dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 468 total)
  • Author

There are different ways to look at this.

If your primary concern is your electric bill, then running 24/7 may not be the best idea.

I was told that in running it only partially during the day, you can easily spend more on chlorine/chemicals that would negate any energy savings.

Here’s so,ething else that happened. I asked my pool place if there were more energy dual speed programable style pumps available when they were having a pump promo early this season before I reinstalled my pump for this season. While there are for inground pools, none are made for above ground pools.

But thru this fruitless exercise, I tried to find out what amperage my current 1 HP pump runs at. Nowhere on the pump itself, nor on the Hayward website, could I find anything so I asked my pool place to find out. They couldn’t tell me either. Isn’t that strange that nowhere can I find out how much amperage this thing uses? I looked at some hydro bills to try to gauge what it might use, but while it’s quite debatable, I think it’s costing us $30 a month in electricity.

I’m sure they will come out with those dual speed pumps for above ground pools soon , I just replaced our pump around 4 to 5 years ago , next one will definitely be buying the dual speed

You are right about the extra cost for chemicals and such when only running the pump not 24/7 that’s what the pool store also mentioned to me.

I’d get one if they made it. I dislike my pump because it doesn’t have a drain plug in the bottom of the housing. Every year I have to disconnect the whole thing and physically pick it up and flip it upside down to drain it properly for the winter. While I added some universal couplers to make that job easier than it used to be from when it was installed by the crappy company’s installers, it’s still a PITA each year and I’d like to have a pump that runs on a slower speed for the overnite at least.

Everybody I spoke to says, ‘pumps have a drain plug’, well, this one made by Hayward that was built specifically for this pool company chain we went with doesn’t. We regret so much going with that company. Almost everything we got and had installed has either failed, or had to be redone. The only things left are the pump and the actual pool itself and the hose that goes from the pool to the mechanicals for which as I mentioned they didn’t install any unions that I ended up adding myself. Wish I could kick those buggers in the nuts at times! Aaaargh!!!

🤣😂🤣😂That last line killing me LoL

Yes I know what you mean. When my dad was I’ll and in the hospital , I had a pool company change my heater and from chlorine to salt
    I wish I would have had time to get the job done myself. OH well. Next time

Doobie

I’m about to receive the 4100 TS as a prize. Gonna be nice having 15 inch wheels on it per this sale ad in my weekly Lowes flyer.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

But thru this fruitless exercise, I tried to find out what amperage my current 1 HP pump runs at. Nowhere on the pump itself, nor on the Hayward website, could I find anything so I asked my pool place to find out. They couldn’t tell me either. Isn’t that strange that nowhere can I find out how much amperage this thing uses? I looked at some hydro bills to try to gauge what it might use, but while it’s quite debatable, I think it’s costing us $30 a month in electricity.

It should be on the sticker of the motor. Haywood probably didn’t make the motor. On my pool pump and the pond pump the HP, the voltages (dual 230/115) and the amps (dual) are both on the sticker. How else can you figure out conductor and breaker sizes?

That being said, my Haywood pump has a 1.65HP motor made by US Motors, and at 115V it’s 17amps.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Everybody I spoke to says, ‘pumps have a drain plug’, well, this one made by Hayward that was built specifically for this pool company chain we went with doesn’t. We regret so much going with that company. Almost everything we got and had installed has either failed, or had to be redone. The only things left are the pump and the actual pool itself and the hose that goes from the pool to the mechanicals for which as I mentioned they didn’t install any unions that I ended up adding myself. Wish I could kick those buggers in the nuts at times! Aaaargh!!!

Hmmm, my Haywood pump has TWO drain plugs at the bottom one for the inlet side and one for the outlet compartment. Never even used them, we don’t need to winterize in Florida LOL.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this sitting not to far from my shop this afternoon. I had heard one hit a low bridge in town yesterday.

That particular bridge gets hit a couple times a year. It is a busy street, but they have signs all over saying low bridge

Hmmm, my Haywood pump has TWO drain plugs at the bottom one for the inlet side and one for the outlet compartment. Never even used them, we don’t need to winterize in Florida LOL.

I will take a picture of the pump i have ,
    I know I have two plugs also , yes we need them especially here in Canada to drain the water out.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this sitting not to far from my shop this afternoon. I had heard one hit a low bridge in town yesterday.

That particular bridge gets hit a couple times a year. It is a busy street, but they have signs all over saying low bridge

for some reason my photo did not load

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

They may have a licence to drive but reading and thinking seem to be skills a lot of folks have yet to master.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

They may have a licence to drive but reading and thinking seem to be skills a lot of folks have yet to master.

Haha , and I thought it was an EL Camino LoL.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes, I had Issues with truck drivers over the last year and ha half, just not paying enough attention, is all I can figure. it is the reason I sole my trucks and do not have drivers any more.

Doobie

I know I have two plugs also , yes we need them especially here in Canada to drain the water out.

Even then, I don’t think with any pump one can get all the water out. There’s always some water left in the pump chamber, or so I’ve been told. Do you keep yours inside over the winter.

I didn’t even know there is maybe supposed to be two drain plugs.

Even then, I don’t think with any pump one can get all the water out. There’s always some water left in the pump chamber, or so I’ve been told. Do you keep yours inside over the winter.

No I drain mine as much as possible ,. Then I put the plugs back , and add the red RV antifreeze rated -51 or something like that. I put that in all the plumbing for the pool. After I’ve drained all the lines and plugged them back up.

Doobie

No I drain mine as much as possible ,. Then I put the plugs back , and add the red RV antifreeze rated -51 or something like that. I put that in all the plumbing for the pool. After I’ve drained all the lines and plugged them back up.

I just drain everything and park the pump in my basement for the winter months. I make sure I blow out all the water in the pool heater and leave it uncapped. I was told the sand filter needed only to have its drain plug removed and what little water is left in there won’t bust the barrel. Of course the lines to and from the filter get emptied and the dial gets put on winterize.

Is yours an above ground pool or an inground Brian?

I just drain everything and park the pump in my basement for the winter months. I make sure I blow out all the water in the pool heater and leave it uncapped. I was told the sand filter needed only to have its drain plug removed and what little water is left in there won’t bust the barrel. Of course the lines to and from the filter get emptied and the dial gets put on winterize.

Is yours an above ground pool or an inground Brian?

Inground
    I do mostly the same thing as you , except after I blow out the return jets and drains , I use that antifreeze
    I reinstalled all the hoses and put a special made plug in the filter drain , just in case any little visiting rodents try to make it there home LoL

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What happened to all the chips? 😋😋😋

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I’m about to receive the 4100 TS as a prize. Gonna be nice having 15 inch wheels on it per this sale ad in my weekly Lowes flyer.

Dang, you could go mud-boggin’ with them tires. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

Dang, you could go mud-boggin’ with them tires.

I know! Did you see the load rating? I can bring the whole family and friends! Lol!

Kamster
    Pro

Dang, you could go mud-boggin’ with them tires.

I know! Did you see the load rating? I can bring the whole family and friends! Lol!

LOL… and they can get in through the side and rear doors. I wonder which product this description came from

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I wonder which product this description came from

I’d say an enclosed trailer.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Do you all have sign twirlers where you live?

They are usually at busy intersection spinning signs on sales and promotions for nearby stores. We have them pretty much year round.

It’s in the middle of summer, some of them are dressed up as bears, chicken, Statue Of Liberty, bananas…some of these suits are thick, can’t imagine how hot it is inside these.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 468 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.011 seconds