dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 420 total)
  • Author

Saw this on FB yesterday, looks like it was taken on a lake about an hour and a half north of us here. Every year, there has to be one of these guys.

Maybe he was trying to make a boat house out of it lmao.
    I don’t know what people are thinking about sometimes.
    Crazy. Good luck trying to get insurance involved I would imagine

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Saw this on FB yesterday, looks like it was taken on a lake about an hour and a half north of us here. Every year, there has to be one of these guys.

I’m thinking ice fishing driven by inebriation.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Normally, we don’t venture out onto the ice until early to mid January when there is a foot or more of ice on the lakes. By the end of winter the ice will be 3 feet or more thick.

How would one cut a hole in three feet thick ice to fish? Are there special tools for that?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@Miamicuse, you don’t cut a hole into the ice, you drill it.
    With an ice auger.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@miamicuse Think gas powered post hole digger with a very sharp bit. There is one in the pic on the ice just in front on the shack.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks guys. I have no idea having never experienced ice fishing.

I thought you use some sort of a handheld Bosch laser beam and carve a circle on the ice or sink a heated pipe into it so it melts as you lower it lol.

Thanks guys. I have no idea having never experienced ice fishing.

I thought you use some sort of a handheld Bosch laser beam and carve a circle on the ice or sink a heated pipe into it so it melts as you lower it lol.

No no no we usually use a drone for that 🤔🤫😂🤣

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Lol but I don’t understand you drill a hole and sink your line in, the hole is small right? Like two inches? So what if a large fish took the bait it won’t fit through the small hole, what then? Or you have to make a pretty big hole like 10″+?

Not to be gross if you have to go in the middle of the ice do you … Ummm … piss into the hole you are fishing out of? Or they have facilities all over the lake? thanks

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Lol but I don’t understand you drill a hole and sink your line in, the hole is small right? Like two inches? So what if a large fish took the bait it won’t fit through the small hole, what then? Or you have to make a pretty big hole like 10″+?

Not to be gross if you have to go in the middle of the ice do you … Ummm … piss into the hole you are fishing out of? Or they have facilities all over the lake? thanks

You can go up to 8″ hole.
    Which is kind of big for a fish.
    We don’t fish great white sharks here 😀

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

How would one cut a hole in three feet thick ice to fish? Are there special tools for that?

People use ice augers to drill a hole thru the ice. Most common ice augers are manual and gas powered augers. I believe the augers are 6 to 8 inches size.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I think it might be time to repost this video just to clarify a couple of points.

@smallerstick 🤯 LMAO thanks for the chuckle

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That’s crazy…but that hole is very big to fit a human, that wasn’t drilled with an auger lol.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s crazy…but that hole is very big to fit a human, that wasn’t drilled with an auger lol.

Yeah, that was staged for sure but it’s good for a laugh.

Actually, I have fished on the St’Lawrence, too. Very different culture there compared to Northern Ontario. They generally have a large central hole in the centre of the shack; about 2 feet square and no windows at all. Amazing how bright it is under the ice, you can watch your bait easily and see a strike as it happens.

Fishing up north is in larger huts with small (8 – 10″) holes and lots of windows. Better for socializing with others on the ice but not as good IMO for fishing. The social aspect is probably the best part of ice fishing. Communities of 100 or more shacks can develop in the couple of month ice fishing season. Raodways are maintained on the ice for the fishermen usually from a boat launch or other access. Party!

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That was cut with a chain saw.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Found a huge stash of old razor blades in the wall today

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Where are the razor blades?

Yikes. Guess it was a great place to ditch them 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Lol but I don’t understand you drill a hole and sink your line in, the hole is small right? Like two inches?

You have to be joking,, right?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like the PO just dropped them through a hole in the wall.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.860 seconds