dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Nowadays people are so paranoid about getting hurt. Mostly the large corporations and they are not so much worried about employee safety but more about liability to cover their a**.

Back then the building trades people don’t worry about safety. We just man up and have fun.

Doobie

Nowadays people are so paranoid about getting hurt. Mostly the large corporations and they are not so much worried about employee safety but more about liability to cover their a**.

Back then the building trades people don’t worry about safety. We just man up and have fun.

Those were the ‘Dodge Days’ of doing stuff like that.

Scary how it was back then…..Sigh!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of pictures on the web of stuff like that. It was a different time for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Okay , so today someone (newish) employee was using a grinder , apparently he cut himself , and right after that , the health and safety people were pulling all the grinders off the shop floor ,
    They went into the welding shop/room and ask for all their grinders , my friend laughed and said if you take them away , we will be at a work stoppage ,
    That’s definitely a tool that is needed daily in that department
    Another crazy incident in the shop today

This seems to be the thing Safety people do. They do the same thing where I work. Then after the investigation is done. They implement to new rules and training.
    We had a Millwright grab a piece of steel after welding it and burnt his had.
    Our QA Manager wanted to remove all air guns from our department. The reason for this that tips are coming loose and falling off and people are notice this. Sometimes this is cause to miss use of the air gun.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Hahaha okay so I just responded again to Sami about his post with the picture with the workers on the beam
    It never showed up 🙄🤷 I’m going to have to ban Sami from my contacts LoL
    @Miamicuse
    @RonW
    @doobie
    LoL just kidding Sami
    But definitely something wrong , that’s twice or three times it’s happened to me when quoting his posts 🤷

@GTokley
    Yes those air guns can be actually dangerous , they removed ours years ago , then brought them back after drilling small 1/8 holes at an angle about 30 ish or something like that in the tips , it reduces the air pressure coming out of the gun from up wards of around 90 psi to a safer psi I believe it’s around 20 to 40 psi
    Due to some BH blowing air on himself and creating issues on his skin 🤷

Funny you should mention that , I was just watching a video of old footage of the construction build of the Chrysler building , it was incredible to see them working without all the fancy safety measures we have in place today , some guys were scaling up the scaffolding with big wrenches and rachets in the back pocket , I wonder how many people got injured or worse.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@boschmanbrian

I think I saw that footage and/or something similar and I can’t believe that those tools were not tethered.
    That and other things made me think at some sort of studio made footage.

Went for a long walk today. Saw a few interesting things. Migrating Mergansers, Migrating Tundra Swans, Ice where the water ran away from under it, and just the river itself.

P1140384

P1140433

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Went for a long walk today. Saw a few interesting things. Migrating Mergansers, Migrating Tundra Swans, Ice where the water ran away from under it, and just the river itself.

What nice photos JDO, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@JimDaddyO
    WOW beautiful pictures Jim , gotta love the feeling and smell of spring ,
    Being outside and seeing what you saw must have been a great day. Thanks for the great photos.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A Bosch truck cut in front of me on I-95 today.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

What’s wrong with it? Or special?
    I can’t figure it out.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A Bosch truck cut in front of me on I-95 today.

I kinda like the logo myself.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@Boschmanbrian
    they removed ours years ago , then brought them back after drilling small 1/8 holes at an angle about 30 ish or something like that in the tips , it reduces the air pressure coming out of the gun from up wards of around 90 psi to a safer psi I believe it’s around 20 to 40 psi

They replaced our guns with ones that had a spring and check ball in the tip to reduce pressure and volume. The tips were epoxied in the gun…. easy fix. I think I fixed every gun in the shop LOL

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They replaced our guns with ones that had a spring and check ball in the tip to reduce pressure and volume. The tips were epoxied in the gun…. easy fix. I think I fixed every gun in the shop LOL

Our Maintenance Manager wanted to epoxy our air guns tips in also. But the QA department didn’t like that idea.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Our Maintenance Manager wanted to epoxy our air guns tips in also. But the QA department didn’t like that idea.

Man I do not like air guns with the reduced flow tips. Sometimes it seems you can blow harder than what is coming out of the air gun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I was clearing the area behind my back fence and came across some ducks.

They saw me approaching and left. I looked and saw that they left something.

Should I move the eggs so they are 6′ apart from each to respect social distancing?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I was clearing the area behind my back fence and came across some ducks.

They saw me approaching and left. I looked and saw that they left something.

Should I move the eggs so they are 6′ apart from each to respect social distancing?

A duck egg is good eat.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don’t know if they may have the bird flu LOL.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.751 seconds