dcsimg

Interior painting

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I got one cot of paint first is he’d last night around 7or so. Painting a second coat this morning so I can start on painting the door frame trim and base boards.

Doobie

I always do trim first as well then finish off with the roller.

I tend to do my final trim coat with a brush. No worries about splatter and I like the brushed on look better for trim.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Finally finish. Might have to do a 2nd.coat of paint on trim around the doors.

Looks good @hojo04 I see full coverage from the pictures you posted . Nice shade of blue you picked to .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finally finish. Might have to do a 2nd.coat of paint on trim around the doors.

Looking really good. Nice job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks. It’s actually supposed to be a really light grey but the lighting makes it look like a bluish shade. You can tell it does not match the color of the countertops LOL. I hope my girlfriend will like this color. We both picked out the color but I did not think and be like this.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looking good hojo04

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Looks like it went well. You ready to paint some more Howard? I know after even an amount like that I’m tired of painting for a while. And I like painting!

@hojo04 looking really good,
    A little bit of hard work goes a long way. , keep up the great work.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks. Readd to paint more @doobie? No lol. It tokk longer than I thought. I give a big kudos to anyone who sands and paints inside houses for a living. I did all the painting by myself. Is it perfect? No, but it looks better than the other color that was on the walls.

Thanks. It’s actually supposed to be a really light grey but the lighting makes it look like a bluish shade. You can tell it does not match the color of the countertops LOL. I hope my girlfriend will like this color. We both picked out the color but I did not think and be like this.

Hi it’s only paint . In 6 months you don’t like it you can paint it to match your countertops or new color lol .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Is it perfect? No, but it looks better than the other color that was on the walls.

From your pics it looks good. What don’t you like about it ? Does it need another coat ? or is something you missed in your prep show up ?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We both picked out the color but I did not think and be like this.

BTDT the only way to see what the color will look like is to actually put it on a wall. The color samples at the store in my opinion are close bu not always right.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

BTDT the only way to see what the color will look like is to actually put it on a wall. The color samples at the store in my opinion are close bu not always right.

Lighting makes a hung difference in some colors.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Very true, the lighting in the paint Store, and the light at your house from the natural light coming in the window and the lights make a difference,

I always use two coats of paint also.
    Regardless if I use primer or not.

Doobie

Very true, the lighting in the paint Store, and the light at your house from the natural light coming in the window and the lights make a difference,

I’ve had it where we had started a paint job and realized we didn’t like the colour and decided to start over with another color. My shop inherited the leftovers for its ceiling. I didn’t mind the color myself, but wifey didn’t like it once it was going on. I didn’t complain as I know from past experience to not just endure a color you don’t like and seeing it for years to come. Been there, done that before.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

All true. Here’s a bit of maybe useless knowledge…. If you trim the white border off of the store chip sample you actually can get a better feel for the color both in store and at home

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I like what I have done. Wish we went with a darker color. I can’t wait to what my girlfriend says about it lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wish we went with a darker color

Darker colors tend to suck up the light and make the room feel smaller. With a lighter color on the wall you have more light in the room.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like what I have done. Wish we went with a darker color. I can’t wait to what my girlfriend says about it lol.

So what did she say . Paint over it agin lol or she loves it ha ha .

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.536 seconds