dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol 3

This topic contains 141 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  roninohio 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
  • Author

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The old thread is broken, Here is a link to it.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/interesting-things-we-see-vol-2/

Let’s keep going with the interesting things we see and find as they relate to construction and DIY topics

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Wifey saw these Elk eating in field just outside of town.

Attachments:

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Just received a email from the company president , they decided to make a rooftop terrace for the employees.
    Great views on the runway and surrounding area

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Just received a email from the company president , they decided to make a rooftop terrace for the employees.

Wow Brian that will be really nice.

I wish we had place at my work where we could go outside at break/lunch.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

Sounds like a great idea. Fosters good employee morale doin stuff like that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Boschmanbrian wrote:

It does sound like a great idea.

On Wednesday my company gave everyone a pizza lunch. For all the hard work and OT we are doing to reach the end of quota. Alot people are getting tired of working 6 days of week.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

OK, I tried looking for which member this might appeal to, but I just couldn’t find who it was or is that had as a signature in their posts this famous line from the Leonard Cohen song Anthem.

“There is a crack, a crack in everything”

Does anybody remember who that member is?

Anyways, I wanted to PM this interesting article I just read on Reuters about Cohen memorabilia that I found interesting as a huge Cohen fan of which I’m sure that member is also.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idCAKCN1TE3DL-OCAEN

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It looks the rain we got yesterday is causing to some problems to the south of me. There is malfunction with water dam which causing flooding of highway and Paper Mill.

https://inquinte.ca/story/water-breaches-dam-in-quinte-west-saturday-morning

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

It looks the rain we got yesterday is causing to some problems to the south of me. There is malfunction with water dam which causing flooding of highway and Paper Mill.

I thought all the spring flooding was over. It’s been nasty in so many places the last few years.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Geeze Greg , looks like it’s going to be the norm from now on ,
    We still have some of the temporary structures in place over here from the flooding

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I thought all the spring flooding was over. It’s been nasty in so many places the last few years.

There getting hit with flooding to south pretty bad right now. Alot of the watershed here runs into the Bay of Quinte. Then the Bay of Quinte runs into Lake Ontario. With Lake Ontario having high water levels too there seems to be nowhere for the water too go.

GTokley wrote:

We still have some of the temporary structures in place over here from the flooding

It could be Brian. I sure hope not.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

With Lake Ontario having high water levels too there seems to be nowhere for the water too go.

They had flooding here again near me on the shore although not as bad as the last time. Weird this has been happening as it never happened before prior to recently.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

With Lake Ontario having high water levels too there seems to be nowhere for the water too go.

They had flooding here again near me on the shore although not as bad as the last time. Weird this has been happening as it never happened before prior to recently.

Really! I thought I heard Lake Ontario is at record high this year.

Also alot of farmers to the south of me. Are unable to plant there crops due their fields having water on them.

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Where is that? What neighborhood?

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Boschmanbrian wrote:

On Wednesday my company gave everyone a pizza lunch. For all the hard work and OT we are doing to reach the end of quota. Alot people are getting tired of working 6 days of week.

6 12’s and 8 on Sundays was the norm for me….. and I would volunteer for doubles.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Where is that? What neighborhood?

Vaudreuil area
    Still have some temporary structures up , just off of vuex St Charles road. I think they have started taking them down this week , trying to get it cleaned up for the long weekends coming.

Doobie
    Pro

I didn’t hear of such. Maybe it is, I got the impression it wasn’t as bad as previous.

Also alot of farmers to the south of me. Are unable to plant there crops due their fields having water on them.

When I was on the Manitoulin the cottage operator was explaining to me that they were trying to drop the water level on Lake Superior by 14″. Of course that means letting it go into Lakes Huron and Michigan. By natural extension, they drain into Lake Erie, then Lake Ontario. Toronto water levels are high and they are complaining but letting it out too fast raises the St. Lawrence seaway and puts Montreal in a flood situation. So it’s all part of a balancing act with the added bonus of everything you do having a domino effect.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I didn’t hear of such. Maybe it is, I got the impression it wasn’t as bad as previous.

Here is alittle something from my local news about Lake Ontario.

https://www.quintenews.com/2019/06/17/lake-ontario-water-levels-update/

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Boschmanbrian wrote:

6 12’s and 8 on Sundays was the norm for me….. and I would volunteer for doubles.

I have worked my fair share of overtime. It is one thing to chose to work overtime. Alot of people are being told they have work when falls on their shift. Then once October comes there will be no more overtime and the summer is gone.
    I spent 2 summers working out of province. The first summer I came home every 21 days. The second summer I came home once in 4 months. I said I never do that again. Missed seeing alot stuff with my girls.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.530 seconds