dcsimg

Jigs and Fixtures

This topic contains 467 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 468 total)
  • Author

Steal away @thedude306! Glad to help a fellow pro tradesman!! I am drawing a blank right now but I did the smaller vertical slots before too and someone on here showed me their horizontal ones like this and I switched. I feel bad because I can’t think of them right now…

I made the jig to fit my router base so there wasn’t any slop. Then I just route the slot and move the jig.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Anyone make a door stand? I always say Im going to make one but never get around to it.

Going to do something simple with a plywood routed into 2x with a wedge.

Not sure how big to make it so a door slab wont topple. I want to just do 2ft so it has a foot on each side.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Anyone make a door stand? I always say Im going to make one but never get around to it.

Not sure how big to make it so a door slab wont topple. I want to just do 2ft so it has a foot on each side.

Dirty used his Keter table. And somebody posted a pic a while back of a way they hold doors. I just can’t think of who it was?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thanks Ron maybe someone will remember.

Normally Im a simple man when it comes to this stuff. A scrap piece of plywood, square or rectangle tacked to the end works like a champ.

Not real happy about making the holes though.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dirty used his Keter table. And somebody posted a pic a while back of a way they hold doors. I just can’t think of who it was?

That was Dirty who posted the picture of using the Keter table as a “Third Hand” so to speak.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

JerrySats
    Pro
    Swedesboro, New Jersey

I do some small mitered boxes from time to time and do splines and dovetail keys in . This one is for running dovetail in the miters for keys . I run it on the router table .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Thanks for posting that, there are a few in there I just might try out.

I do some small mitered boxes from time to time and do splines and dovetail keys in . This one is for running dovetail in the miters for keys . I run it on the router table .

That’s a sweet little jig you have got there . Looks to be simple and very effective .

Always willing to learn .

JerrySats
    Pro
    Swedesboro, New Jersey

Miter Spline jig for the table saw , this one rides in the saws miter track . Pretty simple design and works great . You use spacers to offset the box to get the different spline spacing’s .

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Miter Spline jig for the table saw , this one rides in the saws miter track . Pretty simple design and works great . You use spacers to offset the box to get the different spline spacing’s .

I like it, Jerry, thanks for sharing.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I don’t have a picture at the moment, but I’ve seen a set up that uses a couple sawhorses and the door is suspended between them…think rotisserie chicken.

Each horse had a board running straight down to the ground, and that board had a nail through it, going into the top/bottom of the door.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@jerrysats

Does that throat plate have anti-slip tape on it?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@jerrysats

I thought the same thing, but it may be a speckled formica ?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That a slick jig JerrySats, it really makes the box.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

JerrySats
    Pro
    Swedesboro, New Jersey

@jerrysats

I thought the same thing, but it may be a speckled formica ?

If your talking about the tablesaw insert no it made from phenolic and has speckles in it.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Interesting jig. Never seen one for that before. Thanks for sharing!

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks SS that beading tool is a good one.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ryOcRnkz92U?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

that is an awesome poor mans beading tool, it is what i use as i couldn’t be bothered buying a really expensive one when a nail in a piece of wood will do.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

SS Thank you for posting the video. Really good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 468 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 5.392 seconds