dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,193 total)
  • Author
    Clev08
    Pro

I had some that looked similar to that in the late 90’s

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I was at the city picking up a permit and the interesting part is they no longer allow rolled up plans. They require you to fold them a specific way inside out because I assume rolled up plans can breed virus?

I mentioned this in more details in the COVID-19 construction thread but I have never heard of folding plans is healthier than rolled up plans. Anyone heard of this?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was at the city picking up a permit and the interesting part is they no longer allow rolled up plans.

Sign of the times I guess.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Never heard of that before either , I personally think either way , if you are infected and touch the folded or rolled plans , or what ever for the matter , either way it’s going to get transferred 🤷‍♂️

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I guess their idea is a rolled up set of plans with 20 sheets would have to be unrolled for each sheet and lots of rolling and unrolling?

An inside out folded set will have a higher percentage of being able to see most of the stuff on the sheet without unfolding?

What’s next? Inspector will inspect stuff with a drone or looking at stuff from far away and missing all the details? LOL!!!

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Inspector will inspect stuff with a drone or looking at stuff from far away and missing all the details? LOL!!!

I have a feeling that’s only the beginning in terms of paranoia.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What’s next? Inspector will inspect stuff with a drone

Who knows but several areas are using drones to control distancing and enforce quarantines.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I read yesterday that they are going to try using drones to deliver ppe I guess masks and gloves , the lighter stuff for now ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I read yesterday that they are going to try using drones to deliver ppe I guess masks and gloves , the lighter stuff for now ,

In Montreal or elsewhere?

@Sorpa I think it’s somewhere else , I really didn’t take notice of the place. I’m not even sure if they said anything. I think it’s from the notifications from my smartphone

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I would love for Bosch to make a drone to hover around me that I can sit a drill on, with a built in radio and flash light, and something I can send to fetch a battery or some screws. We can call it a Bosch SIDEKICK or some other villian names?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We can call it a Bosch SIDEKICK or some other villian names?

I like it kind of like a Shop Helper.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A bootleg DIY DeWalt simultaneous charging station in a TSTAK box LOL

While I like the idea of this mod you have done Miamicuse. And it looks like you have done a great job with this modification Dirtywhiteboy brings up a valid point. Someone copying the idea could do it wrong. And could end badly. So I’m removing the pic. RonW.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That should diffidently be taken down as a very dangerous hack that Bosch could be held liable for!!!

@Ronw

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@RonW

I am sorry I did not clarify. This is NOT something I DID. This is something that I saw and find amusing, anyone can see the modification was pointless. I thought it is clear because this is the INTERESTING THINGS WE SEE thread, where there are many many posts with pictures of people loading stacks of 8′ plywood on top of their Honda Civics tied down by a thin string, or someone resting a 20′ extension ladder on top of a wheel barrow to reach higher to clean a gutter, or someone cutting a tree branch with a chainsaw directly under the branch which is about to fall…and we all get a laugh of the picture because it’s an “accident waiting to happen”.

How is this any different? I guess I don’t get it.

A picture that I came across showing a not so kosher DIY modification, it’s considered very dangerous to be viewed and need to be censored.

A picture showing someone tying 30 sheets of plywood on top of a Honda Civic at a Home Depot parking lot, also very dangerous, but it’s OK.

If a picture of someone on an extension ladder sitting on a wheel barrow to gain more height to clean a gutter is fine, how can you guarantee someone else will not copy that action after seeing such a picture, and got into an accident, and Bosch is not liable for it for allowing that to be posted?

I don’t have a problem with rules, I just would like some explanation on the rules being applied subjectively (it seems to me). I used to post some sales items on here for others to see if they wish to take advantage, and then I was told no price discussions and no link to merchants on here. Fine, I stopped doing it. Yet I see this being done from time to time anyways.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I am sorry I did not clarify. This is NOT something I DID.

I did think it was something you had done Miamicuse. I would have looked at it differently in the Hack thread.
    While Jim was in charge we had some modification’s being shown in posts And Jim put a stop to it.

“Rule # 5 states, Absolutely no bullying, profanity, discussion of religion, politics, firearms and race. Improper tool or practices will are also not allowed. If it has the potential to offend or imperil others, use this rule – Think Twice, Post Once. ”

I know somethings get by me or the other mods. It’s hard to see everything. And definitely not directed towards you.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I saw a parent with their young one today. Looked like school was in today for the tot.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw a parent with their young one today.

Very nice photos of a rare bird indeed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I saw a parent with their young one today. Looked like school was in today for the tot.

Very nice! We have a growing population of Bald Eagles in my area – it is great to see the population growth of the eagle.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Nice photos!
    What camera/lens?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.396 seconds