dcsimg

Introduce Yourself V2

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,017 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Welcome to BTP.

KenW
    Pro

Welcome to BTP yella

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Welcome to BTP yella

About time you got back here @KenW.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Welcome to BTP yella

What??? You go on a European vacation???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Welcome to BTP yella

Welcome back KenW

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

KenW
    Pro

Thanks guys

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks guys

You’re welcome,,,, where the heck you go to??? Did you get locked up over seas??

Dirty

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Hey BTP! I just wanted to jump back on the intro thread and let you guys know that I am back on the forum and looking to jump right back into things. I am sure things have changed since I haven’t been around much. I did some searching but couldnt find threads about the recent happenings of BTP. Can anyone help me out? I see we have some new moderators that seem to be doing a great job! Looking forward to getting back in the swing of BTP. Believe it or not I missed it a little!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Hey, YEAH! Welcome back @KenW and @jim_hunt17

A Working Pro since 2004

KenW
    Pro

Thanks guys

You’re welcome,,,, where the heck you go to??? Did you get locked up over seas??

Didn’t go nowhere. Took a little break is all.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Welcome back Jim H.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@jim_hunt17,
    Welcome from north of the border. You would think being a Mod that you would get bugged to jump in once and a while?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

monman1
    Pro

Welcome back Jim H!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I was a little surprised to see I was still a moderator. I never moderated much so if I stay a moderator great, if not still the best page on the WWW!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I can see it from way out here,,Moderator right under your name.

Dirty

Thanks for the prompt hello DirtyWhiteBoy.

A little about me. Grew up around woodworking with my Dad building various items from toys to desks and finishing a basement. Did not have time for it for many years and now with two kids and a wife, trying to find a hobby for myself even though I still don’t have any time! 🙂
    My background is information technology / security, and being an engineer, I enjoy researching everything to death before pulling the trigger on a purchase. As I have applied my thought process to the tool industry over the last year by reading various forums such as this one, these manufacturers have some shared areas of “interoperability” but then there are areas where they go proprietary. Festool comes to mind first of course, followed by batteries in general – my goodness what a nightmare. Thus the questions I asked in my first post about the Bosch router base and its interoperability with other routers.

I have started my foray into woodworking by maintaining that I will not own a table saw. I know they are to be respected and you should not get hurt if you are smart about using one – and I respect those opinions in that regard. I just don’t have the room to dedicate to using a full size cabinet saw.
    Near term plans are to build some garage cabinets for storage, some Paulk station of some sort, and then move into some furniture for outdoors.

I was pleased to find this forum through various Internet searches and from what i have observed in the threads I have read, everyone here is quite pleasant, sharing, and encouraging.

Thanks for the prompt hello DirtyWhiteBoy.

A little about me. Grew up around woodworking with my Dad building various items from toys to desks and finishing a basement. Did not have time for it for many years and now with two kids and a wife, trying to find a hobby for myself even though I still don’t have any time! :-)
    My background is information technology / security, and being an engineer, I enjoy researching everything to death before pulling the trigger on a purchase. As I have applied my thought process to the tool industry over the last year by reading various forums such as this one, these manufacturers have some shared areas of “interoperability” but then there are areas where they go proprietary. Festool comes to mind first of course, followed by batteries in general – my goodness what a nightmare. Thus the questions I asked in my first post about the Bosch router base and its interoperability with other routers.

I have started my foray into woodworking by maintaining that I will not own a table saw. I know they are to be respected and you should not get hurt if you are smart about using one – and I respect those opinions in that regard. I just don’t have the room to dedicate to using a full size cabinet saw.
    Near term plans are to build some garage cabinets for storage, some Paulk station of some sort, and then move into some furniture for outdoors.

I was pleased to find this forum through various Internet searches and from what i have observed in the threads I have read, everyone here is quite pleasant, sharing, and encouraging.

Welcome from a fellow IT Toolaholic!

The FSN rails with a router will replace a lot of dados, and the older series rails (the 70/140- length in CM, the new ones are named by length in MM at 800 and 1600) will fit the base of the 18V Bosch circular saw. I imported the rails, connectors, and the adaptor to use the old rail with a router. My TS (the small compact) still gets used, but nowhere near as often. I sold my big TS due to lack of space, and feel I have fully adapted to life without it. Smaller pieces on the GTS1031, sheet goods on the “track saw”

monman1
    Pro

Welcome to BTP Scott!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Welcome to BTP Scott. You will find we are a friendly bunch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Welcome to BTP Scott and welcome back Jim !

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,017 total)
  • The topic ‘Introduce Yourself V2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.354 seconds