dcsimg

IWK Children's Hospital Woodshop

This topic contains 919 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  woodman_412 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 920 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

Hey guys, here is the new thread to keep you up to date on what’s going on in the IWK woodshop. I’ll keep it updated with photos of current projects, any other needs that the shop might have as well as news updates.

I’ll start off with the photo of the tools that Bosch donated that arrived today. I’ll be taking them with me tonight to put them to use in the shop. There will be some presentation photos hopefully next week along with an article in the IWK newsletter and I think a local magazine as well. Thanks again to Bosch and @bethepro for the very generous donation! There is some amazing work done at the IWK for so many kids, our daughter included. It is a very worthwhile cause!

Link for IWKwoodshop donation account
    http://bethepro.com/members/iwkwoodshop/

Dan

danpattison.com

That’s awesome look forward to seeing what comes out of theses bosch donations . Plus don’t forgot your doing great things as well with donating your time too to the IWK childrens hostipal.

Always willing to learn .

@woodman_412 that sounds like a great cause. Are you going to post some pictures of projects coming out of the workshop there?

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

That’s awesome, being a caper I knew a lot of people who relied on the IWK for a long time. Really interested in hearing more about the woodshop projects there – great of Bosch to be donating.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

. Thanks again to Bosch and @bethepro for the very generous donation!

That’s very considerate of Bosch and all the members of BTP who were trying to help.

Awesome! I get pumped when folks are helping other folks through their own generosity. Way to go Bosch! Thanks for coming through. @woodman_412, don’t be afraid to let us know what other needs may be.

SamM
    Pro

IWK is a great hospital. Two of my kids have been. One has annual ultrasound checkups and one had a couple minor operations. They do a lot of good work.

Awesome. Bet there will be many happy children because of a few simple gifts ( Not meaning cheap in terms of Bosh, only in what the cost compared to children s happiness ) Thank Bossh for the gifts and woodman for bringing them in focus

monman1
    Pro

Great generosity Bosch and @bethepro!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

once again dan. awesome work getting jim on board for this and getting the canadian bosch office to donate the tools

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Fantastic Dan! I’m so glad Bosch did this for your hospital and also for the health of your child!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This is Great, I wonder if there are any other hospitals with a shop like this?

How frikin cool! What is the primary use for the shop Dan?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

the benevolent bosch strikes again

staker
    Pro

Those are some great donations of Bosch and BTP. And of you as well Dan for donating your time.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

the benevolent bosch strikes again

Nice choice of words and WAY TO GO @woodman_412 and bethepro/Bosch. This stuff is great news to hear when logging on!

A Working Pro since 2004

woodman_412

I was able to get some photos tonight of the shop and some of the projects that are on the go. Here are a couple photos of the shop. It’s set up well but some of the machines and tools need a good tune up for sure.

How frikin cool! What is the primary use for the shop Dan?

Andrew, there is a lady that works in the shop full time and uses it as a work space to do repairs around the hospital so that is it’s primary function. The volunteer work that I’m doing happens on Monday and Tuesday nights every week and is run and organized by the Rotary Club. So the work that we are doing is separate from the work that the lady does full time.

The other photo is the project that I’m working on right now. The green chair is a completed one that I’m copying and making 6 more of. They are basically a wooden version of a Bumbo chair for small kids that need some support to sit up on their own. I was working on making the mitred sides tonight.

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

Here are more photos of some of the types of projects that are done. There are adjustable chairs, potty chairs, tables, benches, foot stools, toys etc. The therapists send work orders for specific items that need to be made for the kids and then we take the work orders and build what’s needed.

As far as additional items that are needed in the shop I will post them as the need comes up but at the moment we could definitely use some jigsaw blades to go with the new saw as well as driver bits and drill bits for the new drill and impact driver. I’ll take in what I can from my shop and if anyone else is interested in sending anything let me know. Where donating points isn’t going to work right now maybe another way would be to cash in points for accessories and have them sent for the hospital for anyone that is interested. Thanks again for the awesome response and support guys, it really means a lot! Definitely a fantastic community here!

Dan

danpattison.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Dan maybe you should set up a go fund me account or a PayPal that we could send donations to.

Dan in response to the other V7 posting just PM with an address and I’ll send you a couple packs (or three 🙂 )of Festool blades I have in my Carvex box.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 920 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.793 seconds