dcsimg

Is the equipment they use for drain repair is safe?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey Guys,

I work in a supermarket in Toronto. Last week, I bought an old apartment in Toronto. The apartment has some minor plumbing leakages. We plan to renovate it before moving here. So currently, I’m in search of a plumbing and renovation service. While discussing with my friends, one of them suggested a drain repair service in Toronto(https://www.advancedplumbing.ca/drains/drain-repair/). They have done plumbing service for him, and he is very much impressed by their work.

So I plan to consult them. Before that, I would like to know about the plumbing repair charges. Has anyone done plumbing repair recently? Is the equipment they use for drain repair is safe? Please share the details.

Thanks!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

what specific plumbing related questions are you inquiring about? It’s going to be difficult to answer “plumbing charges” since it’s locale specific and it’s impossible to determine equipment safety a lot depends on the person using it. In other words, a full size powered drain snake is safe when used by a pro but probably not by a novice you not only risk bodily injury but also may damage your drains.

what specific plumbing related questions are you inquiring about? It’s going to be difficult to answer “plumbing charges” since it’s locale specific and it’s impossible to determine equipment safety a lot depends on the person using it. In other words, a full size powered drain snake is safe when used by a pro but probably not by a novice you not only risk bodily injury but also may damage your drains.

Exactly , great points , if you can be more specific , I work with plumbers in the shop , I can ask them for you , are you talking about clearing up Root’s in French drains , or trying to clean up years of greese /sludge in the main drain , or something else like toilet blocked or sinks ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Before that, I would like to know about the plumbing repair charges.

what charges? who’s charges? what is the amount of the charges? what is the charge for?

Is the equipment they use for drain repair is safe?

what equipment? whose equipment?

Please share the details.

what details? details of what?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

If you are thinking about a drain cleaning machine, they are safe unless you have very old cast iron that has rusted. If the pipe is in poor shape, it can scrape through it. While this may sound bad, if the pipe is that bad, it will probably catch debris in the pipe and cause problems anyway. It is better to find out the pipe is corroded during a cleaning than when you have a few inches of water in your house from it failing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.324 seconds