dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

This topic contains 63 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Boschmanbrian wrote:
    Just received a email from the company president , they decided to make a rooftop terrace for the employees.
    Great views on the runway and surrounding area

Sounds like a great idea. Fosters good employee morale doin stuff like that.

It does sound like a great idea.

On Wednesday my company gave everyone a pizza lunch. For all the hard work and OT we are doing to reach the end of quota. Alot people are getting tired of working 6 days of week.

6 12’s and 8 on Sundays was the norm for me….. and I would volunteer for doubles.

I have worked my fair share of overtime. It is one thing to chose to work overtime. Alot of people are being told they have work when falls on their shift. Then once October comes there will be no more overtime and the summer is gone.
    I spent 2 summers working out of province. The first summer I came home every 21 days. The second summer I came home once in 4 months. I said I never do that again. Missed seeing alot stuff with my girls.

Yup , I’ve worked an average of 75 hours a week , and over 90 before I met my wife , then it dropped to around 55 to 60 , but when my daughter was born , it’s been easily between 40 to 50 ,
    One thing I try to do is not working to many hours in the summer , as you say , our summer is so short ,
    But it’s also depending on what type of schedule we have to keep

It’s a give and take
    My supervisor and manager are pretty cool and give me plenty of flexibility.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Boschmanbrian wrote:
    Just received a email from the company president , they decided to make a rooftop terrace for the employees.

On Wednesday my company gave everyone a pizza lunch. For all the hard work and OT we are doing to reach the end of quota. Alot people are getting tired of working 6 days of week.

6 12’s and 8 on Sundays was the norm for me….. and I would volunteer for doubles.

I have worked my fair share of overtime. It is one thing to chose to work overtime. Alot of people are being told they have work when falls on their shift. Then once October comes there will be no more overtime and the summer is gone.
    I spent 2 summers working out of province. The first summer I came home every 21 days. The second summer I came home once in 4 months. I said I never do that again. Missed seeing alot stuff with my girls.

Yup , I’ve worked an average of 75 hours a week , and over 90 before I met my wife , then it dropped to around 55 to 60 , but when my daughter was born , it’s been easily between 40 to 50 ,
    One thing I try to do is not working to many hours in the summer , as you say , our summer is so short ,

It’s a give and take

That is alot of hours to work. Summers are very short.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie
    Pro

Boschmanbrian wrote:

It’s a give and take

Sure is a lot of hours. I’ve done that, but lesser now as I’ve gotten older. Up until this past Monday, I was getting 4-5 hours sleep and working pretty well the rest of the time for about a week and a half cleaning up taxes for people. Filed the last one at 2:50 AM just before the deadline and the CRA’s clock flipped over to Tuesday. Yesterday, except for getting up to eat twice and go use the facilities, I slept all day.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Boschmanbrian wrote:

It’s a give and take

Sure is a lot of hours. I’ve done that, but lesser now as I’ve gotten older. Up until this past Monday, I was getting 4-5 hours sleep and working pretty well the rest of the time for about a week and a half cleaning up taxes for people. Filed the last one at 2:50 AM just before the deadline and the CRA’s clock flipped over to Tuesday. Yesterday, except for getting up to eat twice and go use the facilities, I slept all day.

It wear you down that’s for sure.

When I was working the 21 days straight. There were 12 hour days. Couple times if we had rain days I work up 26 days. Then I would fly home for 7 days off.
    Now with job I work 3 shift rotation. We work 6 days a week when work days & midnight’s.

Greg

We went to the Manitoulin last weekend to spread my parents ashes. We stayed at a cottage in Sheguiandah where they had a nice stream running through the property.

Attachments:

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

We went to the Manitoulin last weekend to spread my parents ashes. We stayed at a cottage in Sheguiandah where they had a nice stream running through the property.

It does look like a nice stream. Also the water looks to be high up there also. Is there fish in this stream?

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

On the weekend I was driving threw our grocery park lot when I saw older couple starting to cross in front of me. They saw me and stopped. I stopped and waved for them to go head and cross. I had to wave my hand a couple more times to get them to cross. It seemed like they were shocked that I stopped and let them cross. But after yesterday I see why.
    Yesterday I was trying to cross at cross walk at the Mall and older guy sped up as he got closer to the cross walk. I couldn’t believe it.
    It always seems everybody is in a hurry to go nowhere.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

On the weekend I was driving threw our grocery park lot when I saw older couple starting to cross in front of me. They saw me and stopped. I stopped and waved for them to go head and cross. I had to wave my hand a couple more times to get them to cross. It seemed like they were shocked that I stopped and let them cross. But after yesterday I see why.
    Yesterday I was trying to cross at cross walk at the Mall and older guy sped up as he got closer to the cross walk. I couldn’t believe it.

Driving etiquette and courtesy towards pedestrians has really gone downhill over the years. Too many drivers think they own the road.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Driving etiquette and courtesy towards pedestrians has really gone downhill over the years. Too many drivers think they own the road.

Definitely agree with you about that.
    That happens weekly for me around our area. And it’s not just the younger drivers either.

Doobie
    Pro

That happens weekly for me around our area. And it’s not just the younger drivers either.

I have to say, MTL has always been a very aggressive driving environment in my experience. Those elevated highways with barely any shoulder in some areas are particularly hazardous to be on. Haven’t been your way in a dozen years though.

Hey, have you gone on the new Champlain bridge yet Brian?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have to say, MTL has always been a very aggressive driving environment in my experience. Those elevated highways with barely any shoulder in some areas are particularly hazardous to be on. Haven’t been your way in a dozen years though.

Hey, have you gone on the new Champlain bridge yet Brian?

Yeah those are fast and slightly dangerous , I used to drive them daily when I lived out in the East end , since moving out to the west island , don’t have to drive them now , definitely don’t miss them

I haven’t been on the Champlain for years , I tried to stay away , it’s not fun , when my parents and sister lived on the south shore , I used to use the 30 just to avoid all that traffic.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It really has. It is very sad.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The owner of a Leon store in the City of Quinte West put together a event to honor Canada. At this event Operation Stand Proud they want to break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Standing Maple Leaf. They broke the record with 3942 people. They had to break the old record of 1589 people. All money raised from this event will go to the Soldier On program.

https://www.quintenews.com/2019/06/29/the-world-record-is-ours/

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

The owner of a Leon store in the City of Quinte West put together a event to honor Canada. At this event Operation Stand Proud they want to break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Standing Maple Leaf. They broke the record with 3942 people. They had to break the old record of 1589 people. All money raised from this event will go to the Soldier On program.

Didn’t I hear on the news a day or so ago that someone was trying to organise one with 15,000 people?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I came across this stairway in somewhere. I thought it was interesting.

Attachments:

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s definitely an interesting design
    I bet that took slightly longer than the typical staircase LoL

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Very interesting!
    Apparently it was designed by the architect Frank Gehry.
    I wonder whether it’s wood or concrete.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Didn’t I hear on the news a day or so ago that someone was trying to organise one with 15,000 people?

I am not sure if this was the same one. I didn’t know much about till I was listening to my PB120 radio while working outside on Saturday.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

That is stunning! Love it! 👍

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.491 seconds