice spot and set up some horses first thing today. I had a bunch of stuff going on, so I drifted away for a bit and when I returned, two of my guys were set up on them and working full go.

At least it was my guys, but still………..

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Well, yeah..

Isn’t that the boss’s job, to roll out for the crew?? 😮 😆

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Ha…you guys probably walked up and said hey look at this someone setup a nice work area for us…lol! @Warren6810

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Ha…you guys probably walked up and said hey look at this someone setup a nice work area for us…lol! @Warren6810

I am guilty of it also sometimes. I spend a lot of time getting others rolling, and don’t often work in one spot for very long myself, so there are days when I wont get a full fledged setup going. Sneak a gun for a few shots here, sneak a saw for a few cuts there, etc. I am pretty aware of what everyone else is doing, so I knew the guys today were gonna be working in the same area.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

someone taking my power chord drives me absolutely nuts especially when they know their taking my own personal chords which are run to my cut station..

Sounds like you need to go in the corner and drink 3 red bulls and just come out and loose it big time that low life so the whole jobs hear you this way they all then know.

I cleared out a nice spot and set up some horses first thing today. I had a bunch of stuff going on, so I drifted away for a bit and when I returned, two of my guys were set up on them and working full go.

LOL! About time the boss set up for the guys!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I am guilty of it also sometimes. I spend a lot of time getting others rolling, and don’t often work in one spot for very long myself, so there are days when I wont get a full fledged setup going. Sneak a gun for a few shots here, sneak a saw for a few cuts there, etc. I am pretty aware of what everyone else is doing, so I knew the guys today were gonna be working in the same area.

I’m the same way sometimes, I just time it right so whatever I need they aren’t using.

Clev08
    Pro

Hahaha had a good laugh reading this one! It drives me nuts when I set up a station and someone else takes something I’m using, power cords being the worst

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep they figured they were good to go. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

HaHa
    Figuring, less for us to do this morning. LOL Did they at least thank you?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

Dont use my step ladder and leave somewhere else….

Dont steal my coffee

Dont go to a store and not ask who is there if they want something like coffee!

With the crew I’m with, if you leave the site mid day for something like a material run, you come back with coffee.

If you ask for something from the store, make sure you have some cash on you to pay the guy back who picks it up for you, or make dang sure you take your turn and pay the next time!

I’ll always grab something for the guy who doesn’t have cash on them or forgot their wallet the first time, but if they don’t make it a point to pay me back quickly, it’s never happening again.

(This applies when I’m working alongside other guys on a job, not my employees. If I offer them a drink or lunch, I pick up the tab.)

Clev08
    Pro

Dont use my step ladder and leave somewhere else….

Dont steal my coffee

Dont go to a store and not ask who is there if they want something like coffee!

With the crew I’m with, if you leave the site mid day for something like a material run, you come back with coffee.

If you ask for something from the store, make sure you have some cash on you to pay the guy back who picks it up for you, or make dang sure you take your turn and pay the next time!

I’ll always grab something for the guy who doesn’t have cash on them or forgot their wallet the first time, but if they don’t make it a point to pay me back quickly, it’s never happening again.

(This applies when I’m working alongside other guys on a job, not my employees. If I offer them a drink or lunch, I pick up the tab.)

A couple guys I work with invited me out for lunch and it made a big impression on me when they didn’t let me pay. I would do the same if I invited them out but a little gesture like that goes a long way.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would do the same if I invited them out but a little gesture like that goes a long way.

I agree, When the DWBs first started going down the streat and were the new guys one crew called us over at the end of the day and shared their pau hana refreshments with us. I will never forget that.

A big one for me is helpers telling their life story to the customers.

It’s just nauseating….

(Keep in mind these are co-workers, not my employees)

I'm the only person I ever hit in the head with a hammer.

It’s just nauseating….

Same in every field. Nobody wants a sob story or a brag, so keep it to yourself. Goes double when they are already wondering why the job is so long or so expensive – even if they are working, as soon as the mouth starts running, opinion is that work is less efficient.

Doobie

It’s just nauseating….

Same in every field. Nobody wants a sob story or a brag, so keep it to yourself. Goes double when they are already wondering why the job is so long or so expensive – even if they are working, as soon as the mouth starts running, opinion is that work is less efficient.

Bit of an old thread, but nonetheless, I think it’s youngins are the worst culprits for that. I know I was when I was younger. As wisdom sets in as one ages, you just know better. You also get more focused on what is truly important too.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Don’t be this guy LOL! he’s gone!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

LOL great pic Dirty, You’re there to work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That’s our new guy! I have warned him 3 times about on the phone. Every time he’s left alone he sprawls out on his phone. Next time he gets a couple days off.
    I bring donuts in for the guys about once a month. Everyone eats them but I would think they would take a turn now and then.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Not good. It better be important if your on the phone and I’m paying.

I bring donuts in for the guys about once a month. Everyone eats them but I would think they would take a turn now and then.

Very nice of you Ron. But yea you’d think someone else would step up a buy every once in a while.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Probably my biggest pet peeve on a job. I tell them when they start, if they are not communicating with me, the phone should stay in their pocket. they still do not get it.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.496 seconds