dcsimg

Introduce Yourself V2

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,017 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I’m told this is the thread where I should introduce myself so here it goes..

I’ve been visiting BTP for a year or so and it seems like such a friendly community I figured I would join. I’ll warn you up front, I’m not a pro .. but for what it’s worth I’m a fairly hard core DIY’r. I’ve put down around 4K sq’ of tile, renovated a couple near-teardown repo’s from the studs up and most recently put up 400′ of wood fencing. I’m the go-to guy for building, fixing in my family, neighbourhood and friend group.. .even though I spend most days behind a desk ‘hammering away’ on a keyboard. My next project is a 24×32 garage/workshop and eventually I hope to buy some land and build my own home.

I suspect I have something in common with a bunch of forum members.. I’ve recently caught the Bosch bug after years of using a hodgepodge of lower end Dewalt, Porter Cable and HF tools. The $50 off $200 fathers day deal was just too tempting… I’ve started on what my GF calls the “Tower of Bosch”… lots of 18v goodness in there.

Thanks for having me on such a cool, informative forum!

Welcome to BTP. Sounds like you keep busy enough. Your right , its a good site and has some great folks that hang around here. Careful though, as that stack grows , so does the desire for more.

Thanks @Siberian !

Man, I totally understand.. I originally planned to just buy a new drill and saw. So many possibilities..!

@onecaribou welcome to BTP, great place, hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the place @onecaribou Since you say you’ve been around for a year you probably already know the rules but I’ll ask you to check this out anyway, Thanks and enjoy http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-rules-of-bethepro-please-read-before-posting/

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Welcome Eric and remember; we love pictures.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

@onecaribou Welcome to BTP! Also, you have the best first name EVER! Just kidding. Lots of good people and information here.

Welcome to the place @onecaribou Since you say you’ve been around for a year you probably already know the rules but I’ll ask you to check this out anyway, Thanks and enjoy http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-rules-of-bethepro-please-read-before-posting/

Yes sir, on it.

@onecaribou Welcome to BTP! Also, you have the best first name EVER! Just kidding. Lots of good people and information here.

Hahaha. I’m feeling at home already. 🙂

@onecaribou welcome to BTP, great place, hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Welcome Eric and remember; we love pictures.

Thanks guys! I’ve attached a couple before and after shots of a rehab we did on my brothers ( him in pic) place. It was a foreclosed wreck when he got ahold of it. Water damage everywhere. I think it turned out nice.

Added a few more pics of my tile work.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

Welcome to the forum @onecaribou! I have joined this forum not that long ago myself.

BryanT

Welcome to the forum @onecaribou! I have joined this forum not that long ago myself.

Thanks @BryanT !

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Welcome Caribou.

Nice clean work in those pics.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

Thanks @BryanT !

You are welcome. Thanks for posting nice pics.

BryanT

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Doug and Im new to the site. Was introduced to it by Mattyyc. I have been refinishing/installing hardwood floors for around 8 years now. I recently opened my own company.

I know a lot about refinishing hardwood, however, there is tonne of stuff I want to learn. I have a lot of questions for ppl that have been doing it longer than me or just use different techniques that may work better. I also feel I have a lot of knowledge that could help others.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Welcome to BTP Doug.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks @BryanT !

Great pics! Good work. Keep ’em coming. Good to have you here.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Doug and Im new to the site. Was introduced to it by Mattyyc. I have been refinishing/installing hardwood floors for around 8 years now. I recently opened my own company.

I know a lot about refinishing hardwood, however, there is tonne of stuff I want to learn. I have a lot of questions for ppl that have been doing it longer than me or just use different techniques that may work better. I also feel I have a lot of knowledge that could help others.

Greetings Doug and welcome to BTP! I am looking forward to your contributions – I don’t think we have any other active refinishing guys so you will be filling a void in our expertise so to speak.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Hello Everyone,

Welcome, Doug, I look forward to seeing some of your work.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to BTP Doug ! I was just looking at my ugly hardwood floor and thinking about sanding it down and refinishing it , Looking forward to any tips you can give .

monman1
    Pro

Welcome to BTP Caribou and Doug!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Thanks @BryanT !

Great pics! Good work. Keep ’em coming. Good to have you here.

yes sir, great intro and pics onecaribou

Hello Everyone,

Did my first floors on a rental about 2 years ago. Wished you were here then.

Sorry, should have started with a welcome to BTP

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hi All,

I’m told this is the thread where I should introduce myself so here it goes..

I’ve been visiting BTP for a year or so and it seems like such a friendly community I figured I would join. I’ll warn you up front, I’m not a pro .. but for what it’s worth I’m a fairly hard core DIY’r. I’ve put down around 4K sq’ of tile, renovated a couple near-teardown repo’s from the studs up and most recently put up 400′ of wood fencing. I’m the go-to guy for building, fixing in my family, neighbourhood and friend group.. .even though I spend most days behind a desk ‘hammering away’ on a keyboard. My next project is a 24×32 garage/workshop and eventually I hope to buy some land and build my own home.

I suspect I have something in common with a bunch of forum members.. I’ve recently caught the Bosch bug after years of using a hodgepodge of lower end Dewalt, Porter Cable and HF tools. The $50 off $200 fathers day deal was just too tempting… I’ve started on what my GF calls the “Tower of Bosch”… lots of 18v goodness in there.

Thanks for having me on such a cool, informative forum!

@onecaribou,
    Welcome Eric,
    If you been sitting in the wings for a year, you know that this is one of the best Pro sites out on the interweb. I like your “Tower of Bosch”
    Sit down and enjoy yourself.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,017 total)
  • The topic ‘Introduce Yourself V2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.597 seconds