dcsimg

Is there such a thing as Bosch cordless rotary tool?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’ve come onto some applications that a corded tool is a pain to use and precision is very important. My experience with Dremel (4000) is that they tend to have quite a bit of shaft runout. Since I already have a lot of Bosch batteries, I’m wondering if there is such a thing, available elsewhere in the world?

(I’m aware of Proxxon tools, but I need the dremel compatible accessory collar to thread onto attachments)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Good find on the web .But Of course there is as usually there not in North America @jponto07 .

Always willing to learn .

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yes there is…12v/10,8 platform.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Professional-Cordless-Lithium-Batteries/dp/B00KNR6WFW

Thanks, shot in the dark managed to hit something. 😀

Now I’ll have to go find out if the collar is compatible with dremel and a good price for it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Good find on the web .But Of course there is as usually there not in North America @jponto07 .

It can be found here…I believe there is a member or two who own it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Consider Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de, I find that their shipping is significantly better than Toolstop (I used them to get my Bosch rotary tool.)

The Bosch has a huge advantage over the Dremel: It has constant speed motor electronics. I find that its pretty hard to load down even if you really push it. It works even better with the 4ah battery.

Below is a video from higw65 from the Bosch Powertools Germany forum comparing a Dremel 8200 against the Bosch GRO. The only thing the Dremel has over it is a motor brake and the quick change system.

Edit: Yes the little threaded collar is compatible with the Dremel. I’ve tested it with various Dremel accessories including the plunge router base.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Thanks, I’d take constant speed control over brake any day. Although it’s strange that Dremel does have it on the 4000 series but not 8200.

Amazon UK price for the Bosch is literally three times the 8200 here though, so I’ll have to wait and see if it comes down a bit.

@jzmtl Amazon.de has it going for 100 USD as a bare tool. Its about the same as a 8200 in USD for me. That was originally why I went with the Bosch rotary tool over the Dremel, I might as well have the 30 minute charge time on the Bosch batteries.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes there is…12v/10,8 platform.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Professional-Cordless-Lithium-Batteries/dp/B00KNR6WFW

Definitely more heavy duty than my Dremel tool. Thank you for the link Jon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl Amazon.de has it going for 100 USD as a bare tool. Its about the same as a 8200 in USD for me. That was originally why I went with the Bosch rotary tool over the Dremel, I might as well have the 30 minute charge time on the Bosch batteries.

Oh that’s not bad, I’ll have to take a look. 8200 is about same on amazon.ca but comes with two batteries. Then again I have Bosch batteries and chargers so it doesn’t matter that much.

That little unit has some good power over that Dremel in that video clip .

Always willing to learn .

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That little unit has some good power over that Dremel in that video clip .

Yeah the Dremel 8220 actually has a tiny motor if you think about it. My 4000 is over 8″ long, a Mastercrap 3000 knock off is 7″, and that’s all motor. The 8220 is 6″ according to official spec, consider the 12v battery is 3″ by itself, there isn’t a lot of space left for the motor.

The Bosch seems to be about 2″ longer so motor is much bigger.

@jzmtl

I’ve successfully pushed HSS 1/4″ straight cutter bits in the Bosch rotary tool at 1.5D for the axial depth. I heard the motor slow down but I was more worried about the bit more than anything else.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@jzmtl,
    Check your local CTC they have the Bosch corded one on line, Product #54-7138-4.
    Just not the cordless model.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone on here had one last year, Can’t remember who. I’ll search to see if I can find out

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I couldn’t find it on Amazon.ca

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I couldn’t find it on Amazon.ca

eBay has them for $99 plus $28 overseas shipping. I bought one. I’ve dealt with the seller before.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

eBay has them for $99 plus $28 overseas shipping. I bought one. I’ve dealt with the seller before.

S. Korean seller with good feedback rating has one for ~$110, with free shipping. If I didn’t have the M12 one, I’d be tempted.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.392 seconds