dcsimg

Interior painting

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Kamster
    Pro

My girlfriend ata started to take wallpaper off. Never done this before but looks like I will have to use the DIF or hot water and vinegar and the scoring tool to get this off.

Are you using the paper tiger to perforate the wall paper. Don’t press too hard… as soon as you see the track pattern in the wall paper you are doing OK. Run that paper tiger all over the wall paper – lots of tracks are better than just a few. Whether you use the DIF or water/vinegar or steam, you have to wait a bit for the adhesive on the back of the wall paper to soften.

You can use a putty knife to get the wall paper started. If the wall paper has a good adhesive then use the putty knife to keep lifting the wall paper. Go slow – you don’t wan to gouge the dry wall. If the adhesive is poor then you should be able to pull the wall paper off in a long strip.

Its a painful process if the adhesive is good.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

My girlfriend ata started to take wallpaper off. Never done this before but looks like I will have to use the DIF or hot water and vinegar and the scoring tool to get this off.

Are you using the paper tiger to perforate the wall paper. Don’t press too hard… as soon as you see the track pattern in the wall paper you are doing OK. Run that paper tiger all over the wall paper – lots of tracks are better than just a few. Whether you use the DIF or water/vinegar or steam, you have to wait a bit for the adhesive on the back of the wall paper to soften.

You can use a putty knife to get the wall paper started. If the wall paper has a good adhesive then use the putty knife to keep lifting the wall paper. Go slow – you don’t wan to gouge the dry wall. If the adhesive is poor then you should be able to pull the wall paper off in a long strip.

In a previous post I got some wallpaper tool which I think you are referring to (paper tiger) @kamster. Thanks for the tips 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s for sure. Hopefully it is old and not on very well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

We got the wall paper off. We’ll top half. Look like we will have to use the scoring tool. Pics are from the nook area and border by ceiling.

We got the wall paper off. We’ll top half. Look like we will have to use the scoring tool. Pics are from the nook area and border by ceiling.

Well, looking good so far, keep up the good work, slow and steady, looking forward to seeing the finished painted area.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

We got the wall paper off.

Walls look good, except for that section in the corner. You’ll have to tape and blend that before prime/paint. Curious what you used…. Dif ? vinegar ? other ?

Doobie

We got the wall paper off.

Walls look good, except for that section in the corner.

It’s probably why the previous person wallpapered rather than fix those corners.

Now you’ve got something new to get your head wrapped around Howard. How to deal with those seams and corners of the drywall.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We got the wall paper off. We’ll top half.

Came out very nice. Not much to really fix either.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Its like the sick side of the wallpaper is there and that the pattern side came off if that makes any sense. I will score the remaining paper (its not drywall) and wet it down with dif or hot water and vinegar to take off he remaining paper. Then I plan on going over the walls and where the border is at with the pink filler that dries white to fill anything holes, dins, divots from the tool and scrapper.

Doobie

Its like the sick side of the wallpaper is there and that the pattern side came off if that makes any sense. I will score the remaining paper (its not drywall)

My mistake. I thought the vertical lines were unfinished drywall seams.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Its like the sick side of the wallpaper is there and that the pattern side came off if that makes any sense. I will score the remaining paper (its not drywall)

The pictures didn’t come out as good as I would of liked them. I hope everyone understand what I was trying to get at. I could be wrong with the paper still on, but it looks like paper to as I can peel small pieces off. First time doing wallpaper lol.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The pictures didn’t come out as good as I would of liked them. I hope everyone understand what I was trying to get at. I could be wrong with the paper still on, but it looks like paper to as I can peel small pieces off. First time doing wallpaper lol.

You shouldn’t have to score that. The only time you really need to score is the top layer ( if it’s not dry strippable) to get the solution to the glue. What you have left should come off easy.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

@SPROKITZ It’s coming off in pieces so that’s why I was going to score the rest.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I am working on my wallpaper and as I wanted it down to scrape it off I seen this. Should I be concerned or what should I do?

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Here is a couple more pictures of the wall behind the wallpaper. It almost looks like something stuck to the drywall and the wallpaper over it this is the before picture number one after taking the wallpaper off is number two.

My next question is how do I clear off down on the bottom of the edge of what shown in picture 3?

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

Looks like possibly mastic(adhesive) for paneling or wainscoting that was on the walls at some point. Nothing to worry about, chip it off the wall if it stands proud, otherwise get the rest of that paper off and get some primer on those walls.

Is that where the wall meets the floor you’re showing in pic 3? Probably need to score it with a utility knife and scrape to the intersection, or get it to a point where the baseboard will cover it and be done.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

No there is a engender omega counter toplease that the paper meets

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

This pics from this post was the before. I got the wallpaper off. Here is the after pics.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Coming along pretty nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.609 seconds