dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,196 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

They are pretty. From what I understand the can be a nuisance in Fla. ?

They are pretty. From what I understand the can be a nuisance in Fla. ?

Yeah I’ve heard that about them also ,

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@miamicuse I don’t see anyone wearing a mask. Probably see lots of sick party people.

Kids at that age think they are invincible. And many still think this is something that effects the old and weak.

Most of these kids are from out of state, probably New England and Midwest states swamping into Florida for spring break.

My guess is that a lot have already had it and don’t think it was to bad. Many believe that once the get it they have a hall pass for 90 to 180 days or more and cannot get it again.

Last fall it really ran through the college campuses when they went back to school. Due to that my daughters school rearranged spring semester, starting it later and not giving them a spring break at avoid things like this. They did not want them to take the virus home or bring it back to campus form a trip such as these.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Last fall it really ran through the college campuses when they went back to school. Due to that my daughters school rearranged spring semester, starting it later and not giving them a spring break at avoid things like this. They did not want them to take the virus home or bring it back to campus form a trip such as these.

I am surprised because the college my son is going to had less than 5% positivity rate. I am not sure most young kids had it. Of course it’s possible they all had it but they were all asymptomatic and never tested for it.

My son’s college also cancelled spring break. They had almost five weeks off during the winter break and no spring break.

My son decided to stay home for the year instead of going back to campus. From what he told me some of his friends that went back to campus were disappointed.

They had no club activities. Whatever extra-curricular activities and gatherings were all cancelled. He was into karate, kayaking, and others and there were none of those going on.

Even academic clubs were cancelled except for the online meetings. He is in civil engineering and their annual concrete canoe contest and the light frame structure contests those are interstate collegiate contests all got cancelled because the school cancelled travel. Even though he was team leaders for those nothing happened.

Many internship opportunities, career network fair, startup challenges were also cancelled, companies not hiring.

Even they are on campus, more than half their classes were online. A room that used to seat 50 now let 15 in. The other 35 had to go back to their dorm room to watch the class on their computers. When you are in a dorm with two sharing a room, you are both attending a class online in your room, speaking and listening to different classes, so wearing a headphone is a must, and you do that for 3 hours your ear start to ache.

No sport events, or concerts, no movie nights. Not much student life.

Dining halls are closed. Instead of eating in, you go to the dinning hall and pick either ham and cheese, turkey club or vegetarian sandwiches in a box. Pick up a can or two of soda or bottled water. That’s your meal to go and eat back in your room. The menu is very limited. No socializing, no getting together.

Kind of miserable.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am surprised because the college my son is going to had less than 5% positivity rate. I am not sure most young kids had it. Of course it’s possible they all had it but they were all asymptomatic and never tested for it.

My son’s college also cancelled spring break. They had almost five weeks off during the winter break and no spring break.

My son decided to stay home for the year instead of going back to campus. From what he told me some of his friends that went back to campus were disappointed.

They had no club activities. Whatever extra-curricular activities and gatherings were all cancelled. He was into karate, kayaking, and others and there were none of those going on.

Even academic clubs were cancelled except for the online meetings. He is in civil engineering and their annual concrete canoe contest and the light frame structure contests those are interstate collegiate contests all got cancelled because the school cancelled travel. Even though he was team leaders for those nothing happened.

Many internship opportunities, career network fair, startup challenges were also cancelled, companies not hiring.

Even they are on campus, more than half their classes were online. A room that used to seat 50 now let 15 in. The other 35 had to go back to their dorm room to watch the class on their computers. When you are in a dorm with two sharing a room, you are both attending a class online in your room, speaking and listening to different classes, so wearing a headphone is a must, and you do that for 3 hours your ear start to ache.

No sport events, or concerts, no movie nights. Not much student life.

Dining halls are closed. Instead of eating in, you go to the dinning hall and pick either ham and cheese, turkey club or vegetarian sandwiches in a box. Pick up a can or two of soda or bottled water. That’s your meal to go and eat back in your room. The menu is very limited. No socializing, no getting together.

Kind of miserable.

my daughter had similar experiences. she stayed at school, but half of everything was online.

Her internship for this summer has been taken online. She was really excited to go into an office environment to work. now she will be working from home. They gave her a special project with another intern. They had 8 options to preference and she got her top pick so she is happy about that.

I will be glad when things get back to a little more normal.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yesterday I found a good deal on 2 x 4 x 10 on Facebook Marketplace. Looks like I have source for some lumber. This has small shop where he makes moldings for customers.

He informed me that he does moldings for to local sawmills. In the past he has made tables and cabinets etc. I got a tour of his shop. He showed me 4 sided molder in more detail. I had great visit with him. It always nice to when you run into somebody that shares similar interests as you do. Makes it a added bonus.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like I have source for some lumber. This has small shop where he makes moldings for customers.

Nice you found a good place for lumber. Half the battle is finding sources.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yesterday I found a good deal on 2 x 4 x 10 on Facebook Marketplace. Looks like I have source for some lumber. This has small shop where he makes moldings for customers.

He informed me that he does moldings for to local sawmills. In the past he has made tables and cabinets etc. I got a tour of his shop. He showed me 4 sided molder in more detail. I had great visit with him. It always nice to when you run into somebody that shares similar interests as you do. Makes it a added bonus.

That’s always good , especially since it’s local and very similar interests

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Stumbled on this today. Maybe some better prices in the future for lumber.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s always good , especially since it’s local and very similar interests

Yes I thought it was good to know where a person good moldings and lumber. This guy can make custom molding also. He does carry a variety of species of lumber.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks like I have source for some lumber. This has small shop where he makes moldings for customers.

Nice you found a good place for lumber. Half the battle is finding sources.

It is nice I found another source for lumber. He does carry alot of species of lumber. Right now he is having selling it as fast as he brings it in. Your right half the battle is finding good sources. Honestly I have some other people selling lumber. But the prices are expensive.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am really impressed with my Veritas Band aids. Today was the first time I used one. I had a small cut on my finger and I didn’t want to get it infected. While ripping out the ceiling of my workshop. I have never had a band aid stay on my finger all day before. I put my gloves on and off all day, washed my several times and had shower. This bad boy stayed put.

Greg

I am really impressed with my Veritas Band aids. Today was the first time I used one. I had a small cut on my finger and I didn’t want to get it infected. While ripping out the ceiling of my workshop. I have never had a band aid stay on my finger all day before. I put my gloves on and off all day, washed my several times and had shower. This bad boy stayed put.

Good to hear , I’ll definitely see if I can get those to

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I added few pictures of items I found in the Attic of the Workshop. There is some kind of a with no bottom. Not sure exactly what it is for. There is Tire and rim for moped or bicycle. There is brake set up like a motorcycle. This a picture of a panel that was used in the ceiling. Looks like it came from a crate.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is nice I found another source for lumber. He does carry alot of species of lumber. Right now he is having selling it as fast as he brings it in.

There used to be a lot of local small saw mills near me but as of late a lot of them have closed. Their lumber was nice local pine and it was straight, but they found it hard to compete and closed up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I opened my pool yesterday , my wife and daughter sent me pictures of the birds in the pool , guess they are happy lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It is nice I found another source for lumber. He does carry alot of species of lumber. Right now he is having selling it as fast as he brings it in.

There used to be a lot of local small saw mills near me but as of late a lot of them have closed. Their lumber was nice local pine and it was straight, but they found it hard to compete and closed up.

That’s too bad that your local saw mills have closed. The mills in my are all still running. There seems to be alot of people out there that have little band saw mills in my area too. They do custom sawing and saw lumber to sell. The smaller guys are sawing & selling live edge lumber. As seems to be in demand.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I opened my pool yesterday , my wife and daughter sent me pictures of the birds in the pool , guess they are happy lol

Is this first time that ducks got in your pool? Can’t say I have heard ducks swimming in someone’s pool.

Greg

Is this first time that ducks got in your pool? Can’t say I have heard ducks swimming in someone’s pool.

Yes first time , was nice to see , actually the male came back about an hour after the first visit , I was concerned about the water not being safe , apparently it’s okay because it’s low concentration and it’s salt water ,
    I’ve found frogs snakes and spiders and even little mice in the pool , for the last two years , strange whenever I close the pool , usually the next morning I’ve found a small salamander in the pool , the salamander and snake plus two of the 3 frog’s all survived , I pulled them out, but the mice never were good swimmers lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think that’s a goose not a duck.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.456 seconds