dcsimg

It's all about the $$$$ :-)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

The_Grizz wrote:

The_Grizz wrote:I think an important factor in cutting boards especially is making sure that whatever adhesive you use is approved for food contact. I know it will be dried before any food ever touches it, but people will be cutting wet meat and fruits on it, not to mention the knife will cut into the wood to some extent.

Dont we all use Titebond anyways? Its as food safe as it comes

After some searching, turns out that Titebond II & III are FDA approved for cutting board use. I looked at gorilla wood glue also, and it is not specified, so I’m gonna say no.

I can’t imagine trying to use a polyurethane glue on a cutting board….all the foam everywhere!

FWIW, approved or not, TBIII had been a great glue I my boards.

Gorilla makes a wood glue similar to TBII, it’s not a polyurethane glue, so no foam to worry about. I actually have a bottle in my brad gun bag now, and I’d say it’s performance is on par with TBII.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Gorilla makes a wood glue similar to TBII,

I like the Gorilla tape too.

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

The_Grizz wrote:Gorilla makes a wood glue similar to TBII,

I do too. Stuff is ridiculously sticky. Don’t stick it to anything you want to take it off of.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You are Dirty the Gorilla tape really sticks.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You are Dirty the Gorilla tape really sticks.

Gorilla tape is well worth it

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

how much would you guys charge for an emergency sunday electric water heater replacement?
    my buddy called me and passed that job on me because hes out of town.
    the current water heater flooded the whole garage.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I do too. Stuff is ridiculously sticky. Don’t stick it to anything you want to take it off of.

Gorilla glue is great but it sure makes a mess quickly too .

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

how much would you guys charge for an emergency sunday electric water heater replacement?

I’d probably charge $200 for an emergency swap, but I’m not a real plumber either. Pretty sure the real plumbers around me would charge upwards of $300 for an emergency swap.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would say 200 is fair. I usually charge 125 -150 normally on a work day.

staker
    Pro

I find were I am, I am not charging enough. Do a lot of work for friends and they think I should charge the same price an hour for woodworking as I charge for carpentry. I do give them a break but I am less than half what other contractors charge, I don’t do it full time.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’d probably charge $200 for an emergency swap, but I’m not a real plumber either. Pretty sure the real plumbers around me would charge upwards of $300 for an emergency swap.

Seems cheap IMO.
    Gas or electric? Size, disposal of the old WH…the job is bigger than $200.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Check out the rules, not sure if we are supposed to discus this. But I will take a shot at it. My son is 16 nd needs insurance money before he can drive. Guess I would give him the job, help him carry the new one down stairs and old one out for nothing. then he would probably get….well he would have to check out the job before he priced it.

Sorry, we keep them in basements here, flooded garage may be cheaper

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Check out the rules, not sure if we are supposed to discus this. But I will take a shot at it. My son is 16 nd needs insurance money before he can drive. Guess I would give him the job, help him carry the new one down stairs and old one out for nothing. then he would probably get….well he would have to check out the job before he priced it.

Pricing questions are ok here as long as everyone realizes that any answers given are friendly advice and nothing more. Pricing when you know all the factors involved is tough enough, helping with pricing when you don’t know the region, the overhead involved, etc is near impossible.

That being said….for any after hours emergency call I charged $125 to show then charged for the job…an electric water heater swap and dispose of the old one (if the customer supplied the new water heater) I would charge $400 plus any parts.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Seems cheap IMO.
    Gas or electric? Size, disposal of the old WH…the job is bigger than $200.

was an electric WH. no disposal, i placed the old one at the curb and put a craigslist ad online. somebody will pick it up to scrap it.

i picked up a new 50 gal water heater from HD for the customer.

had to install a new shut off valve on the cold side.
    the old one shut off just half way.
    actually i had the plain cooper pipe out of the wall and did everything new. I cut the existing piping and valve off.
    the old stuff was not worth to keep. couldnt get the hot water side off either.

i even removed the water out of the garage and used my shop vac to get everything dry. the garage slopes back….so most water was in the back.

im transfering couple pictures right now to my computer, after dinner i will upload them

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Pricing questions are ok here as long as everyone realizes that any answers given are friendly advice and nothing more. Pricing when you know all the factors involved is tough enough, helping with pricing when you don’t know the region, the overhead involved, etc is near impossible.

That being said….for any after hours emergency call I charged $125 to show then charged for the job…an electric water heater swap and dispose of the old one (if the customer supplied the new water heater) I would charge $400 plus any parts.

Sounds fair. Sean did one for a friend last summer and got 150. Have to relize that the guy does a lot for Sean as well. Good experience

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

$700.00 + the water heater is about our average.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

$700.00 + the water heater is about our average.

I paid $ 425.00 for my water heater and had my girlfriend at the time hook it up for free 🙂

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

thanks guys for the advice how much i can charge that person for the replacement

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I love gorilla poly glue for my furniture pieces. Titebond is used on crafts and my cutting boards

Gorilla glue is great but it sure makes a mess quickly too .

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

closer to what i was thinking. 150-200 would be cheap in these parts as would a $700 swap be expensive

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.589 seconds