dcsimg

Ive Got All Three

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

And your right Mark the other one isn’t that old, not to mention I take very good care of my equipment.

You gotta take good care of the tools that make your $$. Why leave them dirty and all crappy? I have tools that are many years old that I use daily yet look barely used.

Well I kinda take care of my equipment. All of my demo hammers are at least 15 years old and guess what, they are used in dirt and concrete, they do get dirty and I don’t take them to the tool wash. Sorry.

Where on God’s green earth did you get the impression that I wash my jackhammers? Again they are very new, that has everything to do with why they are clean.

My response was not to you Cali, it was to NJ Builder. And it’s fine with me that guys take special care with their tools.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

However I’ve been known to hose down my equipment from time to time.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would be here hanging out even if there were no tools. There’s some great people over here to talk to. Getting the jackhammer was just a bonus.

Agreed, I got a jack hammer and I’m still here too

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I got a little overspray on my drill from painting in the garage yesterday, But I don’t think I’ll be taking it to the carwash LOL. It didn’t look new after the first day I used it. But I do keep my sockets and wrenches clean

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Well I kinda take care of my equipment. All of my demo hammers are at least 15 years old and guess what, they are used in dirt and concrete, they do get dirty and I don’t take them to the tool wash. Sorry.

I’m not saying wash them. But I do wipe my tools down. I even use a leaf vac every now and then to clean my miter saw off and out. I’m amazed of what comes out of the head.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I will admit it – I sometimes wash my tools. Occasionally on a rain day or day with nothing planned I will grab the air hose in the shop and blow the dust off of tools then hit them with a rag and some Dirtex if they need it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I will admit it – I sometimes wash my tools. Occasionally on a rain day or day with nothing planned I will grab the air hose in the shop and blow the dust off of tools then hit them with a rag and some Dirtex if they need it.

Nothing wrong with taking care of you tools. I clean my stuff regularly. As a kid I was not aloud to put tools away that were dirty. Just kinda stuck with me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Looks like there’s a new 18 pounder on the list to add to your collection!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

so whats the difference between the 2 blue ones and why the need for both? or just to have 2?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I try to wipe down my tools and things every so often. I hate having a mess of tools. It’s amazing what you find some times if crap is washed off. Cracks, breaks, etc. I’m not anal by any means in my cleaning, but a moist rag to knock off all the big crap does wonder.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Getting the jackhammer was just a bonus.

Yeah, one of the biggest bonuses you could get! Glad to hear you guys talking about sticking around even if the rewards went away.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I’m not saying wash them. But I do wipe my tools down. I even use a leaf vac every now and then to clean my miter saw off and out. I’m amazed of what comes out of the head.

Everytime I use my table or miter saws i blow them off with the air hose or leaf vac i carry on the trailer.

It’s amazing how much dust and dirt get in there.

I remember a discussion on a forum about someone asking how people cleaned their work vans out. One guy said he opened up the back doors and got in the front with the leaf blower. While comical to me, I thought, what a great idea! It’s how I’ve cleaned my trailer out ever since. No more brooms!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Everytime I use my table or miter saws i blow them off with the air hose or leaf vac i carry on the trailer.

even with a vac attached they still hoard dust buried throughout the housing.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

It’s amazing how much dust and dirt get in there.

I remember a discussion on a forum about someone asking how people cleaned their work vans out. One guy said he opened up the back doors and got in the front with the leaf blower. While comical to me, I thought, what a great idea! It’s how I’ve cleaned my trailer out ever since. No more brooms!

I use a corded leaf blower. Cleans off my decks and such fast at the end of the day. Good idea about the trailer lol

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

so whats the difference between the 2 blue ones and why the need for both? or just to have 2?

The bigger one is a little big for digging footings, it is great for concrete. That little Bosch is a good size to dig with.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The bigger one is a little big for digging footings, it is great for concrete. That little Bosch is a good size to dig with.

Did you see the new one on the list?
    http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=DH712VC
    Only a cool 420,000 points.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I saw the new one go up there. How does it compare to the one you guys got that was on there, a little smaller?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw the new one go up there. How does it compare to the one you guys got that was on there, a little smaller?

Yea that one is one size down. It has it’s place too.
    I,m not going through that long haul point thing again.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love giving my tool a good blowing off! I keep a blower nozzle in my bags just for that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like there’s a new 18 pounder on the list to add to your collection!

Heck yea there is! http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=DH712VC#benefits
    Too bad that one doesn’t have a rotro hammer mode.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.568 seconds