dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 741 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Yes it was removed,,, because the content police didn’t like it. I was asking how many new post there was yesterday not very many???

I thought yesterday was a good day for the forum, not a lot of posts, yes, but a few good ones and very little meaningless stuff. Most of the fluff posters stayed quiet yesterday.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks to me the BTP software has been updated…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I don’t know , but if it has been , looks like it could have a few issues with the way it is displayed on the smartphone
    Why what are you experiencing DWB

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It must have been my browser that was updated.

Dirty

Doobie

Yes it was removed,,, because the content police didn’t like it. I was asking how many new post there was yesterday not very many???

There was nothing removed that I can tell, even in the auto-functioning Akismet anti-spam folder.

Must have been something on your end.

I think you’re right, but I doubt it has anything to do with the post you believe is missing.

There was something that happened yesterday that shows some of the ‘stickied’ (yellow) threads on the main page Topics/New page to show as greyed out now. Not sure what happened there. Might have been a software update. Never seen that before.

Anybody else see that? Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing on my desktop.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Something’s not right.
    I answered here 30 minutes ago and there is no post.

I just wrote the above but the counter says : ” 5 hours ago”

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Something’s not right.
    I answered here 30 minutes ago and there is no post.

That’s right,, I’ve had that happen many times in the last 2 days.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Same here but 10 hours ago.

Dirty

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Not very active here since I’m working at a recycling plant. I literally see just about everything on a regular basis.

Oddest recent(NSFW) thing I can think of is a tub of industrial plumbing tools I was told about I sent up the line this week.

Oddest of all time would be thousands of $$$. I was on the sort line at the time, and I didn’t see it, but I’m looking of brown/cardboard and $$$$ is green.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not very active here since I’m working at a recycling plant. I literally see just about everything on a regular basis.

Glad to see posting again and still working on the recycling line. There always seems to be something interesting going on there for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Oddest recent(NSFW) thing I can think of is a tub of industrial plumbing tools I was told about I sent up the line this week.

Oddest of all time would be thousands of $$$. I was on the sort line at the time, and I didn’t see it, but I’m looking of brown/cardboard and $$$$ is green.

Glad to hear from you. That definitely makes it to this thread, I could just imagine the faces of the people who saw that box.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There’s a lot of dirt out here and the developers plan on building over 10,000 homes if the economy stays good. That is a code line for…………………………….!

Dirty

There’s a lot of dirt out here and the developers plan on building over 10,000 homes if the economy stays good. That is a code line for…………………………….!

Geeze man that’s a lot of homes
    I’m guessing you are moving or going to be extremely busy 🤔🤷

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There was nothing removed that I can tell, even in the auto-functioning Akismet anti-spam folder.

No it was removed!

Dirty

Doobie

No it was removed!

It wasn’t me who removed it. Stop trying to create trouble.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

test
    Just stating fact, if a fact causes trouble grow some tougher skin.
    How about not scolding the few members left on the open forum.
    Oh and by the way I never said it was you that removed it.

Dirty

Doobie

test
    Just stating fact, if a fact causes trouble grow some tougher skin.
    How about not scolding the few members left on the open forum.
    Oh and by the way I never said it was you that removed it.

You didn’t word it that way. A post never showing up is different from one being removed.

You also had said this….

‘Content Police’? Who else is that supposed to mean? Come on, stop jerking me around man!

It’s the Akismet anti-spam software as far as I can tell. It can stop hundreds of spam posts that nobody ever sees in a month, mostly from what are posts by new members, but since the major forum software upgrade it is acting that way with almost everybody. I suspect when it is this bad it is no easy task to fix this, so we just wait til the webmaster finds the time to fix it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The other day while at the Tim Horton’s drive thur I notice this sticker on the car ahead of me had on the rear window. It said Do More of What Makes Yo Happy. I thought this was a great saying.
    When I got too the window I was told the lady ahead of me paid for my order. I was pretty much speechless when I was told this.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

That’s what you call paying it forward. I hope you did the same for the next person 👍
    Even if nobody was in line

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 741 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.644 seconds