dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,170 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Looked like this one.

I doubt that’s what they were using next door to Greg’s place.

Those attachments for placing posts that attaches to bobcats must be quite common in farm country.

Here’s a guy doing a review on one basically.

He even mentions how they have hard clay conditions there, which is something I was wondering whether those types of units were capable of dealing with. Worth watching the video.

Doobie

Hey guys, am I the only one who has been experiencing problems when either trying to go to the most recent post in this thread, or trying to get to the post that you would have just posted in it?

This has been going on for a few weeks off and on for me and this is the page that shows up when it is screwing up like this.

Interesting-thigs-thread-issues-NOV2020-1

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No for me this thread works like it should, I clicked the arrow and it took me directly to my last read post in this thread.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hey guys, am I the only one who has been experiencing problems when either trying to go to the most recent post in this thread, or trying to get to the post that you would have just posted in it?

This has been going on for a few weeks off and on for me and this is the page that shows up when it is screwing up like this.

I think it’s a moderator thing Doobie. I believe we go to the last # post. Not always the last post. At the top it shows 69 hidden posts. I have seen this a few times on different treads.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I think it’s a moderator thing Doobie. I believe we go to the last # post. Not always the last post. At the top it shows 69 hidden posts. I have seen this a few times on different treads.

I have had the same experience, Ron

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Interesting-thigs-thread-issues-NOV2020-1

I get that sometimes , when I’m subscribed for email notifications , when I click on the link from the email , not often , but occasionally it goes to an empty post like that ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have the same issue. So it’s not a moderator thing.

I run into this on multiple threads. This is not happening on this thread only.

It’s happening to you @doobie at that very moment because you happen to go to a post you made which happens to be the first one of a new page. If happens to all threads when a new post is made that begins a new page. Now once a few more posts are made, that page has more than one post and the issue goes away, until that page gets long enough to be at the end of a page and whoever makes or views a new page post will see it again.

I believe there is some bug in the pagination calculation. One piece of code calculates 47 pages, and another piece renders 46 pages only. If you run into this issue, go back to the main page and click on the individual page number where it is the maximum minus one.

It happens to most of the long threads, the longer it gets like the toolalcoholic ones the farther the pagination error “drifts”.

I don’t think it is a moderator view thing but part of the page rendering software. It happens on both Chrome and Firefox browers, and on both desktop and mobile skins.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

roninohio wrote:
    Looked like this one.

I doubt that’s what they were using next door to Greg’s place.

No they didn’t use anything like this. They did it by hand. They were only putting a few fence posts. Would be worth renting for a job like this.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I saw social media that Sand/Salt dome in my area didn’t survive the high winds Sunday night.

Greg

I saw social media that Sand/Salt dome in my area didn’t survive the high winds Sunday night.

What is that , can you get inside of it , never heard of that before

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Really! This used to store winter sand/salt for roads. They are all over Ontario. Yes you can get inside them. This is full of sand/salt for the winter.

Greg

Really! This used to store winter sand/salt for roads. They are all over Ontario. Yes you can get inside them. This is full of sand/salt for the winter.

Oh ok , thanks , I’m not sure what we have or use here.

I thought I would post this here , I am above 55 years of age , I keep forgetting to think about this , if it can help anyone else out , I am not sure if they have anything like this in the USA , I think it’s a good idea

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that is a lot of damage. Looks like a total loss.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Man that is a lot of damage. Looks like a total loss.

Yes it is alot of damage. I am sure it is a total loss too. It will interesting to see how they did with it.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The other day when I was at my old house picking up a few things that we left behind during our move. When I notice my neighbor building a new fence to replace the fence they tore down last year. When they were replacing their sewer line.

I didn’t think they were going to rebuild the fence do money. But I am now thinking this is the reason they did sell their home and took there place off the market after 2 weeks. They had alot of showing of their house and is a hot market right.

It looks kinda like hack the fence they are building. They hammered the 4 x 4 posts in the ground. Then they were nailed 2 x 6’s to the 4 x 4’s. They had some guy doing the work and the neighbor’s wife helping. While the man of the house looked after the kids. Not really sure how long this fence will last.

I took a picture while I was leaving.

Well I was at my old place yesterday and took a look at the new fence my neighbors were building. It turns out they didn’t hammer 4 x 4’s in the ground. They hammered 2 x 4’s in the ground.
    I couldn’t believe that they used 2 x 4’s. From 40 ft away it look like 4 x 4’s and I never thought of anyone using 2 x 4’s. I guess this my mistake. I really didn’t pay alot of attention as I didn’t want to seem nosey and I was leaving to go home. But really who use 2 x 4’s instead of 4 x 4’s

My tenant was telling that they only hammered the 2 x 4’s in the ground a few inches. Which I already knew this. Sounds like they are going fasten lattice panels to the 2 x 4’s and call it done. Then in the spring they will relist there house for sale.

Greg

The other day when I was at my old house picking up a few things that we left behind during our move. When I notice my neighbor building a new fence to replace the fence they tore down last year. When they were replacing their sewer line.

I didn’t think they were going to rebuild the fence do money. But I am now thinking this is the reason they did sell their home and took there place off the market after 2 weeks. They had alot of showing of their house and is a hot market right.

It looks kinda like hack the fence they are building. They hammered the 4 x 4 posts in the ground. Then they were nailed 2 x 6’s to the 4 x 4’s. They had some guy doing the work and the neighbor’s wife helping. While the man of the house looked after the kids. Not really sure how long this fence will last.

Well I was at my old place yesterday and took a look at the new fence my neighbors were building. It turns out they didn’t hammer 4 x 4’s in the ground. They hammered 2 x 4’s in the ground.

I couldn’t believe that they used 2 x 4’s. From 40 ft away it look like 4 x 4’s and I never thought of anyone using 2 x 4’s. I guess this my mistake. I really didn’t pay alot of attention as I didn’t want to seem nosey and I was leaving to go home. But really who use 2 x 4’s instead of 4 x 4’s

My tenant was telling that they only hammered the 2 x 4’s in the ground a few inches. Which I already knew this. Sounds like they are going fasten lattice panels to the 2 x 4’s and call it done. Then in the spring they will relist there house for sale.

That’s strange , almost looks like they are making some kind of a bench for sitting , or maybe planter box and the trellis for climbing vegetables or flowers some kind of living privacy fence 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s strange , almost looks like they are making some kind of a bench for sitting , or maybe planter box and the trellis for climbing vegetables or flowers some kind of living privacy fence 🤷‍♂️

Yup it sure is strange. But then again so are my neighbors. I am really not sure what there plan is other then a privacy fence and to do it cheap. What ever helps to sell there house.

Greg

Doobie

Once they get the lattice walls on it, any wind storm like we had a few days ago will send it over to the next neighbors yard.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Once they get the lattice walls on it, any wind storm like we had a few days ago will send it over to the next neighbors yard.

I agree. The next neighbors yard will be me. I had pick up and fix the last fence that was there.
    I am sure I will be getting a call from my tenants about it.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.991 seconds