dcsimg

Issues with Bosch 12v Batteries

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Do any of you have issues with the Bosch 12v batteries? I now have three 2.0 batteries that will not charge at all.

I never registered them, so I dont get whatever benefits that does, but Im over the stated 90 day limit.

I did not store them empty, or screw with them, I just used them in my heated jacket and plugged them into the charger when they went dry.

Thats three dead batteries, none of which are all that old (I only got into 12v about 18 months ago, but I dont keep track of which specific ones were bought when)

Im pretty pissed, because Im running low on functioning batteries and I dont really want to buy new ones already.

Anyone else have issues? Is there anything that can be done?

Eric

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

No issues with my 12V batteries. Mind you I only use them in my FL12 and PS41.

Have you tried to fully discharge them in the freezer?

Put them in the freezer for a day
    take them out, wrap in a towel for a day (so the condensation is soaked up)
    then try to charge them

I do this with laptop battery packs and it works about 75% of the time.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

All of mine get rotated pretty frequently and I’ve got no problems with them at all.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Most of mine are about 8 year old ones that are 1.3 ah and have never had a problem with them. They are actually still working great.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I thought they have 1 year warranty on them, and registering doesn’t extend it. I guess you should try the warranty route before cracking them open to see if you can find the problem.

Doobie

I had one of mine be erratic. Worked in some tools, but not in others. Called Bosch and they sent me a new one and I kept the bad one and have it marked for selected use now. I think as long as you have a tool registered that came with them in the past 2 years they are good to go.

I thought they have 1 year warranty on them, and registering doesn’t extend it. I guess you should try the warranty route before cracking them open to see if you can find the problem.

I have no idea how old they are, since I dont date the individual ones. I have some under a month old, and others that date back 18 months, with a bunch in between. No idea which this is

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have no idea how old they are, since I dont date the individual ones. I have some under a month old, and others that date back 18 months, with a bunch in between. No idea which this is

Actually I think if you register the tool, batteries are warrantied for 2 years, so you’d be under that regardless.

Doobie

Actually I think if you register the tool, batteries are warrantied for 2 years, so you’d be under that regardless.

That’s maybe the big question. Did you register any tool that came with them.

They don’t track the batteries specific to each tool by what I gathered when I dealt with them on this.

That’s maybe the big question. Did you register any tool that came with them.

They don’t track the batteries specific to each tool by what I gathered when I dealt with them on this.

Nope. None. Kept receipts but never realized the 90 day limit

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Well it doesn’t hurt to register now and call them to ask. I know it’s definitely possible to chose a purchase date that far back on the registration page.

Doobie

Well it doesn’t hurt to register now and call them to ask. I know it’s definitely possible to chose a purchase date that far back on the registration page.

But if you register a tool beyond 30 days they curb you on the warranty period. That’s why now whenever I get a new tool I call it in right away rather than wait.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

But if you register a tool beyond 30 days they curb you on the warranty period. That’s why now whenever I get a new tool I call it in right away rather than wait.

Hmm that sucks, I’ve never had to use warranty before but it’s good to know.

So Im on hold with customer support right now

She can’t understand that its a battery. Keeps asking me what tool?

I now have to fax in the receipt (no problem) as well as the receipt for WHATEVER tool I bought around that time, since batteries MUST be associated to a tool (even though I bought them just as batteries)

No idea if she ever understood me. Kept repeating “what tool? what tool?” no matter how many times I said “the tools are all ok, its the batteries that are shot, and they were bought separately ”

I hate dealing with call centres

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Hey at least you are getting somewhere.

Am I though?

I sent in the email (took 15 minutes on hold for her to let me do that instead of email) and Im not sure what the next steps were. I just wanted to get the hell off the line after all that time with her.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Am I though?

I sent in the email (took 15 minutes on hold for her to let me do that instead of email) and Im not sure what the next steps were. I just wanted to get the hell off the line after all that time with her.

At least she didn’t tell you outright you are SOL.

Doobie

So Im on hold with customer support right now

She can’t understand that its a battery. Keeps asking me what tool?

I now have to fax in the receipt (no problem) as well as the receipt for WHATEVER tool I bought around that time, since batteries MUST be associated to a tool (even though I bought them just as batteries)

No idea if she ever understood me. Kept repeating “what tool? what tool?” no matter how many times I said “the tools are all ok, its the batteries that are shot, and they were bought separately ”

I hate dealing with call centres

Hate to say it, but when I called about my pooched battery a few months ago it went real fast. But I suppose it’s because they could see my drills all registered with them in advance on their screen.

For three to go so quickly I’d be concerned about a bad charger.

For three to go so quickly I’d be concerned about a bad charger.

Hope not. I have three different ones in use and dont know which it might be

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.292 seconds