dcsimg

Interesting things we see.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

IIRC that would have been @mrfid He had a couple of struggles with the build but it came out really well.

Here’s the link https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/woodgears-bandsaw-blog/

That’s correct. It was me haha!

My bandsaw is done. I added covers for everything to keep dust to a minimum. Here’s a project summary that I posted on another woodworking website:

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/343953

There are final pictures there with the covers and whatnot. To be honest, I love my bandsaw. I use it at least weekly. it functions perfectly, and I can cut curves or resaw whatever has come my way on it.

My recent hair-brained idea is to build myself a kayak out of wood. I am blogging that process as well here:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/strip-built-kayak-build/

I haven’t updated in a little while since I’ve had a bunch of other projects going on, but I hope to get back to it soon.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve seen this brand of blade twice in the last 24 hours and have thought it was an interesting idea – reversible circular saw blades… what do you think? My first reaction was how cool, you get two blades for just over the price of one, but then I started thinking about how wood residues build up on saws as you use them and now I’m not so sure it would save you all that much…what do you all think? Yesterday I saw a 10” size, then today was a typical framing blade.

Charlie

Instagram

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Soooooo, you are only using 12 teeth at a time? 1/2 the cutting presence?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

No! There are two cutting edges – one on either side of the metal part of each tooth. So two pieces of carbide facing opposite directions. 24 teeth whichever way you face the blade. And that’s on the 7 1/4” blade.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve seen this brand of blade twice in the last 24 hours and have thought it was an interesting idea – reversible circular saw blades… what do you think? My first reaction was how cool, you get two blades for just over the price of one, but then I started thinking about how wood residues build up on saws as you use them and now I’m not so sure it would save you all that much…what do you all think? Yesterday I saw a 10” size, then today was a typical framing blade.

I’ve never seen that on a circular saw blade? I wonder how it would work.

Doobie

These new pop dispensers are so cool. The kid at a Firehouse Subs tonite was showing me how it works today. Up to 500 different pops/juice drinks. They use flavour cartridges that can mix a single type drink from up to 7 different cartridges and dispense the sugars from a different large reservoir. The unit carbonates the filtered water as necessary in different intensities depending on the drink requested.

Clev08
    Pro

No! There are two cutting edges – one on either side of the metal part of each tooth. So two pieces of carbide facing opposite directions. 24 teeth whichever way you face the blade. And that’s on the 7 1/4” blade.

Unless the reviews are amazing I don’t see myself buying one of those blades.
    I’m pretty sure the angle and position of carbide teeth are specifically chosen in a saw blade to provide maximum durability and strength over time. I would think if you ever hit a nail it would cause more damage to the backwards facing teeth because they don’t have any material behind the edge to support and strengthen it causing it to chip. Then you wouldn’t have a “new” blade when you flipped it over.

Doobie

Seems gimmickish to me. If it were a well known brand I’d maybe not think that, but I’ve never even heard of Norske.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Unless the reviews are amazing I don’t see myself buying one of those blades.
    I’m pretty sure the angle and position of carbide teeth are specifically chosen in a saw blade to provide maximum durability and strength over time. I would think if you ever hit a nail it would cause more damage to the backwards facing teeth because they don’t have any material behind the edge to support and strengthen it causing it to chip. Then you wouldn’t have a “new” blade when you flipped it over.

I hadn’t thought of that – but I don’t typically run into nails in the wood I’m cutting. Valid point though, and I wonder if the same issue might occur over time anyway as it goes through wood.

Seems gimmickish to me. If it were a well known brand I’d maybe not think that, but I’ve never even heard of Norske.

Me either. Trying to get into a tough market maybe and they needed to be different?

@dirtywhiteboy
    I’ll lrobably never buy one either unless they start getting really good reviews.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Must be a real premium recip blade at that price. Gonna have to think about this one before ordering….lol!

Attachments:
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Must be a real premium recip blade at that price. Gonna have to think about this one before ordering….lol!

Man they really stick it to you guys up north. lmao

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Man they really stick it to you guys up north. lmao

😮 Geeze I’m kinda glad I bought them last year cheaper than that 😉
    Lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If I buy 100 of these in the USA ships it to Ontario you could send all back to Amazon and refund at that price?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Jeeze, I hope no one accidentally buys one of those! What a scam.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What a classic.

Nice 64-65 Rambler American, you don’t see them out very much anymore. Nice photo, Thank you for sharing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What a classic.</blockquot

Nice looking car, to bad we don’t see as many as before,
    Looks to be in decent shape from behind

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Does it mean your old if you remember when the classic cars were new?

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

That’s not an Antique… I had one of those! Oops

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Does it mean your old if you remember when the classic cars were new?

Absolutely, positively yes !!! But I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘Interesting things we see.’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.162 seconds