dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,059 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I mention awhile ago the I heard that The Gypsy Moths are making a come back in our area. They are saying this is the worst outbreak in 30 years. I remember it quite well. Pretty well all the trees had their leaves eaten.
    https://www.intelligencer.ca/news/local-news/eastern-ontario-in-grip-of-worst-gypsy-moth-outbreak-in-30-years?fbclid=IwAR3g5LAcT1jxt3lK_TgeQPbV_hycBIatUlZzvLn-b-bxXdy0k-2PxZvklsg

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Not sure why , maybe they can offer wider range for multiple departments , we have really enjoyed the 1/4 and 3/8 cordless ratchets and the lights are good also , I know that the electricians and plumbers are heavily bought into the platform , actually I was the one who suggested that they look into the 12 volt drain auger , they bought 3 and like them alot.

If I had guess it would the price and the variety of tools available compared to Makita.

I know at my the work the are Milwaukee tools in the Maintenance Dept. My company doesn’t like spend money so I have to say they are much cheaper.

Thing is, Makita offers more 18V in their line up than anybody else. Maybe not in the areas that some are looking for overall, but Makita is a front runner with their variety of offerings.

I also see Makita as way more reliable than Milwaukee. I’ve had too many Milwaukee early/pre-mature failures. I won’t even look at them any longer.

Not sure why , maybe they can offer wider range for multiple departments , we have really enjoyed the 1/4 and 3/8 cordless ratchets and the lights are good also , I know that the electricians and plumbers are heavily bought into the platform , actually I was the one who suggested that they look into the 12 volt drain auger , they bought 3 and like them alot.

If I had guess it would the price and the variety of tools available compared to Makita.

I know at my the work the are Milwaukee tools in the Maintenance Dept. My company doesn’t like spend money so I have to say they are much cheaper.

Yeah I think that’s most likely the case here also , cutting costs

You know a few years ago , I tried so hard to get Bosch in the company , I was communicating with Jim , and he hooked me up with Bosch contacts in Ontario and Quebec , I passed around the email to my manager and supervisor , turned out they were slightly more expensive than the other manufacturers , that plus they didn’t offer the range of cordless or corded tools like some of the other manufacturers , even though I believe Bosch has superior quality built tools ,
    Oh well everyone who used my bosch used to comment about the fit and finish , plus just the overall feel of the tools ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah I think that’s most likely the case here also , cutting costs

You know a few years ago , I tried so hard to get Bosch in the company , I was communicating with Jim , and he hooked me up with Bosch contacts in Ontario and Quebec , I passed around the email to my manager and supervisor , turned out they were slightly more expensive than the other manufacturers , that plus they didn’t offer the range of cordless or corded tools like some of the other manufacturers , even though I believe Bosch has superior quality built tools ,

Oh well everyone who used my bosch used to comment about the fit and finish , plus just the overall feel of the tools ,

It is pretty much the way it is. It about much they can save.

I know some of the big shots came to our company for a tour and information session last year. When people questions why we didn’t have this or we weren’t getting that. They replied they didn’t see the return on investment.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They seem to be into a lot of new automotive concept development. They are also into unmanned people movers like this.

Man that is a strange vehicle for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I came across a ad for rental units. I old shoe factory next door where I use to work was put into 47 rental units. From what I have read they have some commercial units on the main floor. The other floors have 1 and 2 bedroom units for rent.
    https://teamguernsey.com/listings/batawa-lofts-lease/

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I came across a ad for rental units.

Nice way to re-purpose and old factory.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I came across a ad for rental units. I old shoe factory next door where I use to work was put into 47 rental units. From what I have read they have some commercial units on the main floor. The other floors have 1 and 2 bedroom units for rent.

Wow , very modern and clean lines , I guess that’s why they can ask for a fair amount of rental money 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

Not sure I’d be crazy about half the ground floor being daycare though.

https://renx.ca/batawa-lofts-opens-bata-shoes-factory-ontario-company-town/

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

i wouldnt want to even live on the second floor just seems like there would be to much noise

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That would do it for me, too much noise.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That would do it for me, too much noise.

LoL yeah same here

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A local sawmill posted these pictures of a truck load of railways on their Instagram . They asked the question Do you know how railways are made. I think most people now days wouldn’t know this answer.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Railroad ties? Are they treated with creosote?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep looks like it to me also. Not yet treated though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes they are used for railway tracks. The ones in pictures are not treated. They are treated with creosote.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

A local sawmill posted these pictures of a truck load of railways on their Instagram . They asked the question Do you know how railways are made. I think most people now days wouldn’t know this answer.

I Have been seeing a lot of track being replaced and they are using precast concrete ties. Especially the high speed rail lines and the commuter rails in the metro’s

Doobie

I like watching those machines that install or repair tracks. You’d think those rails are solid, but they’re soft like spaghetti you just finished dumping in the water when they handle them.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I Have been seeing a lot of track being replaced and they are using precast concrete ties. Especially the high speed rail lines and the commuter rails in the metro’s

That is something I did know.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I Have been seeing a lot of track being replaced and they are using precast concrete ties.

Guess that is cheaper than wood now days and probably lasts longer too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,059 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.095 seconds