dcsimg

Interior painting

This topic contains 188 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 189 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

We got the wall paper off. We’ll top half. Look like we will have to use the scoring tool. Pics are from the nook area and border by ceiling.

This pics from this post was the before. I got the wallpaper off. Here is the after pics.

Keep at it, you will get it done, the hardest or longest part is getting the wallpaper off, the painting should be much faster.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

We got the wall paper off. We’ll top half. Look like we will have to use the scoring tool. Pics are from the nook area and border by ceiling.

This pics from this post was the before. I got the wallpaper off. Here is the after pics.

Keep at it, you will get it done, the hardest or longest part is getting the wallpaper off, the painting should be much faster.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I have to wash down the areas still. Sand and fill in some spots and sand again. Hopefully I will be ready to prime and paint in a week or two. Sucks I have to work at this little by little on weekends. I got in he grove and had to stop. Oh well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sucks I have to work at this little by little on weekends

That’s the tough part but eventually it will get done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks. I appreciate that. I have to wash down the areas still. Sand and fill in some spots and sand again. Hopefully I will be ready to prime and paint in a week or two. Sucks I have to work at this little by little on weekends. I got in he grove and had to stop. Oh well.

Before you go and prime and/or paint it, use a raking light and run your hand everywhere over it to find any imperfections that are otherwise hard to discern. This is the best time to do that.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Finally got the walls cleaned with TSP. Next week will fill in dings and holes with the dex something that is pink and dries white. on the wallpaper area and start sanding the rest of the walls and do the same with filling in dents. Slow process, but getting there.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Slow process, but getting there.

It will all pay off in the end. Sounds like slowly but surely you are getting ready to paint.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Next week I will start the work to paint the hallways, dining room, & kitchen wall (nook where frig is at) and ceiling. I haven’t been able to fill in divots, scratches, and dings yet so I feel like I’m behind some. I have 6 1/2 days to do everything (3 nights after work (1 night closing or I’ll loose 4hrs) and 4 days off work) done and be ready for family to come back.

How long do you wait for paint to dry before adding a second coat on walls?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Manufactures list drying times on the can. They are the recommended times. If in a rush you could re-coat when dry to touch.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Manufactures list drying times on the can. They are the recommended times. If in a rush you could re-coat when dry to touch.

Your right Ron. Varies o so many conditions. Like food labeling, no one answer.

Doobie
    Pro

Your right Ron. Varies o so many conditions. Like food labeling, no one answer.

The more humid it is in the air, the longer it takes typically. Don’t wait weeks between coats. Once you pass the cure time listed on the label, you can run into issues with coats peeling.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize it had that info on the can. I wasn’t going to wait weeks when I have days to have this done.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s basically what I do to Ron,

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I hope to start this project tomorrow night. I do have a question. I have a door that hits the wall when opening to go out to garage/head downstairs to basement and I was wondering what you would recommend to use a stopper. The ones that screw in the wall/door or a pad that stick to the wall? My opinion I like the wall pad , but the wall I would put it on is a ball that I will be painting. See the pic below of the ones I’m getting your opinion on.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i’d put the spring and the pad, i usually only put the spring portion on.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They also make a stop that goes on the hinge, you can adjust it, this way there is nothing on the wall of the trim.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

They also make a stop that goes on the hinge, you can adjust it, this way there is nothing on the wall of the trim.

Yes that is true Bill, they actually have a few different types of stops,
    Just browse your local big box stores, and even online you can Google different types.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Oh ok. I like the hinge one even better from the sounds of it.

I will post some pics of before, in process, and finish product. I start tonight with some sanding and filling in the dings.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

A few more pics.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@hojo04 great pictures, looking forward to seeing your transformation of your home. Guaranteed you will be happy and enjoy your hard work.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.813 seconds