dcsimg

Issues with Bosch 12v Batteries

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

For three to go so quickly I’d be concerned about a bad charger.

Hope not. I have three different ones in use and dont know which it might be

Can a bad charger do that?

It does seem weird that three of them died. Does freezing affect batteries? Did you ever freeze them perhaps or maybe left them in the car in the hot summer may affect them, I dunno, just guessing.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

For three to go so quickly I’d be concerned about a bad charger.

I thought this from the very first post. I have had a few chargers go out. Try those batteries in another charger to make sure. I have also had chargers that would refuse to charge certain batteries, while it would charge others. No rhyme or reason.

@Montreal_Medic

You’ve checked it wasn’t the charger right? All of my 2.0s are working fine and I regularly cycle them.

I had a bad charger cook an old lead acid mower battery and a bad one kill a couple RC lipo packs. I hope that isn’t the issue here.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

So Im on hold with customer support right now

She can’t understand that its a battery. Keeps asking me what tool?

I now have to fax in the receipt (no problem) as well as the receipt for WHATEVER tool I bought around that time, since batteries MUST be associated to a tool (even though I bought them just as batteries)

No idea if she ever understood me. Kept repeating “what tool? what tool?” no matter how many times I said “the tools are all ok, its the batteries that are shot, and they were bought separately ”

I hate dealing with call centres

HAHAHA! This is classic. We all must have stories like this. I feel your pain man. You’d think they’d understand their own product line enough to know that batteries can be bought outright. Hope you get some resolution.

Most of mine are about 8 year old ones that are 1.3 ah and have never had a problem with them. They are actually still working great.

No sorry never had any problems with mine, and like Austin around the same age for 4 and the last are around 1 year old,

Have you noticed if the contacts on the battery are in good shape, , we have had issues at work with them, that has caused them to not charge properly,

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@montreal_medic sorry to hear that .hope you find a solution.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

No problems here, 12v have been huge asset here and batteries have been better than I can ask for

All my Bosch 12v have functioned without a problem. I have had a number of Milwaukee M12 batteries refuse to take a charge. Early ones had a problem or two I believe. Sorry you are having issues Eric. It does seem unusual that so many have a problem so quick. Perhaps a charger or a tool that is sinking them?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have not had any problems with my 12V batteries and they get used and charged daily.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

No problems with the ones I have. They don’t get charged all that often. And are holding up well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Well then. Just in case, I will put away my chargers and use a different one. I have one still unused that came with my ps31 and ps41 kit

Maybe I will also try the freezer trick if that doesnt help

And if all is lost, maybe Bosch will support it. They have always had amazing customer support in my experience (although the call centers are certainly a weak point)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well then. Just in case, I will put away my chargers and use a different one. I have one still unused that came with my ps31 and ps41 kit

And if all is lost, maybe Bosch will support it. They have always had amazing customer support in my experience (although the call centers are certainly a weak point)

I hope you find the answer soon. I have 2 12v tools, an FL12 and 6 2.0 aH batteries; so far no issue with any of them but, you never know. I try to rotate batteries but that is not always easy to do with any reliability.

Call centres are not high on my list either. They’re right there with door-to-door salesmen and infomercials.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Good luck with your batteries Eric, I have recovered these battery packs from someone here, they were disposing of them for the exact reasons you mentioned, I took the top of the battery of, straightened the connector and it works perfectly, they still are slightly crooked, but they charge and last,

Doobie

have recovered these battery packs from someone here, they were disposing of them for the exact reasons you mentioned, I took the top of the battery of, straightened the connector and it works perfectly, they still are slightly crooked, but they charge and last,

I think that’swhat’swrong with my aforementioned bad 12V. Maybe I should try that so it works in all my 12v tools.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I took the top of the battery of, straightened the connector

Sounds like an easy fix to try. Will keep that in mind

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I took the top of the battery of, straightened the connector

Sounds like an easy fix to try. Will keep that in mind

Definitely worth a try

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@montreal_medic It may be the usb holster. As with my second Heated jacket I started to notice that the battery would be dead and my jacket would only light up for a second. I just tried to use the 12v 4Ah to charge my tablet that is connected to the PB360 and the battery would not work. When I put in the FL12 it worked fine….

This even happened before with guys from work, I would give them a fresh battery and the holster and show them how to charge their phone. I would have to take out the battery and put back in multiple times for it to work. Now that I think of it, I’m going to test and if there is a problem, I will be sending back for a new one! I’m not satisfied with the USB holster at all. IT NEEDS AN UPGRADE! (yes I know all about the hold the power button down for 10-30 seconds)

Also, with many issues to where the 12v battery sticks in tools when brand new is a problem that should have been addressed here on BTP. I’m still hearing about new 12v batteries getting stuck and people having to file parts off. This must be changed!

I love and trust my Bosch tools thats why I write this post so plainly. Let’s get it fixed on the next version please!!

A Working Pro since 2004

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

hmm have to say I have had no issues with mine. I am still running some 1.X but saying this they are used in the shop at home and not daily on the job.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

hmm have to say I have had no issues with mine. I am still running some 1.X but saying this they are used in the shop at home and not daily on the job.

Hey, nice to see you!

My issue is with the 12v Holster and the hard fit sometimes. Unscrewing the case and the connection issues has been cumbersome.

I’ve seen posts by others that the 12v has been sticky in the usb holster, possible other tools. One fits, one doesn’t. Strange to me

K, had to edit! Really nice to see you. I’d rather hear what you’ve been up to then talk 12v but if that is what brings you around. I’m game. 😉

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.309 seconds