dcsimg

Interesting things we see.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have calculator like thing called a Veapod. It was given to me by Great Grandma. I have had along time. I the instructions are missing some pages that were when I got. I remember showing to my Grandpa. He didn’t know much about it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The Great Canadian Concrete Toboggan Race…
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/engineer-students-concrete-toboggan-race-chicopee-1.4507193

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/engineer-students-concrete-toboggan-race-chicopee-1.4507193

Haha that’s pretty cool, even though they don’t go all that fast, I would hate to get hit by one lol.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I also have a glue applicator that has a real fine tip to inject glue into small spaces.

I have been looking for a glue applicator with a fine tip.

I got mine at either Rockler or Woodshop

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

a lot of civil engineering groups participate in a concrete canoe race here in the states

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Haha that’s pretty cool, even though they don’t go all that fast, I would hate to get hit by one lol.

Yeah that was pretty cool!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Yeah that was pretty cool!!

a lot of civil engineering groups participate in a concrete canoe race here in the states

Something Bosch should look at sponsoring are these quirky concrete related events with Bosch being so big into concrete related work and equipment.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

was a mechanic on the 109 howitzers when I was in the service

Attachments:

was a mechanic on the 109 howitzers when I was in the service

Now that looks interesting, how long did you service them.

Just received this email, interesting article on the metabo dust extractor, and the indestructible cell phone.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

Saw this on our current remodel we just started. I had heard of this technology, but never had seen it previously. It’s Kevlar strap epoxied to a block wall to stop inward bowing, pretty cool, but pretty expensive I’m guessing. Seems to have worked pretty well in this instance as it’s 4-5 yrs old and none of the cracks seem to have opened any further since.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Saw this on our current remodel we just started. I had heard of this technology, but never had seen it previously. It’s Kevlar strap epoxied to a block wall to stop inward bowing, pretty cool, but pretty expensive I’m guessing. Seems to have worked pretty well in this instance as it’s 4-5 yrs old and none of the cracks seem to have opened any further since.

a I have seen demonstrations of that. it looks pretty interesting. that stuff is really strong.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

We used that on one of our house flips. It was pricy.
    Actually what we used was carbon fiber epoxied to the wall. It didn’t have the strap like the one in your picture.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

you go for a walk here ya better eat a good breakfast nothing but step going straight to the sun sometimes I thought
    The Great Wall of China Tianjin

Attachments:

Actually what we used was carbon fiber epoxied to the wall. It didn’t have the strap like the one in your picture.

We use carbon fiber a lot at work,I even used it to make a goaler mask, definitely one of the most strongest and still flexible materials I have used, for different purposes and installations, that is a very strong fiber, I guess that strap that’s bolted to the blocking, that blocking definitely has to be lag bolted or something to keep the resistant of the stress in tack I would assume?

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

We use carbon fiber a lot at work,I even used it to make a goaler mask, definitely one of the most strongest and still flexible materials I have used, for different purposes and installations, that is a very strong fiber, I guess that strap that’s bolted to the blocking, that blocking definitely has to be lag bolted or something to keep the resistant of the stress in tack I would assume?

I don’t know really if the bolting at the top is doing much, that’s the band board of the house, so its not coming inward easily…. but besides that, if you think about as the wall bows inward, its over all length is increasing, so the fiber is being held mostly in tension, so it’s ability to not stretch is where it’s most effective here. It’s an amazing concept, whoever dreamt it up was pretty clever…
    A side note on this wall that I thought was interesting, is that’s the back wall of the garage above there, meaning that’s not your typical clay backfill, holding water and frost heaving the block wall in. It’s actually the weight of the gravel backfill and concrete slab in the garage pushing it in. Curious to know if anyone else has seen this before, this is the second one I’ve seen, but never would’ve imagined that possible.

I don’t know really if the bolting at the top is doing much, that’s the band board of the house, so its not coming inward easily…. but besides that, if you think about as the wall bows inward, its over all length is increasing, so the fiber is being held mostly in tension, so it’s ability to not stretch is where it’s most effective here. It’s an amazing concept, whoever dreamt it up was pretty clever…
    A side note on this wall that I thought was interesting, is that’s the back wall of the garage above there, meaning that’s not your typical clay backfill, holding water and frost heaving the block wall in. It’s actually the weight of the gravel backfill and concrete slab in the garage pushing it in. Curious to know if anyone else has seen this before, this is the second one I’ve seen, but never would’ve imagined that possible.

Okay gotcha, still it has to keep some sort of tension from building up,
    That being said, here in Montreal Quebec, we primarily used poured concrete, so we generally don’t see these types of issues, unless it’s a home that’s been built before the Era of the pour of concrete, which I think it’s around the 1950 to 60s, but don’t quote me on that.
    Regardless, that’s definitely cool, and something we don’t see daily.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Found this in the roof… apparently we live in the hood.

j

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I think we must be neighbors…..I picked 5 out of a roof two years ago.
    People just like to celebrate …..(with guns) I guess
    Personally, I don’t celebrate by wasting a good bullet.

Kamster
    Pro

I have calculator like thing called a Veapod. It was given to me by Great Grandma. I have had along time. I the instructions are missing some pages that were when I got. I remember showing to my Grandpa. He didn’t know much about it.

My grandfather had one of these years ago. Don’t know where it went though

Here’s some info about a similar adding machine including the instruction manual

https://www.jaapsch.net/mechcalc/pocket.htm

And the video for how it works

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘Interesting things we see.’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.743 seconds