dcsimg

It's Official– Rikon/Lee Valley

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just saw the announcement we have all been waiting for; Lee Valley just sent a flyer with the news that they are now selling Rikon bandsaws.

Both excellent companies, they should do well in partnership.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Rikon is sold by WoodCraft over here. We have no Lee valley here .

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Just saw the announcement we have all been waiting for; Lee Valley just sent a flyer with the news that they are now selling Rikon bandsaws.

I saw both models when I went to LV yesterday although I didn’t have time to look at them in great detail. I did really notice the super high fence for resawing. Looked solid and impressive. I already have a Delta BS which I’ve been very happy with and I don’t do a lot of demanding resawing.

Interesting. I wonder if LV will have them at the booth at the Hamilton Wood Show. @smallerstick and I will be going on Feb 26th which is my birthday, along with The Woodworking Junkie. I mentioned that I would let them buy me a new saw for a birthday gift…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Good for them. Lee Valley will do well to sell their product. I wonder if the LV free shipping will apply to larger Rikon machines.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Interesting. I wonder if LV will have them at the booth at the Hamilton Wood Show. @smallerstick and I will be going on Feb 26th which is my birthday, along with The Woodworking Junkie. I mentioned that I would let them buy me a new saw for a birthday gift…lol.

Looking forward to it. Someone should let them know to bring more than one of them. lol

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you guys up there in the BC have both WoodCraft and Lee Valley??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Looking forward to it. Someone should let them know to bring more than one of them. lol

That’s OK, I only want one.

I wish the option had been there when I got my baby-bandsaw – the Rikon 10 is supposed to be a beast in a small package. Although there is a Craftsman badged model that is its twin for 100$ less – I never found anyone who had it in stock or even who could order it in

Doobie

I don’t believe there are Woodcrafts in Canada.

Good for them. Lee Valley will do well to sell their product. I wonder if the LV free shipping will apply to larger Rikon machines.

Seriously doubt it. It pretty well always states ‘some exclusions apply’. Things like long bar clamps are an item, or if things are going to real far away places like the Yukon. But what they do is at least discount the shipping cost by a flat token amount refective of their basic shipping costs during the free shipping promotion from what was your total shipping cost.

I actually just went after writing that and tossed one in my cart and it does say this…..

“A $20.00 shipping surcharge applies in addition to our regular shipping and handling fee. For shipments outside of Canada or areas not serviced by regular ground shipping, our Customer Service Department will confirm the shipping charge.”

Clev08
    Pro

I just saw that on the email they sent out with a 10 inch benchtop model. I clicked the link to “view all rikon bandsaws” and so far they only have one available online.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Both excellent companies, they should do well in partnership.

Good news, I too did see the email that went out. But am happy with my Rockwell bandsaw.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

If you look at the specs, the 14″ Rikon has a resaw capacity of 13″…….sweet!

Awesome, a new bandsaw is in my list of tools to replace with a better model ( my old craftsman 14 inch is not the best machine).

Will

Doobie

I was back at LV this morning again.

Took some sexy pics for you guys. 😲

Want!

Im doing a road trip to LV in Ottawa tomorrow morning, to take one of their seminar/demos and cant wait to see what they have. Ive never been – although I regularly shop in their online store

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@doobie, did you happen to see what the pricing was?

Doobie

@doobie, did you happen to see what the pricing was?

Nope!

I’m not in the market for a bandsaw. Just go look them up on their website. I feel reluctant to post ‘deals’ I haven’t exercised myself and bought. It’s kinda frowned upon Aaron.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have the Rikon 14″ in caw. It has been a good saw. I wish i had time to use it more,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

We do have Lee Valley in Canada as it is Canadian. There is 17 stores across Canada. I just checked and there opening 2 new stores in the spring. The stuff I buy from Lee Valley is online. There is a store about 1 hour away from me now. I have only been in one Lee Valley store.

No I don’t think we have a Woodcraft. I heard we had a Rockler in the Toronto area. There website says that too. But don’t know forsure.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They look like a nice looking bandsaws. After checking them out online there are abit pricy for me right now. But a 13 inch inch resaw would be sweet.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.781 seconds