dcsimg

Interior painting

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

My size is the one on the middle one 4inches.

Well I got the ceiling painted this evening. A little more sanding on the door frame and a couple of other things and the walls will be ready for primer tomorrow.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice progress. Keep up the good work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks. I tried to take a pic of the ceiling but you cant tell in the pics so I didn’t post them.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Well I finally got 1 coat of primer. I wanted to do 2 coats but I’m running out of timwhen I put the primer on I’m getting spot where I put it on light and you can see my strokes. Will paint do the same thing? I’m worrid thst this paint jog will not go.as smooth as I thought. Here are a few pics before and after primer.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

The paint you are using is it paint and primer in one can for the Finally coat on those walls . Or you have them separate cans .

Always willing to learn .

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

The paint you are using is it paint and primer in one can for the Finally coat on those walls . Or you have them separate cans .

The paint does have primer in it. I used Kiln primer. DI’d I not put enough primer on the roller? Will this do the same when I paid t?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks to me like the primer was put on kinda thin but primer is thin. Paint will go on different.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Looks to me like the primer was put on kinda thin but primer is thin. Paint will go on different.

That’s what I was wondering. Is there a certain way/motion you paint with a roller?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s what I was wondering. Is there a certain way/motion you paint with a roller?

Well kind of. You want to keep even coats with overlapping strokes. Usually I do a W pattern. Then back coat up and down to even out. Trying to eliminate any stopping points.
    You didn’t put nearly enough primer on with your first coat. But it should be OK.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Watch out for leaving edge line streaks using a roller. They can radiate thru the paint you’ll apply afterwards.

Here’s a trick for you. Wrap your roller in saran wrap overnite instead of cleaning it each nite. Make sure you leave no air pockets and press the saran well against the roller fibers. The next day, you just peel off the saran and get to work. I’ve used a roller up to a week wrapped lioe that between sessions. I do this with my brushes too although if paint has already dried on the brush, it’s best to clean it instead.

If you start to see little dry paint crudies imbedded on your surface because you didn’t seal the roller properly or left it for too long, stop and clean the roller or get a new one. You don’t want to leave a trial of dried paint cruddies on your surface.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Sounds like I’m OK with the primer. Should I do a second coat of primer or will I be OK the way it is and just start painting?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I would start painting.

Ron

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I soon appreciate everye’so input. One concern I have is should I paint with the roller first and brush afterwards at ceiling, around door frames, cabinets or do through trim painting first?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I trim first.

Ron

I usually trim first, I always do my trim, baseboard and Window frames, ceiling, then mask my trim, then paint the walls, but I use the brush to trim the corners, walls ceiling then roll. And how Ron mentioned, and always use the handle side as my lead, this way I don’t create paint lines.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks guyz.

The paint does have primer in it. I used Kiln primer. DI’d I not put enough primer on the roller? Will this do the same when I paid t?

If you primed already . And now using paint and primer you should be good it’s a thicker paint so hiding of those spots should go away .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

Strange, I more or less paint trim last!

I’ll pre-paint trim before installing, paint my ceilings, then walls, and go back to the trim for their final coat.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I always do trim first as well then finish off with the roller.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.282 seconds