dcsimg

Jim's Watertone videos

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 999 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

My first project using Lightworks as an editor. It is a steep learning curve! A lot more powerful than what I need, but we will get better at it over time.

Congrats on your new router and ThanX for the video. Editing looks good with the new program.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Thanks folks, it took a long time to edit, but I will get accustomed to it. Like everything else, after using it for a while, I will get a method down.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice unboxxing video. I love the shameless plug on the credits.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Nice unboxxing video. I love the shameless plug on the credits.

Piggies is piggies, no matter how you get ’em!…lol

Snow.

That is just about the only thing I have been dealing with for the last week. I have had the snowblower out every day and today it is still snowing. Just doing our driveway and the paths can tucker a guy out. I do a bit extra so Lil’ Lee has a place to run around and guard the place against marauding squirrels. She is always curious about what they are up to.

The lady across the street from me had a bit of a time with her snow blower, so I did her driveway once for her. The neighbour behind me backed out of his driveway and got his truck stuck as soon as he got on the road, so a few of us got him dug back into his driveway. Also, another neighbour is recovering from heart surgery, so there is no way he can do his, so I go over and clear his driveway and deck. I have a new pass time I guess. One that I really didn’t want. At least not to this extent. I move snow, and the rest of the time is recovery….lol.

I do have footage to edit. I will have to get around to editing that soon. The last part of the essential oil cabinet has to be made. I want to get more comfortable with this new video editing software first. I have a few other bits too, but not much. I have not had much in the way of shop time due to the weather. I did get a bit more ceiling insulated, and got some footage of that. It will be coming out eventually.

I have been watching Lightworks tutorial videos and trying to get comfortable with it. I figured it was about time I put something up, so I went and shot this today and put it together. More as an exercise as anything else. This is one powerful program and will do more than I will ever need. It is also pretty complex, so I will play some more with it and get some more video together as I go.

So, what was I up to today?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Snow.

That is just about the only thing I have been dealing with for the last week. I have had the snowblower out every day and today it is still snowing. Just doing our driveway and the paths can tucker a guy out. I do a bit extra so Lil’ Lee has a place to run around and guard the place against marauding squirrels. She is always curious about what they are up to.

The lady across the street from me had a bit of a time with her snow blower, so I did her driveway once for her. The neighbour behind me backed out of his driveway and got his truck stuck as soon as he got on the road, so a few of us got him dug back into his driveway. Also, another neighbour is recovering from heart surgery, so there is no way he can do his, so I go over and clear his driveway and deck. I have a new pass time I guess. One that I really didn’t want. At least not to this extent. I move snow, and the rest of the time is recovery….lol.

I do have footage to edit. I will have to get around to editing that soon. The last part of the essential oil cabinet has to be made. I want to get more comfortable with this new video editing software first. I have a few other bits too, but not much. I have not had much in the way of shop time due to the weather. I did get a bit more ceiling insulated, and got some footage of that. It will be coming out eventually.

I have been watching Lightworks tutorial videos and trying to get comfortable with it. I figured it was about time I put something up, so I went and shot this today and put it together. More as an exercise as anything else. This is one powerful program and will do more than I will ever need. It is also pretty complex, so I will play some more with it and get some more video together as I go.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CzOPVJMC4EQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Great job on the video , my dog was listening very closely when you had your dog on . How big is the property you have ?

@JimDaddyO nice unboxing video Jim , thanks for sharing. gotta love getting a Bosch box 😉

Snow.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CzOPVJMC4EQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Great job on the video , my dog was listening very closely when you had your dog on . How big is the property you have ?

Just a decent sized lot. It is a mobile home park with about 32 units on 68 acres. The dog goes to the extreme back end of what would be considered my lot. Too small for a tractor.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Snow.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CzOPVJMC4EQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Just a decent sized lot. It is a mobile home park with about 32 units on 68 acres. The dog goes to the extreme back end of what would be considered my lot. Too small for a tractor.

It looks like you are right out in the country from that video . You must get a fair bit of wild life coming around .

raccoons, skunks, coyote, deer, beaver, muskrat, ground hogs, turkeys, opossum, hawks, geese, ducks, songbirds, squirrels, some sort of weasel, and a host of feral cats.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Man, that must be quite the circus at times.

Jim, I have been using your BLO/beeswax finish recently. How long would you say it takes to fully cure? How many coats do you normally use?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Snow.

Jim,
    You sure are getting some snow up where you are. Closer to the city, we hardly have any.
    Nice assortment of wildlife you get out there, we get most of those here. I think the only ones I don’t see are muskrat and turkeys.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Jim, I have been using your BLO/beeswax finish recently. How long would you say it takes to fully cure? How many coats do you normally use?

I am still experimenting with it. I would have to say it would depend on porosity of the wood. Open grain woods like ash will take a bit more as the wax will act as a pore filler. In general though, I have found that one coat is usually enough. I let it sit overnight and then give it a bit of a buff to remove excess then let it sit for up to a week and put a paste wax on top of it. I am not sure you even need the second coat of wax and could get by with one and done.

Snow.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CzOPVJMC4EQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Jim,
    You sure are getting some snow up where you are. Closer to the city, we hardly have any.
    Nice assortment of wildlife you get out there, we get most of those here. I think the only ones I don’t see are muskrat and turkeys.

We are about 40 km inland of Lake Huron, so we get lake effect flurries. Cold air travelling over the open water picks up moisture and when it hits land, it releases it. If the lake freezes over, we get less snow. A lot of snow just misses us going just north or just south of us.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I am still experimenting with it. I would have to say it would depend on porosity of the wood. Open grain woods like ash will take a bit more as the wax will act as a pore filler. In general though, I have found that one coat is usually enough. I let it sit overnight and then give it a bit of a buff to remove excess then let it sit for up to a week and put a paste wax on top of it. I am not sure you even need the second coat of wax and could get by with one and done.

Thanks, Jim. I did an application last night on hard maple. One light coat followed by a second generous coat about an hour later and sit overnight. Maybe next time I won’t be quite so generous LOL It was a proper b**ch to buff this morning, it was a sticky mess, but the finish looks really good now.

Next time it will be the one and done for sure.

Thanks, Jim. I did an application last night on hard maple. One light coat followed by a second generous coat about an hour later and sit overnight. Maybe next time I won’t be quite so generous LOL It was a proper b**ch to buff this morning, it was a sticky mess, but the finish looks really good now.

Next time it will be the one and done for sure.

Maple is not very porous so I don’t think you need as much.

Great job JimDaddyO

I finally got around to editing and completing the video series on the essential oil cabinet that I made for my son for Christmas. Lightworks is still a bit of a chore and will be for a while yet, but it is not locking up and being frustrating like Windows Movie Maker was. I still have a long way to go, but it is fun learning.

My son liked the cabinet and most people who have laid eyes on it do to. It was a big complex job and I find that shooting video while working makes it go almost twice as long. I still have some video of other things to edit down, but I am catching up fast. There has not been a lot of activity in the shop. A few little projects done and waiting for editing though.

This turned out to be a series of longish videos. I didn’t start out to make it an opus. I really thought at the start that it would be two or three short ones. It grew.

I am not sure what goes over better, the long ones or the short ones. I like doing both, so I guess there will not be any rule about how long they will be. I am just out here by the river, trying to get by, and shooting some video as I go.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice finish to the series, Jim.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Great job Jim ! Do you nail everything by hand or do you also use nail guns . Also how long did it take you to download this video to youtube ?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 999 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.585 seconds