dcsimg

Jobsite Etiquette For Beginners

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

do not take another tradesmans tools without asking!!!!!

I think this is the most important rule of all. Especially with expensive tools.

Isnt that right! I can’t stand when other tradesmen want to latch onto my stuff! If I don’t have something I buy it…why can’t they? I’m not the tool rental house…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

do not take another tradesmans tools without asking!!!!! this one drives me nuts.. guys do it all the time.. personally im just about ready to start telling my coworkers my tools are completely off limits

one of our guys took my $90 japanese hand saw the other day to cut pressure treated.. i had already clearly told him twice.. do not touch that saw at all!!.. i keep it in my trim kit and i use it very sparingly for cutting small detail pcs and for finishing notches in pcs of hardwood transitions and what not

I remember you posting about it before, did you make sure he remembers this time? lol

Doobie

I think this is the most important rule of all. Especially with expensive tools.

Isnt that right! I can’t stand when other tradesmen want to latch onto my stuff! If I don’t have something I buy it…why can’t they? I’m not the tool rental house…

Somebody taking my tools without asking is like walking into my house without knocking. It’s an intrusion into my very private space.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Somebody taking my tools without asking is like walking into my house without knocking. It’s an intrusion into my very private space.

When the tools are not in use, do you keep em locked up in your lboxx’es or put away in the truck?

Doobie

When the tools are not in use, do you keep em locked up in your lboxx’es or put away in the truck?

They are all in my my shop. Most have Systainers or are stand alones. I do not keep any tools ever in a vehicle overnite. No need to.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

delta,
    Great list I’m going to make that a tool box talk this week..

Doobie

They’re mostly in systainers in my shop. I don’t travel further than my yard with them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They’re mostly in systainers in my shop. I don’t travel further than my yard with them.

I guess that is good for you and I, but for people like chris on a job site or something, it would be good to be able to lock them securely

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

do not take another tradesmans tools without asking!!!!! this one drives me nuts.. guys do it all the time.. personally im just about ready to start telling my coworkers my tools are completely off limits

one of our guys took my $90 japanese hand saw the other day to cut pressure treated.. i had already clearly told him twice.. do not touch that saw at all!!.. i keep it in my trim kit and i use it very sparingly for cutting small detail pcs and for finishing notches in pcs of hardwood transitions and what not

Man the nerve of some people just going into your tool box and borrowing a tool you told them 2 times not to borrow. Some people just don’t care.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’m thinking you could get a length of aircraft cable and cut/crimp to exact length you need, daisy chain another onto something solid like pipes, staircases etc, then lock it with a padlock.

great list. we have a 20 year old punk on our crew who needs this list tattooed on his face. can’t tell him nothin’. patiently awaiting the day he gets laid off.

I guess that is good for you and I, but for people like chris on a job site or something, it would be good to be able to lock them securely

sounds good, but not always possible or practical.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

To be realistic, I would say that Deltas list is a bit advanced for someones first day ever. Bottom line is just abide by my big 3.

1) show up

2) on time

3) be prepared to work.

If this list proves too difficult, your career in construction is gonna be real bumpy.

To be realistic, I would say that Deltas list is a bit advanced for someones first day ever. Bottom line is just abide by my big 3.

1) show up

2) on time

3) be prepared to work.

ive always belived the fewer the rules, the fewer the loopholes.

1. respect yourself
    2. respect others
    3. respect property

If this list proves too difficult, your career in construction is gonna be real bumpy.

ive always believed the fewer the rules, the fewer the loopholes.

1. respect yourself
    2. respect others
    3. respect property

must say that yours (both warren and delta) make it easy with clear cut examples

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The tattoos one is not applied to over here. Tattoos are a huge part of the Polynesian culture and are highly respected. Many local women have culture tattoos on their sweetness.

The tattoos one is not applied to over here. Tattoos are a huge part of the Polynesian culture and are highly respected. Many local women have culture tattoos on their sweetness.

this is a great point. so often we look at things without understanding.

I need to show the list to our employee. He does pretty good, but could learn a few of those items.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

I remember you posting about it before, did you make sure he remembers this time? lol

oh hes been told.. the other day i was working on window buck in the icf foundation were putting in.. i was cutting 2×10 to create the buck and he starts bugging me wanting to use my sawsquatch circular saw… 1st off no you cant use it and #2 im using it so ger yer own damn saw.. for some reason he thinks because i fully outfit myself with tools hes allowed to just take and use what he wants… as of late hes been instaling some baseboard which hes never done before . trim is my territory on the crew.. i dont mind a little help now and then to speed things up when were busy but if your gonna be doing it bring your own damn hand tools

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie

sounds good, but not always possible or practical.

I feel for a lot of the guys on this forum. You’re all regularly facing all sorts of challenges having to go from place to place with the tools you have to make a living. That can’t be easy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I feel for a lot of the guys on this forum. You’re all regularly facing all sorts of challenges having to go from place to place with the tools you have to make a living. That can’t be easy.

Then on top of it they don’t want to pay you enough to make a living or operate a truck to carry all the tools you need.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.445 seconds