dcsimg

Jim's Watertone videos

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 999 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Keeping the wife happy by doing a job just for her for a change. We took this garden out last year when we did the skirting, so this year I built a new one. It matches others we have built. She keeps the yard looking nice with her flowers and attracting bird. It’s a pretty easy build, except maybe the pounding in of the 12″ spikes to hold it together and they keep it from moving around too.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/sLOP4eWjG1U?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

The flower bed turned out good. That is alot of pounding in those 12″ spikes. A bigger hammer might have helped.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice garden you’ve got started there. You don’t have problems with snails and slugs?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

@JimDaddyO nice video Jim,
    That came out really nice,
    I have to say Jim, you are probably a lot more flexible than most of the guys I work with. , great job Jim, I love to hear the sounds of the birds and watching them eat,

That is alot of pounding in those 12″ spikes. A bigger hammer might have helped.

I have used a cross peen hammer at times. The Estwing takes longer, but I was in no rush. It also gives me an excuse to take a short break….lol.

You don’t have problems with snails and slugs?

No, not here. They aren’t a huge problem in this part of the world and attracting all the birds may help a bit too.

I have to say Jim, you are probably a lot more flexible than most of the guys I work with.

I don’t move very fast though, and take breaks. Of course I edit out the taking breaks parts…lol.

Thank you everyone for watching and commenting.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@JimDaddyO Haha it’s not the speed anymore Jim, it’s the quality and work ethic 😉
    I realize that the other day, I was doing some yard work, I think I spent more time sitting on the stairs than working lol
    Last year working on the stables with a bunch of late twenty year olds and some guys in the thirties lol, I kept up, but more than likely I was fast asleep before they finished the first beer Lmao.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is Ash a light colored hardwood?

Yes it is, it is also the preferred wood for baseball bats too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I realize that the other day, I was doing some yard work, I think I spent more time sitting on the stairs than working lol
    Last year working on the stables with a bunch of late twenty year olds and some guys in the thirties lol, I kept up, but more than likely I was fast asleep before they finished the first beer Lmao.

Same for me. Recovery times from heavy work days are a lot longer than they used to be. Sigh!

Is Ash a light colored hardwood?

Yes it is, it is also the preferred wood for baseball bats too.

A lot of pros use maple bats now. Problem is, they are more prone to shatter and be more dangerous when they do as well. There’s even been talk of banning maple bats.

Lmao.

Same for me. Recovery times from heavy work days are a lot longer than they used to be. Sigh!

I keep telling people “I can still put in a good days work, it just takes me a week to do it”…lol

I also realise that I have 2 speeds only…Go, and off. Not much between.

A long hard day will put me out of commission for a couple of days recovering with my knee. So I try to keep that in mind. I watch the weather and the day before a rainy day I will go like heck because I know the next day I can do nothing and relax. Other than that I try to keep it fairly light and short hours so I can continue to enjoy doing what I like to do.

Lmao.

I keep telling people “I can still put in a good days work, it just takes me a week to do it”…lol

A long hard day will put me out of commission for a couple of days recovering with my knee. So I try to keep that in mind. I watch the weather and the day before a rainy day I will go like heck because I know the next day I can do nothing and relax. Other than that I try to keep it fairly light and short hours so I can continue to enjoy doing what I like to do.

Hahaha Lmao, that’s one of you’re great qualities Jim is the terrific sense of humor,
    Just like Peter @smallerstick,

You make total sense about the weather and continuing to do what we like
    Great advice as always Jim.

-Ditto – laying stone the other weekend left my knees feeling it for a week!

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Lmao.

Sounds like you have great system in jobs done. Always nice to keep busy when you can.

Greg

Part 1B of my re edit of the long format video I did of milling the ash slabs for the top of my Roubo bench.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I had forgotten the agony of the nail and the router bit. It’s still a painful moment.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I had forgotten the agony of the nail and the router bit. It’s still a painful moment.

I have a metal detector now for the final milling…lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very nice video showing the slab flattening. I can’t believe it’s still snowing there.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Part 1B of my re edit of the long format video I did of milling the ash slabs for the top of my Roubo bench.

Nice way to flatten that slab. Modify what you have to do the job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Very nice video showing the slab flattening. I can’t believe it’s still snowing there.

That footage was shot last November/December. Our snow is gone and I have even been in the pool.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have a metal detector now for the final milling…lol.

I am sure that metal detector will come in handy. I need to get one. I keep for getting about it.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Keeping the wife happy by doing a job just for her for a change. We took this garden out last year when we did the skirting, so this year I built a new one. It matches others we have built. She keeps the yard looking nice with her flowers and attracting bird. It’s a pretty easy build, except maybe the pounding in of the 12″ spikes to hold it together and they keep it from moving around too.

Nice little project Jim. Gotta say though, my back hurts just watching your mechanics. You looked like an over-bent L-bracket through out the entire video.

You looked like an over-bent L-bracket through out the entire video.

I took lots of breaks (an advantage of being able to edit) and I can’t squat due to my knee, so there wasn’t much choice. The saw benches were the only item I really had to put thing on too. Yeah, I had a bit of a sore back, but, they say you suffer for your art…lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 999 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.532 seconds