dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,167 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah it’s amazing what you can make with the right tools

You also have know how use the right tools make what you want or you will just making scrap.

Definitely , or worse , you could injure yourself pretty bad

True you can injure yourself pretty easy if don’t how use the equipment.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Yeah it’s amazing what you can make with the right tools

You also have know how use the right tools make what you want or you will just making scrap.

Definitely , or worse , you could injure yourself pretty bad

True you can injure yourself pretty easy if don’t how use the equipment.

Oh man , I can’t believe what I have been seeing in the shop the last few years lol. Actually not funny 🤷‍♂️

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Saw a truck piled so high on the road today.

There’s a ticket waiting to happen for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Was at the Home Depot getting some electrical THHN conductors. Asked the guy at the electrical aisle to cut some for me.

Strange, all the 12AWG stranded conductors are not the same prices. The blue color is the most expensive at 46 cents per foot. I asked him and he said that’s because blue is their competitor Lowes’s color.

Then looking at the 14AWG stranded the orange color is the cheapest. He said that’s because orange is Home Depot’s color so it’s discounted.

I asked him if he’s serious he said yes. What do you think? The discounted orange wires and jacked up blue wires?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Ohh here we go, some of my photo collections from work.

Aluminum wiring burned to a crisp behind several receptacles, insulation is gone and aluminum became brittle, homeowner declined wiring replacement, just cut the wire back and replaced with aluminum wire rated receptacles.

Attachments:
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Quality previous work found at a daycare center, hey who needs wiring nuts when tape would work.

Attachments:
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

This is something I see often but could never understand, why do people strip so much wire that bare copper is exposed and short stuff out? It literally takes no additional effort to strip a bit less so it’s covered by tape.

This short in an office took me hours to track down, following the conduit from panel to various junction boxes and see which branch is shorted, one circuit supplied the entire cubical floor and of course it’s literally the last receptacle on the line.

Attachments:
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Switch dated back to 1916, still working perfectly and snaps like a, well, insert your favorite snapping thing.

Attachments:
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Owner be: “that light was working just a while ago”. Yeah sure it was.

(the wire was cut right outside the connector)

Attachments:
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

This house was moved to a new concrete foundation from its original stone one, just in front of the shed in the background. Dunno how old it was but the joists were tree trunks, with bark and everything.

The interior layout was also interesting, it’s literally a one bedroom. The entire 1st floor is one room that functions as living room, dining room, and kitchen, and 2nd floor is one big bedroom.

Attachments:
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

@jzmtl I know your pain. Working with the electrical around here has been an education too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Quality previous work found at a daycare center, hey who needs wiring nuts when tape would work.

🤯🙄 Jesus that’s at a daycare , I can’t believe it

Switch dated back to 1916, still working perfectly and snaps like a, well, insert your favorite snapping thing.

My god I haven’t seen those in probably close to 45 to 50 years ago , they were in my parents first duplex ,

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks like to many do it yourselfers have been in that wiring! It looks pretty scary !

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

My god I haven’t seen those in probably close to 45 to 50 years ago , they were in my parents first duplex ,

I saved those switches from the trash, no idea what I’m gonna go with them though lol.

Apparently they still make the same style with modern internals for people feeling nostalgic.

I saved those switches from the trash, no idea what I’m gonna go with them though lol.

Apparently they still make the same style with modern internals for people feeling nostalgic.

That’s pretty cool , to be honest , I was much younger back then , but never really remember having any issues with them ,
    I had no idea that they still made them but newer technology 👌 that’s pretty cool

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s pretty cool , to be honest , I was much younger back then , but never really remember having any issues with them ,

I had no idea that they still made them but newer technology 👌 that’s pretty cool

Consider these were in continuous use for over 100 years, probably many times daily (they were hallway/living room/stair lights), I’d say they were pretty damn well made.

Consider these were in continuous use for over 100 years, probably many times daily (they were hallway/living room/stair lights), I’d say they were pretty damn well made.

Yeah that’s exactly where it was , in the hallway , controlled the hallway which was a lot longer back then , so it had two lights , stairway and the living room , you are right though they definitely were built to last ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This house was moved to a new concrete foundation from its original stone one, just in front of the shed in the background. Dunno how old it was but the joists were tree trunks, with bark and everything.

The interior layout was also interesting, it’s literally a one bedroom. The entire 1st floor is one room that functions as living room, dining room, and kitchen, and 2nd floor is one big bedroom.

It is nice to see they have saved this old house. I have seen a few houses that trees/logs for floor joints. My old house has trees/logs for floor joints. It is also timber frame. All the beams are covered with drywall.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The TIKI boats, basically floating bars are back in operation on the river.

Saw it cruises by a few times but no passengers yet at least during the day.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.751 seconds