dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

• This topic has 420 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Sorpa.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The other day while at the Tim Horton’s drive thur I notice this sticker on the car ahead of me had on the rear window. It said Do More of What Makes Yo Happy. I thought this was a great saying.
    When I got too the window I was told the lady ahead of me paid for my order. I was pretty much speechless when I was told this.

Did you make her happy?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Did you make her happy?

No! If I did I am not sure how.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

https://www.thethings.com/reasons-why-you-should-buy-the-2020-ford-bronco-reasons-to-avoid/

Now this is to me something interesting , definitely would like to know more about it , can’t wait to see it in the showrooms.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Can you tell what’s in the back of the truck that’s in front of me today LOL?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Can you tell what’s in the back of the truck that’s in front of me today LOL?

It looks like a cadaver.
    Or a mannequin. One could only guess.
    We are subjective.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It looks like a cadaver.
    Or a mannequin. One could only guess.
    We are subjective.

It’s a living breathing human laying down on the truck bed with his arms fully extended while using his cell phone.

😮😮 just saw the email from CPO dang it some great buys on Bosch tools. The flexi click is a steal

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

😮😮 just saw the email from CPO dang it some great buys on Bosch tools. The flexi click is a steal

does it beat the Fry’s Electronics clearance of the Bosch compact saw for $49 right now?

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

does it beat the Fry’s Electronics clearance of the Bosch compact saw for $49 right now?

Man that is a heck of a good buy right there for anybody needing a compact recip saw.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Wow. That’s a good deal ,
    The Bosch flexi click is 139 that’s the best I’ve ever seen it. Plus you get another 20$ off in your cart 🤯

@Miamicuse

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The Bosch flexi click is 139 that’s the best I’ve ever seen it. Plus you get another 20$ off in your cart 🤯

So the flexi is $119 net? Pretty good deal but I am not on the Bosch 12v platform or else it would be a light duty drill to carry into attics & crawlspaces. Does it have a built in light to lit the spot you are drilling driving?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Does it have a built in light to lit the spot you are drilling driving?

Yes it does have an LED light that really does a good job of illuminating the work area. The Offset head is the best deal going. The 12V platform will do 80% of what you screw and drill. The Bosch 12V platform is a really good platform.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

@Miamicuse I hear you , I’m already in the platform , so I will eventually add it to my collection. About the light , I assume that were it’s placed it would help , but when you turned it around or offset I imagine that the light would not be helpful ?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Well a light is not useful 100% of the time for most tools anyway. For any drill once you put on an right angle bit it won’t work anyways. But I think of this more as a close quarter specialty tool and not a versatile do it all tool so if I am squeezed into a cabinet trying to drive a screw and having to hold a light or put on a head lamp to me it’s a more unforgiving for this tool then a regular nothing special 18v drill.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well a light is not useful 100% of the time for most tools anyway. For any drill once you put on an right angle bit it won’t work anyways. But I think of this more as a close quarter specialty tool and not a versatile do it all tool so if I am squeezed into a cabinet trying to drive a screw and having to hold a light or put on a head lamp to me it’s a more unforgiving for this tool then a regular nothing special 18v drill.

When I am working in a cabinet I usually use my FL12 for extra lighting up my work area. I never count on my drill or impact to show me enough light. I have used a head lamp in the past until I got my work lights.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Imagine only started buying and redeeming for the new tools with the LED lights on them in the past 5 years. Prior to that I used my older Bosch Ni-cad flashlights I never liked those headlamps. Even now I still use the Bosch lights , but I have to admit I’m liking these lights on the tools.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I like the lights on the tool even for the 30% or so chance it may be useful.

Sometimes head lamps are unavoidable and flashlights are useless when you really need the odd angle without a third hand. Such as when you are inside a sink cabinet like a pretzel looking up to unseize a stubborn washer with a basin wrench from the narrow recess of a deep sink or in the attic adding a brace for a junction box or whatever.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Saw this on FB yesterday, looks like it was taken on a lake about an hour and a half north of us here. Every year, there has to be one of these guys.

Attachments:

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

So what was the story? The ice too thin for such a vehicle or what? I have never ice fish (deep sea fishing where I am) is it typically done from indoors so there is a cover at the bottom of that camper you remove them you cut a hole in the ice to drop a line?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So what was the story? The ice too thin for such a vehicle or what? I have never ice fish (deep sea fishing where I am) is it typically done from indoors so there is a cover at the bottom of that camper you remove them you cut a hole in the ice to drop a line?

Normally, we don’t venture out onto the ice until early to mid January when there is a foot or more of ice on the lakes. By the end of winter the ice will be 3 feet or more thick.

This time of year, there will only be a few inches of ice; not nearly enough to support this truck and trailer. Seems like buddy didn’t think and now he will have a very expensive recovery bill to pay. The picture was taken just a few feet from a boat launch.

Ice fishing huts do have holes in the floor over holes drilled in the ice to fish through. Campers like this would seldom be used for fishing.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.458 seconds